Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, WBT said:

image.png.5a900aa2efa8cca9d6ba4920f3fa0213.png

Pena is much more consistent!

I'm sure we'll keep only spending on up and down RPs and mid/late 30s injured guys because they will take 3-5 year contracts.   What could go wrong?

Oh I mean if the money saved wasn’t going to be lit on fire it would have been much more helpful. For sure. 

The team MVP has now been worth -0.5 WAR since May. Since that 17 game HOF streak he went on, he's hitting .199/.260/.338/.599 over 201 ABs. Without the 17 gamer, he's at .203/.264/.359/.622 over 251 ABs with 63 Ks. It's time he gets DFA'd.

For a frame of reference to just how bad team MVP has been, Maldonado as the worst regular in MLB hit .191/.258/.348/.606 last year, so yes, Meyers has been almost equal to Maldonado for much of the season.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

This is amazing. Jake Woodford was so bad the White Sox cut him. In his 2 starts for them, he went 8.1 IP and gave up 10 ERs. Of course, he's completely baffling our hitters with their shitty approaches.

2’hitter 

8 minutes ago, Hornsbay22 said:

Honestly can't figure out how we make the shittiest pitchers look so unhittable, then I remember we have a line up of Pena,singleton, and Meyers in the middle of it.

Last year, they were 4th in the AL in total walks, this year they are 13th. That is the biggest reason for the inconsistency.

Altuve, Bregman, Pena, and McCormick are no where close to where they were at last year.

Edited by HtownHorn

On 7/1/2024 at 12:16 PM, UTexasFight said:

While i agree they “can” I’m still so scarred by April and May that they’re going to have to prove it to me.

I’ll take some more “almost treading water”—and some interesting decisions at the trade deadline. And hope we blow the doors off in August.

Let’s go 14-11 for July 

@TOR 2-2

@MIN 2-1

MIA 2-1

TEX 2-1

@SEA 1-2

@OAK 2-1

LAD 2-1

PIT 1-2

Oh hai.

Only got the last two series results correct. But got the overall record of 14-11.

6-6 since the all star break is a bit disappointing. Really need Tucker back. August could be rough, by not adding a bat and the schedule we’re facing. 22 of the 28 against teams over .500 (although the post-deadline Rays, who we play 6 times, are not a .500 (55-53) team).

Gonna sound like a broken record but:

I’ll take some more “almost treading water”—and hope and pray we get Tucker and some SP back by Labor Day. And hope we blow the doors off in September.

hot start, finish the month with a whimper 

15-13

TB 2-1

TEX 2-1

@BOS 2-1

@TB 1-2

CWS 3-0

BOS 1-2

@BAL 1-3

@PHI 1-2

KC 2-1

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Oh hai.

Only got the last two series results correct. But got the overall record of 14-11.

6-6 since the all star break is a bit disappointing. Really need Tucker back. August could be rough, by not adding a bat and the schedule we’re facing. 22 of the 28 against teams over .500 (although the post-deadline Rays, who we play 6 times, are not a .500 (55-53) team).

Gonna sound like a broken record but:

I’ll take some more “almost treading water”—and hope and pray we get Tucker and some SP back by Labor Day. And hope we blow the doors off in September.

hot start, finish the month with a whimper 

15-13

TB 2-1

TEX 2-1

@BOS 2-1

@TB 1-2

CWS 3-0

BOS 1-2

@BAL 1-3

@PHI 1-2

KC 2-1

Shouldn't be an overly optimistic forecast for August, but I fear it will be. Thrilled to be proved wrong.