The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It felt like edm was rattled even after tying the game back up, with the cheap cross check and Leon playing games after the period was over. Plus the slapper after the offsides whistle. They were trying to get Dallas off its game by making them mad. 

We will see what level of panic they may have on wed. 

Posted (edited)

I didn't know about this until today. I saw a little about it from Shippy but I didn't go through the whole mess. 

Short version is DJ does DJ thing and Edmonton is not happy about it and explains why. DJ is really sorry. As a goodwill gesture the foundation of a kid gets some cash.

Ten grand at last reckoning.

Oh yeah. Fuck Cancer 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Just the stars playing stars games. If you've been with us since game 1 little should surprise you now. Love this team. No quit. None here either. 

I will admit that I'm not one that has followed the team throughout the season but yeah this team doesn't seem to get fazed that easily. That 1st period would kill the will of a lot of teams, but these guys are just like "fuck it, we're better". Love seeing that. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Anson with an interesting observation when he says Robertson’s game isn’t played with a whole lot of pace (great description, btw) so having Roope back is huge because it gets Robo moving around.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Anson with an interesting observation when he says Robertson’s game isn’t played with a whole lot of pace (great description, btw) so having Roope back is huge because it gets Robo moving around.

It does that and makes that line go but his presence also resets the other lines. We didn’t just drop faksa onto that line and say get after it, his loss was felt down the lines.  

Having him affects so much on our offense, as well as d line pairs that our lines see. 

I didn't know about this until today. I saw a little about it from Shippy but I didn't go through the whole mess. 
Short version is DJ does DJ thing and Edmonton is not happy about it and explains why. DJ is really sorry. As a goodwill gesture the foundation of a kid gets some cash.
Ten grand at last reckoning.
Oh yeah. Fuck Cancer 

I hadn’t heard any of this. Found this:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/stars-dj-apologizes-for-playing-la-bamba-after-game-2-win-over-oilers-1.6902672
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

It does that and makes that line go but his presence also resets the other lines. We didn’t just drop faksa onto that line and say get after it, his loss was felt down the lines.  

Having him affects so much on our offense, as well as d line pairs that our lines see. 

Helps that Roope looked like a completely different player tonight than he was when playoffs began.
  • Hook 'Em 3

We're all sports fans here, and we've all seen it before. You gear up for a really tough game. Your game plan is to fight and scratch until the end. Then, the game starts, and you quickly put a knot on the other guys' head.

Trouble is, you're not really sure how you did it, and you don't know what to do next. Do you keep pressing and risk losing your fortunate lead? Do you lay back and defend for basically the entire game? What to do with your 60 minute game plan that just became a 10 minute one?

Of course, the other team can either give up and skate it out, or go into hyper-attack mode. This isn't game 30 of the regular season. This is the Western Conference Finals. The Stars saw it against the Avs in game 1. Re-finding your focus after good fortune is a tough task.

I expect Edmonton to spend the next 48 hours putting their eggs back in the basket. They're a proud franchise with plenty of talent to win the Cup, but they have to answer the bell Wednesday night.

I'm having trouble working up a hatred of Edmonton.  Kane, sure, and Hymen is doing his part.  But I really like 2, 29, and 97.  Those guys are just fun to watch, and they don't seem to be cunts like Makar and Pietrangelo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm having trouble working up a hatred of Edmonton.  Kane, sure, and Hymen is doing his part.  But I really like 2, 29, and 97.  Those guys are just fun to watch, and they don't seem to be cunts like Makar and Pietrangelo.

Same. And catching up on the story of the kid with terminal cancer shows how great McDavid and Draisatl seem to be off the ice. The city of Edmonton's relationship with the Oilers is a lot like San Antonio and the Spurs. If we don't win this series, I'll be pulling for Edmonton to be the first Canadian team to win the Cup since '93. It really is a pretty neat place to see a hockey game.

If I didn't already like it, I was completely mesmerized by the Miracle on Ice group. I was 7 when they won the gold medal. I was, like many others no doubt, an Oilers fan in the early 80's as a little kid in San Antonio. The closest team to us was probably St. Louis, maybe Atlanta??? I vaguely remember the Oilers ending the Islanders' run and then start one of their own.

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Agreed. Edmonton is hard to hate. I think the Gretzky factor plays into it also. I can't really remember back that far but in the 80's when Edmonton was winning the cups my guess is the Cup Finals were the only thing broadcast nationwide over the air.  so you saw Gretzky and Edmonton win it.  I think older casual fans remember those days and if you don't have a team you can root for Edmonton.

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Kane is, indeed, a cunt.

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I’m starting to feel some villainous things for Nurse as well.

• Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m starting to feel some villainous things for Nurse as well.

I dunno. I kind of "like" the worst player on the ice last night!

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 11.00.15 AM.png

• Hook 'Em 1