The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connor McDavid winning a Stanley Cup with Edmonton this season would be like Luka Doncic winning an NBA title for Dallas this season.

they are both generational players who are the elite of the elite, and both should win titles in their career.  i just don't want Connor to get his now.

• Drool 1

Edmonton reminds me of the Mavs. They have the best player, maybe 2 players, remaining in the playoffs and they seem to have some youthful legs about now. They’re flat out skating faster, checking their butts off, and hitting better than we are. Stars look out of gas. That said, wouldn’t be totally surprised if we see a game 7. 

• Like 1

I’m not much of a mavs or stars fan, but I would kind of enjoy a situation where Dallas held the Stanley Cup, NBA Championship, and World Series all at once and Jerry Jones had to endure the shame of the whole world pointing at him and laughing.

Which, now that I think about it, he pretty much already endures that on a daily basis, but this way would somehow seem better.

• Hook 'Em 1

Last night felt like a funeral after they went up 3.   It just seemed like a combination of Stars being out of gas and Edmonton hitting another gear.   I listened to a podcast with a Vegas analyst and Sean Shapiro before the Vegas series started and one thing that stuck with me is Shapiro saying that what concerned him about Vegas from a Stars perspective is that even if you get past them, how much will the body blows of playing such a physical team in a 7 game series take out of you down the road.  Wonder if we are starting to see that now. 

I fully expect this team to give it their all tomorrow night.   I agree 100% with what Pete said and I absolutely don't question this teams character.   I just question whether they are spent.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.   Would love to get this to a game 7 on Tuesday and let the chips fall.

20 hours ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Couple of buddies of mine from Edmonton at the game. I asked what they thought......

'Great atmosphere. Nice arena. But what's with people going to get food during the power play?' 

Ha! Some things you just don't do north of the border. 

There were a lot of Edmonton fans and they seem like a great fanbase.   Support their team hard without being jackasses.   They seem infinitely better than the Knights and Avs douchebags I encountered.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Last night felt like a funeral after they went up 3.   It just seemed like a combination of Stars being out of gas and Edmonton hitting another gear.   I listened to a podcast with a Vegas analyst and Sean Shapiro before the Vegas series started and one thing that stuck with me is Shapiro saying that what concerned him about Vegas from a Stars perspective is that even if you get past them, how much will the body blows of playing such a physical team in a 7 game series take out of you down the road.  Wonder if we are starting to see that now. 

I fully expect this team to give it their all tomorrow night.   I agree 100% with what Pete said and I absolutely don't question this teams character.   I just question whether they are spent.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.   Would love to get this to a game 7 on Tuesday and let the chips fall.

Stars get the 1 seed and really get fucked with the draw. Vegas/avs in 1 and 2 is a harder path than anyone had to go through. Edmonton is good,  no question, but I think stars beat them in 5 in round 1. But,  this is hockey. No excuses,  go win tomorrow and let's see what happens. 

On 6/1/2024 at 9:55 AM, Constant said:

Channel this properly and lets go kick their ass in game 6. 

This kind of response worries me a little bit because it wasn't an unreasonable question. DeBoer usually seems pretty unflappable. His clap-back at Cowlishaw, a really, really good dude BTW, makes me think DeBoer was not happy with the performance and might be running out of ideas. He just wasn't going to throw his team under the bus. Perhaps I'm way-overthinking things as we stare off into the abyss this afternoon.

Getting back to the series, we just look tired. It's been said by several of you but that's what it looks like. This team has fought so hard after falling behind 0-2 to Vegas and maybe it's finally coming to a head. I hope I'm wrong because I can't remember the last time I wanted a team to win a championship as much as this one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

This kind of response worries me a little bit because it wasn't an unreasonable question. DeBoer usually seems pretty unflappable. His clap-back at Cowlishaw, a really, really good dude BTW, makes me think DeBoer was not happy with the performance and might be running out of ideas.

I think it was intentional and was one of his last ideas LOL. Show the team he's got their back while also clearly letting them know their character is being questioned (regardless of whether that was Cowlishaw's actual intent).   I think we'll know what this team has left by how the first 20 minutes go.

I'll add I fully expect Edmonton to come out looking for the early kill just like the Mavs did in game 5.  First 20 minutes should be fast paced and back and forth.  If it remotely resembles the 2nd period we are toast.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

This kind of response worries me a little bit because it wasn't an unreasonable question. DeBoer usually seems pretty unflappable. His clap-back at Cowlishaw, a really, really good dude BTW, makes me think DeBoer was not happy with the performance and might be running out of ideas. He just wasn't going to throw his team under the bus. Perhaps I'm way-overthinking things as we stare off into the abyss this afternoon.

Getting back to the series, we just look tired. It's been said by several of you but that's what it looks like. This team has fought so hard after falling behind 0-2 to Vegas and maybe it's finally coming to a head. I hope I'm wrong because I can't remember the last time I wanted a team to win a championship as much as this one.

Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. He has to be feeling a bit puzzled at the moment. We knew defending these guys was going to be a challenge, but I don’t think anyone saw long periods of annihilation to our offensive game coming.

36 minutes ago, Constant said:

We knew defending these guys was going to be a challenge, but I don’t think anyone saw long periods of annihilation to our offensive game coming.

Exactly.  I told a gambler buddy to hammer the over 5.5 last game. I thought with Tanev out or playing injured our D would struggle but fully expected our offense to wake up and score 3-5 goals. I expected 8 combined goals minimum with someone winning 5-3 or 5-4.  I was shocked how they shut us down.

• Like 1

The last time the Stars won the Cup, we were tied at 2 games apiece in the Western Conference Finals with the Colorado Avalanche. We had the home game for Game 5, and we got boat raced 7-5. 

We won the next 2 games with 4-1 scores.

I want to believe the last 10 minutes of Fridays game was us tearing the seal off the goal. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

The last time the Stars won the Cup, we were tied at 2 games apiece in the Western Conference Finals with the Colorado Avalanche. We had the home game for Game 5, and we got boat raced 7-5. 

We won the next 2 games with 4-1 scores.

I want to believe the last 10 minutes of Fridays game was us tearing the seal off the goal. 

Mike keane ain’t skating through that door.