Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

surly thread ….

triggered GIF

Bc we are right. 

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Kyle Tucker needs to get his head out of his ass fairly quick. Should have went for rehab assignment, but of course our brainiacs would rather him bat 4th and go one for 80.

This has basically been his rehab assignment. I expect 2 HR tonight 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTexasFight said:

5.5 back of the 2 seed with 18 to go.

gonna be tough 

I'll be happy if we just win the division at this point. We've pissed away an absurd amount of games this season with brain dead roster construction, brain dead management/lineups, and brain dead defense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Bc we are right. 

This has basically been his rehab assignment. I expect 2 HR tonight 

I said it over the weekend. He should be batting higher than 5th until he shows he’s found his rhythm.

0-6 from the 3 hole last night (with runners on base in 5 of those ) was brutal 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I'll be happy if we just win the division at this point. We've pissed away an absurd amount of games this season with brain dead roster construction, brain dead management/lineups, and brain dead defense. 

Get to 3 by the last 3 then..

image.gif.5a6afd99fa31c85cd5fd4736d7149764.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

I said it over the weekend. He should be batting higher than 5th until he shows he’s found his rhythm.

0-6 from the 3 hole last night (with runners on base in 5 of those ) was brutal 

have you read the back of his baseball card !!!

33 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's a better catcher though.  The problem is that Yainer's best position is DH, but we don't have the luxury of playing him there regularly.

We have an entire infield and 2/3rds of an OF full of DHs on this team the way they are playing defense since the ASB.

I don’t see anyway it doesn’t cost us at least 1 one game in the playoffs. That combined with an incompetent rookie manager, it will be a minor miracle if we make it back to the LCS, let alone the World Series and/or win it all.

the only saving grace is that no one else in the AL looks unbeatable and we’re 3-3 against the best of the NL so anything can happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1