Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Does anyone feel confident with Hader as our closer going to the playoffs? I sure as hell don’t. 

Yes.

There was no reason to bring him into this game though.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Does anyone feel confident with Hader as our closer going to the playoffs? I sure as hell don’t. 

You should. He's one of the best closers in baseball.

40 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Fuck man, I don't want to play the Royals. 

You'd rather play the Tigers right now?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Yes.

There was no reason to bring him into this game though.

I have no problem with it ( other than the risk of a wet mound/ball after what happened to Pressly in Boston earlier this year). 

They brought him in to give him 3 days off and have him fully rested in case he has to pitch 3 straight Tue-Thu. 
Same with Abreu. 
Their regular season is over.

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I have no problem with it ( other than the risk of a wet mound/ball after what happened to Pressly in Boston earlier this year). 

They brought him in to give him 3 days off and have him fully rested in case he has to pitch 3 straight Tue-Thu. 
Same with Abreu. 
Their regular season is over.

Yeah I guess that's fair.  I was thinking you give him his last tune up tomorrow.  3 days off feels a little long.

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

More Mariners schadenfruede:

the Royals went 12-1 vs the White Sox.

tigers are currently 10-1 vs the White Sox.

mariners 6-1 vs the White Sox. WC race probably looks a lot difference if they get another 6 games vs that garbage. 

The Mariners got A's & Angels games that is at best a wash

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah I guess that's fair.  I was thinking you give him his last tune up tomorrow.  3 days off feels a little long.

It does. But if he gets rusty after 3 days off, we have bigger issues. So far this year, he’s been fine with that much of a break.

He’s had 13 appearances this season after 3 or more days rest and a 2.40 ERA in those appearances…but most of that ERA comes from early in the year when he was not good.

Since June 14, he’s had 8 appearances on 3 or more days rest and has only given up 1 run ( a 9th inning home run against the D-Backs on that 9/8 Sunday night game that JV shit the bed and we were down 11-5 and he was only in because he hadn’t pitched in 8 days).