Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

No doubt there have been budgetary constraints. But the Moneyball A’s say hello. Not looking for starters or all stars but there are bats out there. Profar signed for a million dollars and might be Padres MVP. Bligh Madris and these other guys that have never been successful have given just what was to be expected. I don’t know. Maybe he’s done all he could. Just terrible to have World Series expectations and a 6-9 and bench like we have. If you’re gonna be a bear be a grizzly bear. 

Agree and am hoping that the Astros will be more aggressive this offseason in finding a couple of bench bats. Every spot on the 26/40 man rosters should be utilized to its full potential and frankly this team has been taking getting to the playoffs for granted for the last 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

No doubt there have been budgetary constraints. But the Moneyball A’s say hello. Not looking for starters or all stars but there are bats out there. Profar signed for a million dollars and might be Padres MVP. Bligh Madris and these other guys that have never been successful have given just what was to be expected. I don’t know. Maybe he’s done all he could. Just terrible to have World Series expectations and a 6-9 and bench like we have. If you’re gonna be a bear be a grizzly bear. 

Alternatively, look around baseball and tell me who has a stacked lineup past the 5th spot. Idk maybe they are out there. But I think the lineups we saw at the beginning of this run just have us spoiled. Now, there just aren’t any teams like we saw then. 2017 had 3 teams in MLB break 100. 2019 had 4, with 3 in the AL alone.

this year, the current best record in baseball is on pace to only get to 95 wins.

• Rage+1 2