2024 Paris Summer Olympics - Death Squad

Esque

Ever since pros started going to the Olympics its been about sacrifice and figuring out your role to fit in for these Olympic situations and now we have people whining about someone not getting mins while they are winning.   I could almost see it if they were losing. Almost.

Further, are these people really thinking he should be playing over LBJ and KD?!??    No team goes 12 deep in 48 min NBA gms but they are expecting everyone to get mins in a 40 min gm?

Edited by d2o

26 minutes ago, MrX said:

If you’re gonna play Tatum then that comes at the expense of Durant. Yeah, not happening. 

I don't know. In this era of positionless basketball, where 1-4 can be basically interchangeable, it has to hurt to see Booker get big minutes and White and Holiday ahead of you in the rotation. He's a good enough defender to guard smaller, faster players.

He doesn't need to be a key factor on this roster, but there's a big difference between 0 minutes and 7 minutes. You can at least talk yourself into being a contributor with 7, and no one in the media cares. 0 is embarrassing for a dude who just won a title.

Kerr plays favorites and holds grudges. It is known.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know. In this era of positionless basketball, where 1-4 can be basically interchangeable, it has to hurt to see Booker get big minutes and White and Holiday ahead of you in the rotation. He's a good enough defender to guard smaller, faster players.

He doesn't need to be a key factor on this roster, but there's a big difference between 0 minutes and 7 minutes. You can at least talk yourself into being a contributor with 7, and no one in the media cares. 0 is embarrassing for a dude who just won a title.

Kerr plays favorites and holds grudges. It is known.

I think Tatum may get some run in the final - France rolls with a bunch of wings and we may play less of the double big look. 

32 minutes ago, d2o said:

Ever since pros started going to the Olympics its been about sacrifice and figuring out your role to fit in for these Olympic situations and now we have people whining about someone not getting mins while they are winning.   I could almost see it if they were losing. Almost.

I would guess that a 4x All-NBA player and reigning NBA champion would assume that his role sacrifice for the betterment of the team would be not starting and playing only a few minutes at a time, not never taking off his warm-ups. 

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I would guess that a 4x All-NBA player and reigning NBA champion would assume that his role sacrifice for the betterment of the team would be not starting and playing only a few minutes at a time, not never taking off his warm-ups. 

yeah and despite all of that he isnt better than the 2 guys ahead of him at his position.   He should know going in that to get mins he was gonna have to grind on defense and do other things.   Unless he was far and away better than KD/LBJ in practice he is never going to be the focal point.   If he played 3-5 mins when games were decided would that really be any different?

12 minutes ago, d2o said:

yeah and despite all of that he isnt better than the 2 guys ahead of him at his position.   He should know going in that to get mins he was gonna have to grind on defense and do other things.   Unless he was far and away better than KD/LBJ in practice he is never going to be the focal point.   If he played 3-5 mins when games were decided would that really be any different?

C'mon man, let's not pretend that a lineup with KD/LeBron AND Tatum on it would be some square peg, round hole shit. He's a tall, athletic guy who can defend and shoot. He doesn't have to take KD or Bron's minutes to get on the court.

And, yes, getting a few non-garbage time minutes a game is very different than wearing warm-ups.

Edited by aggie08