Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Time to predict the 26 for this round.  Although I'd love it to be like no more than 10 pitchers, I'm sure they will carry 11.

Pitchers:  Framber, Brown, Kicuchi, (in that order).  Pen- Hader, Presley, Abreu, Nerris, Arrighetti, JV, King, Turd Fergusson (barf)- I'd personally go with Ort there

C- Diaz, Caratini, Salazar

IF- Singleton, Altuve, Pena, Bregman, Whitcomb, Dezenzo

OF- Yordan, Heyward, Chas, Meyers, Dubon, Tucker 

That’s probably right. Although idk what value JV gives you. Arrighetti can handle the mop up duty if we’re getting blown out and I’d trust his stuff more to play the role of Garcia if we find ourselves in an 18 inning marathon.

Infield, I’d eye Kessinger for defense instead of whitcomb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

That’s probably right. Although idk what value JV gives you. Arrighetti can handle the mop up duty if we’re getting blown out and I’d trust his stuff more to play the role of Garcia if we find ourselves in an 18 inning marathon.

Infield, I’d eye Kessinger for defense instead of whitcomb. 

Good catch. Probably will be Kess. I would have whitcomb rather than Dezenzo if you make that switch. 

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes- I thought I had him in there. Brain fart. Him for King I bet. 

Ferguson and King’s numbers the past month are both shitty. Turd’s are slightly less shitty.

ort’s are better than them both (including against lefties), except for the long ball. Which is not what you want right now.

I have no idea. Put King, Ferguson, Ort, JV names in to a hat. Hold your nose and pull two out.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

FUCK!

There should never be a playoff series where Dubon starts over Yordan…but if there were, it would be this one (better against Tiger pitching this year in every category with only 4 fewer plate appearances than Yordan):

IMG_3101.thumb.png.462aeb5a9ee1880630246f0cd8417ea8.png

IMG_3102.thumb.png.4d83c0d021a7a5987e43da2e1e40f5de.png

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Remind me which knee?

left? Or right?

if right, just wheel him out there if he’s the tying/winning run in the 8th or 9th (or extras) and let him crawl around the bases if he has to after delivering this year’s version of the Robbie Ray blast 

left 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Burn a spot for him just in case. I don't care.

Especially since you don’t need more than 8 or 9 pitchers for a 3 game series. I mean- I know they will carry more- but Yordan for a PH or two, even if he can’t run, is more valuable over the 3 gamer than turd Ferguson or Ort.