Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The only reason we made it this year was the AL West was the worst division in baseball.

Crane needs a complete reset from the HOF cabal down to every coach and medical personnel.

Which won’t happen. We won’t make any changes and I’ll be surprised if we do anything of substance in free agency.

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A peaceful October will be strange.

I met my significant other in August 2016. The Astros helped me out that year missing the playoffs allowing me to focus on reeling her in.

I think I’m more anxious because idk what I’m going to do with the rest of my October.

I’m not sure I’m ready to let her get a taste of what life can be like if I’m available for “stuff” in October.

• Hook 'Em 1

who do you bring in besides pressley and harder ? 

1) ideally Hader wouldn’t have been used yesterday so he’d be more rested and unfamiliar to Detroit
2) Given that 3 of the first 4 batters in the 8th were scheduled to be lefties, not to mention it’s the top of their order, analytics would argue that Hader should have pitched the 8th from the start
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

Hinch is a badass...Major Props hate we let em go

Those in this thread who say managers don’t matter are delusional. Yes, players ultimately have to execute, but Hinch puts the right people in the right situations more often than most. His team of unknowns + 1 cy young pitcher are going to the ALDS, and a lot of that is because he’s pushing the right buttons at the right time. I maintain he’s the best active manager in the majors 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Those in this thread who say managers don’t matter are delusional. Yes, players ultimately have to execute, but Hinch puts the right people in the right situations more often than most. His team of unknowns + 1 cy young pitcher are going to the ALDS, and a lot of that is because he’s pushing the right buttons at the right time. I maintain he’s the best active manager in the majors 

Managers don't matter.  Unless they're completely off the deep end playing martin maldonado every day or something.

• Haha 3