2024 Paris Summer Olympics - Death Squad

Esque

Had a discussion about this years team versus original dream team.  Question was who would make the original dream team from this team and who would they replace.  The only ones I think make it from this years team are James, Durant and Curry.  I think they replace Magic, Bird and Stockton.  Possibly Edwards over Pippen but I don't think people realize how amazing at defense Pippen and Jordan were together.  

7 minutes ago, Haywood Jeffires said:

KD, Steph and LeBron could replace Laetner, Mullin and Drexler.

The next lowest ranked Dream Teamers are Pippen and Stockton.  Don't see any current players replacing them.

Ewing can pound sand.

On 8/6/2024 at 11:26 AM, aggie08 said:

Sure, but defense was at least still supposed to his thing. Now he's a completely redundant spare.

On 8/6/2024 at 11:35 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He is? Oh. News to me

Yes? 3 minutes in the quarterfinals, 5 in the semis. 0 points, 2 combined rebounds. And France has been much better off for it. 

Like I said, just a tough situation for arguably the 2nd most decorated French player ever. Elite guards and wings can play together. Centers really can't, especially one as offensively limited as Gobert. Not trying to knock him (okay, maybe a little), it's just the nature of the position when another center does literally everything better than you.

19 minutes ago, Derka said:

i remember when this happened to the dream team in a semifinal game.

lol

None of the teams that the Dream Team played could make 10 threes in a half against air, nor did they have the best player in the world on their team.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

None of the teams that the Dream Team played could make 10 threes in a half against air, nor did they have the best player in the world on their team.

yeah but this team is more talented than the dream team, so that’s not really a valid excuse.