2024 Paris Summer Olympics - Death Squad

Esque

Jesus, Adam Silver is the most villainous looking motherfucker in sports. Nosferatu in the flesh. Any public appearance should be prefaced with an apology.
Saw him up close at the game where Jokic got his MVP trophy. He looks worse in person.

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 8/3/2024 at 10:28 AM, Braff Zacklin said:
Jesus, Adam Silver is the most villainous looking motherfucker in sports. Nosferatu in the flesh. Any public appearance should be prefaced with an apology.

Saw him up close at the game where Jokic got his MVP trophy. He looks worse in person.

He looks just like my wife’s uncle when he was undergoing chemo.  Doppelgängers. Looking like someone going through chemo is not something I would aspire to.

• Like 1

The USA avoids the 2nd and 3rd best teams (imo Canada and Germany) until the finals, although they do potentially face Serbia for the third time in round two (although Australia might not be an easy out for them), which may or may not be tricky

Germany
Greece

France
Canada

Serbia
Australia

USA
Brazil

These games are on Tuesday

Brazil should be a Tatum game due to Brazli being a great offensive rebounding; their only shot is hitting a ton of threes and getting extra possessions from offensive rebounds 

Germany knocked off Greece as expected. They might be who we see in the finals

Australia is up on Serbia early, 33-17 right now. I think Australia would be a considerably easier game for the US, although the US obviously should beat either team 

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

Australia is up on Serbia early, 33-17 right now. I think Australia would be a considerably easier game for the US, although the US obviously should beat either team 

Let's just get past Brazil first.

40 minutes ago, Fud said:

The Boomers have a competitive roster, especially so with the international version of Mills showing up again in the 1st half. They lack bigs, but can pressure on the perimeter. I think that overall they are a tougher out for the US than Serbia if they win.

10 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The Boomers have a competitive roster, especially so with the international version of Mills showing up again in the 1st half. They lack bigs, but can pressure on the perimeter. I think that overall they are a tougher out for the US than Serbia if they win.

Serbia can still get a good shot on any given possession because of Jokic, and they might have had the US in trouble in the first matchup in group play had KD not gone nuclear 

Mills went off in the first half of this game, but he'd been terrible in the previous three games. He also can't guard anyone on the US

And now Serbia is only down one point 

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Serbia can still get a good shot on any given possession because of Jokic, and they might have had the US in trouble in the first matchup in group play had KD not gone nuclear 

Mills went off in the first half of this game, but he'd been terrible in the previous three games. He also can't guard anyone on the US

And now Serbia is only down one point 

The Boomers do not have a reliable option on offense. It’s great to play such good defense, but it doesn’t matter when you completely dry up on the other end. Giddey has got to develop his perimeter game A LOT. No real news there though. I would take the US by 15-20, perhaps more, depending upon the rotation Kerr decides to use in the semi-final if it is Serbia. Still gotta take out these Cariocas and friends, but I see no way this team loses when they are all focused. 

Gotta be a little weird for Gobert, as the 4x DPOY, to be teammates on his national team with another center who, at 20, is already a more versatile defender than him. And obviously 100x more offensively skilled. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gotta be a little weird for Gobert, as the 4x DPOY, to be teammates on his national team with another center who, at 20, is already a more versatile defender than him. And obviously 100x more offensively skilled. 

He’s supposed to feel weird a literal alien surpasses him as one of the country’s best basketball players it has ever produced? I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall 4 years ago

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s supposed to feel weird a literal alien surpasses him as one of the country’s best basketball players it has ever produced? I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall 4 years ago

Sure, but defense was at least still supposed to his thing. Now he's a completely redundant spare.