Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

0-2 homers should get you fined

So, today I ran the chain saw all day trying to clean up the yard. Made a big brush pile on the driveway (it’s gravel- we live on 6 acres). I was pouring gas all over said brush file and my 11 year old went and lit the pile on fire as o was still pouring on it. Whoosh. Huge flare up. My hat started burning. I have no hair on my left arm and have a pretty decent heat rash working. The gas can in my right hand caught fire. My entire right leg (was wearing jeans) was burning. 

I say all that to say this- that 0-2 pitch by Blanco made me more angry than anything else that happened to me today. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

We are lucky Poche didnt spike the shit out of Yordans leg that turned into infection that resulted in amputation there

Thinking the same thing. Would have been an easy red card.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

Just think without the Pirates and Tampa kicking the ball around in the last 2 games, we would be looking at a 6 game losing streak and back to looking up at the Mariners. The offense is horrible right now and the pitching hasn't been much better.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

That tends to happen when you have an entire starting rotation on the IL.

Wouldn't argue with that. We need way more offense to overcome that obvious shortfall. Which makes it even more painful fielding an offense reminiscent of the Astrodome era. 

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Wouldn't argue with that. We need way more offense to overcome that obvious shortfall. Which makes it even more painful fielding an offense reminiscent of the Astrodome era. 

We have an offense full of #9 hitters. Singelton, Pena, Meyers, and Dubon. If they were the #9 hitter it would be ok, but unfortunately they are hitting 5-8 tonight. Tucker fixes one of those holes if he ever returns and he get back to the level he was at before his injury, but that still leaves Espada putting 9+ easy outs into the lineup every night.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fucking weak.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

We have an offense full of #9 hitters. Singelton, Pena, Meyers, and Dubon. If they were the #9 hitter it would be ok, but unfortunately they are hitting 5-8 tonight. Tucker fixes one of those holes if he ever returns and he get back to the level he was at before his injury, but that still leaves Espada putting 9+ easy outs into the lineup every night.

You’re being too nice actually

I still can't believe we are essentially playing with a 26-man roster because Espada needs A. Diaz in a veteran clubhouse. That is just fucking hilarious. We could have Salazar as the 3rd catcher and play either Diaz or Caratini at 1B instead of Singleton, but Espada needs Diaz on the roster even though he provides fucking nothing from a winning games on the field stand point. If you need him in the clubhouse make him a fucking coach, but don't waste a spot on the 26-man roster for a guy you never plan on playing.

This roster will need a complete make over in the off-season unless we can rely on Seattle and Texas fucking around until Altuve retires and this window of Astros baseball closes. We also need to fire Cintron and Snitker.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This roster will need a complete make over in the off-season unless we can rely on Seattle and Texas fucking around until Altuve retires and this window of Astros baseball closes.

Can you do a complete make-over with three to five year deals and a depleted farm system?

I guess we'll find out.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Can you do a complete make-over with three to five year deals and a depleted farm system?

I guess we'll find out.

You are set a 2B, SS, C, and DH.

Matthews needs to break camp with the team next year, send him to winter ball to learn how to play LF.

You make Tucker a good faith long-term extension, if he turns it down, you trade him for a package with 1 ready made MLB player and another one that is close.

You have Dezenzo, Whitcomb, and Bastidas ready to take over at 3B. You got to think that one of them can match Bregman's current production.

Leon should play everyday the rest of the season instead of Meyers/McCormick to see if he's a part of the future.

Sign a veteran 1B like Bell or Goldschmidt to a one-year + PO type deal.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Matthews needs to break camp with the team next year, send him to winter ball to learn how to play LF.

You make Tucker a good faith long-term extension, if he turns it down, you trade him for a package with 1 ready made MLB player and another one that is close.

You have Dezenzo, Whitcomb, and Bastidas ready to take over at 3B. You got to think that one of them can match Bregman's current production.

Leon should play everyday the rest of the season instead of Meyers/McCormick to see if he's a part of the future.

You should go on Wulaw’s podcast. I might actually listen to hit for the first time. It would be fucking hilarious. 

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What length of contract would you consider good faith for Kyle Tucker?

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, today I ran the chain saw all day trying to clean up the yard. Made a big brush pile on the driveway (it’s gravel- we live on 6 acres). I was pouring gas all over said brush file and my 11 year old went and lit the pile on fire as o was still pouring on it. Whoosh. Huge flare up. My hat started burning. I have no hair on my left arm and have a pretty decent heat rash working. The gas can in my right hand caught fire. My entire right leg (was wearing jeans) was burning. 

I say all that to say this- that 0-2 pitch by Blanco made me more angry than anything else that happened to me today. 

Holy crap.

never use gas to start a fire.

one big woosh of a flame and it’s often done….just like if you’re too close.

use diesel.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Whoever made the deal with the devil after Tucker’s injury to keep our offense humming from beginning of June through the all star break, assuming he’d be back by then, really fucked up not negotiating for it through the end of the regular season 

• Haha 1