The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

The refs aren't going to call everything. When your power play is this weak, the other team is gonna play like bullies. They don't fear getting called.

I think this is right.  They could have been called for at least 3 more.  Doesn't seem like it would have mattered.  The first call on us was weak AF.  2nd one, Suter needs to move his fucking feet and not get in that position. He's just too fucking old.  He actually had a solid playoffs until this series all things considered but his legs are done. 

So god damn frustrating.  Completely outplayed them 5 on 5 but give those fucks a PP and we are toast.  

Just now, Henry Hill said:

1st period looked like the last 3. Have to be aggressive from this point forward. That was brutal.

I mean outside of the power plays we pretty much dominated that period.   They (at least McDavid) are just too fucking good 5 on 4.   That first goal was insane.   That is just elite talent being elite.  Nothing we could do about it.

starting on 23 jan we went 7-1, then went 1-6, then 5-0, 0-2, then 8-0
we are 100% jekyll hyde
we have 40 minutes to change our STARS

0-2 isn’t a “streak” worth mentioning really. I’d say that was 13-2.

lots of blind pass giveaways.  we are done.

I see nothing that gives me much hope at all in the third period. Skinner has the answer any time we get close. Otter is likely to let in another one.

Look. Game 5 was a clown show. Not defending that. This game has been a thoroughly contested effort where the best player in the world got 2 early.

We gotta get another one by Skinner. The Oilers completely shut down their offense. Have to make them pay for that!

Left it all on the ice tonight.  Nobody can question their character that's for sure.   Completely outplayed them but just couldn't finish.  Which is really the story of the playoffs.  Sometimes it really is about peaking at the right time and we just couldn't score goals.   Hurts mainly because this is probably the best team we've had in 25 years and that's it for several of these guys, but still a great run and great team.   We'll get back.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Can’t find nicely aggregated stats from a quick search, but the penalties didn’t seem all that different even though one team was playing obviously to avoid them and the other team playing like they didn’t care if they got called. 

And then the conversions were the difference.