Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

48 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

FYI we are both Rangers and Astros fans, and the Astros broadcast is way better than the Rangers. Julia is great as are the main guys. So much more enjoyable than the Rangers broadcast. 

Well yeah, we fired their tv pbp guy for being boring and sounding just like his partner.

Not that Kalas is any good either.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, WBT said:

Well yeah, we fired their tv pbp guy for being boring and sounding just like his partner.

Not that Kalas is any good either.

He was our radio guy, they replaced Milo when he retired and Ashby, who thought he was getting the pbp job, but instead we just fired him instead. I wish Crane would have admitted his mistake on Abreu and Montero as fast he got rid of those two idiots in the radio to get Sparks and Ford.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, WBT said:

Ah yes, Dave Raymond... NSIAP because it's still hilarious days later (watch to the end if you haven't seen this)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

LuLz @ Altuve hr is a hr in one park 

I call #1 bullshit on this. That was plenty high and far enough to reach Crawford Boxes. It was 397 ft.

As a matter of fact:

Just more shit Blum and Kalas are clueless about
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I call #1 bullshit on this. That was plenty high and far enough to reach Crawford Boxes. It was 397 ft.

As a matter of fact:

Just more shit Blum and Kalas are clueless about

This confused me as well but wasn’t it the stat source saying it was 326ft? Weren’t they just repeating it?

Probably so but anyone with a brain saw that hit the board above the monster... which the monster is 2Xs higher than Crawford Boxes and only 5 ft shorter at the poles....so just by seeing where that ball went it is impossible it wouldnt have made it to Crawford boxes (not even talking the other 28 fields) 

But dad jokes and Biden(no CR) of broadcasting couldn't see that I guess 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1