2024 Paris Summer Olympics - Death Squad

Esque

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Nah, we are at home. We should win. I would be more worried if it wasn't in LA. 

the rest of the world is going to close the gap in that time, and we will not have the three iconic players responsible for these last two wins. 2028 will be the most closely contested men’s basketball tournament since they let nba players in.

Just now, Derka said:

the rest of the world is going to close the gap in that time, and we will not have the three iconic players responsible for these last two wins. 2028 will be the most closely contested men’s basketball tournament since they let nba players in.

other than 2004 you mean? I guess that wasn't closely contested Manu just beat all their asses

Edited by Michael Knight

32 minutes ago, Derka said:

This may come as a surprise but Curry and Lebron didnt play in Tokyo lol, what are you talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This may come as a surprise but Curry and Lebron didnt play in Tokyo lol, what are you talking about. 

well i know that this is really difficult to figure out, seeing as you quoted it and put it in bold letters, but what i am talking about is these last two wins, you moron.

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Gotcha. Well to those that are worried, we won Tokyo with a pretty subpar team, and I am sure the 2028 team will be better than that team. And we will have the added benefit of home cooking. 

the world is only catching up to us, getting better and better each year. what happened four years ago is in no way an indicator of what will happen four years from now, again, when the world field is improved, and steph, lebron, and kd are gone. tatum, ant, and embiid are going to have a much tougher time in 2028 than team usa had this year.

Just now, Derka said:

the world is only catching up to us, getting better and better each year. what happened four years ago is in no way an indicator of what will happen four years from now, again, when the world field is improved, and steph, lebron, and kd are gone. tatum, ant, and embiid are going to have a much tougher time in 2028 than team usa had this year.

I have been hearing this tired line "the world is catching up with us" for a very long time, after pretty much every Olympics. I will believe it when I see it. We have fucked up once since 96. I like our odds to win our 6th straight gold medal, take the doomer shit elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

will believe it when I see it.

the last six mvp awards have gone to foreign born players, the top 5 players in the league are from serbia, slovenia, greece, cameroon, and canada, a list that doesn’t even include france’s victor wembanyama, and the usa just had to come back from down 17 in an olympic semifinal game against serbia. what exactly have you been watching?

Edited by Derka