Jay Hartzell is not out standard

Dahobbs

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

there's 12 days of early voting. someone on campus needs to get a campaign going where they divide the campus up by last name to not overcrowd the polling location. A-C go on day 1, D-F on day 2, etc. if they're going to bottleneck the process then best to plan ahead and be smart about it

We strict the vote like crazy in this state but I’ve never waited in a line of more than 2 people when early voting in Texas. It’s the people that wait until Election Day that run into the clusterfuck. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

We strict the vote like crazy in this state but I’ve never waited in a line of more than 2 people when early voting in Texas. It’s the people that wait until Election Day that run into the clusterfuck. 

but if they're changing it to the Student Union that is a MUCH smaller space than the FAC

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This.  When they reduce or get rid of early voting (and they will), that is when I will fight back.  Go vote early you dumbshits.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

but if they're changing it to the Student Union that is a MUCH smaller space than the FAC

I’ve voted in the last 8 elections in the FAC, as my office is in main. They use maybe a fifth, of half of the first floor. The building design does allow for shaded wrap around line. But the union also has large enough spaces for them to use the same amount of voting machines in multiple spaces of the union. Now, if they would use a larger space, and used more machines, the lines on Election Day would be much smaller. But they have used the same footprint and number of machines for at least 5-7 years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

Call me jaded, but I just don't trust this abbott directed admin to not be attempting voter suppression in some form with this move

abbott hates the university voting block

honestly, UT Austin students are damn lucky that they're not dealing with restricted hours or days of early voting. the kids are prairie view have been fighting this for many year.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/25/waller-county-texas-voter-suppression/

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03/24/voting-rights-lawsuit-waller-county/

• Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

I’ve voted in the last 8 elections in the FAC, as my office is in main. They use maybe a fifth, of half of the first floor. The building design does allow for shaded wrap around line. But the union also has large enough spaces for them to use the same amount of voting machines in multiple spaces of the union. Now, if they would use a larger space, and used more machines, the lines on Election Day would be much smaller. But they have used the same footprint and number of machines for at least 5-7 years.

they're not going to expand voting on any university campus in Texas

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/27/texas-a-m-brazos-county-early-voting-2022/

The Brazos County Commissioners Court has decided to take no action on bringing back the on-campus early-voting location at Texas A&M University for the 2022 elections, despite admitting that they made a mistake in removing the site at last week’s meeting.

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

restricting voting access in Brazos county seems like a strange move. 2020 election...

image.png.d484f6e4abe084c6ea9d935d7070bbc8.png

I cant imagine A&M students vote much differently

They did. It was blue around the university.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

They did. It was blue around the university.

I'll be goddamned! https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html

image.png.dde16e019b1ad0bdb1852675c7498a89.png

I appreciate you correcting me on that, as I was clearly talking out my ass. I guess that's what happens when my only exposure to aggy is observing the mouth breathers on Texags.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blotto said:

I'll be goddamned! https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html

image.png.dde16e019b1ad0bdb1852675c7498a89.png

I appreciate you correcting me on that, as I was clearly talking out my ass. I guess that's what happens when my only exposure to aggy is observing the mouth breathers on Texags.

It's a vicious cycle. Go to college--even a comparatively conservative one--start to question all the stereotypes preconceived notions that your parents saddled you with, start thinking for yourself, then go hang out with fattie and friends in the oil fields and Houston suburbs for decades making the same handful of dumb jokes/complaints, join Texags, become your parents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

restricting voting access in Brazos county seems like a strange move. 2020 election...

image.png.d484f6e4abe084c6ea9d935d7070bbc8.png

I cant imagine A&M students vote much differently

It’s not your father’s red ass student body

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

It's a vicious cycle. Go to college--even a comparatively conservative one--start to question all the stereotypes preconceived notions that your parents saddled you with, start thinking for yourself, then go hang out with fattie and friends in the oil fields and Houston suburbs for decades making the same handful of dumb jokes/complaints, join Texags, become your parents.

Way to break the cycle. Proud of you

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
UT Austin just posted it will be moved to the Student Union.

Or they can vote at the LBJ school on campus, which is a ten minute walk east of the Union, or at the Travis County Civil Court, which is six blocks south of the Union. All are open 7-7 Mon-Sat and 12-6 on Sun during early voting.

The Union location is open until 10pm on the last two days of early voting.

If you want to hang out with frustrated coeds, get in line at the Union an hour before they close on Election Day.

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Game is in Ann Arbor. No way Big Gretch lets him skulk around, and they've got two D senators that I presume hate his guts. 

I said what I said. We can't trust Big Gretch either. Knowing what we all know, she probably would invite him to guarantee the Wolverines win.

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/education/2024/10/02/university-of-texas-dean-says-jay-hartzell-wont-let-her-seek-second-term/75488355007/

Anyone have access to the statesman and want to post this here?  I'm not able to read it.

Prepare for new Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, Ben Shapiro.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

University of Texas President Jay Hartzell will not allow the dean of the College of Liberal Arts to pursue a second term in the leadership post, according to an email obtained by the American-Statesman.

In a Wednesday afternoon email, Dean Ann Stevens told college leaders that Hartzell told her "I did not have a grand enough vision for the college," which she disputed.

"While I disagree with that assessment, it is clear that he and I have different values and different goals for the college," she told Liberal Arts leaders.

The College of Liberal Arts has nearly 800 faculty members and serves about a fifth of UT's almost 54,000 students.

Stevens' term will expire August 2025. She told her colleagues that she does not know what the next steps are for the college and that she was honored to serve with them.

"With your help, we have made enormous progress in COLA: building academic excellence; improving research support and infrastructure; investing in student funding, research, and career support; and supporting a culture of respect and care for staff, faculty and students," Stevens said in the email. "You should have no doubt that COLA is in a very good place today."

The dean's news comes after multiple high-level leadership changes at UT in the past several weeks, including sudden resignations from UT's police chief and the university's provost. UT's vice president for research leadership resigned effective in August 2025, and a new vice president for marketing and communications started in September after a department restructuring in which 20 people were laid off.

Stevens could not be reached for comment immediately, and the College of Liberal Arts' media representative directed the Statesman to UT spokesperson Mike Rosen, who declined to comment on the president's involvement in the dean's nonrenewal.

Hartzell later emailed the college to say that Stevens will "conclude her tenure" and continue as a faculty member, and that the university will launch a national search for a new dean. In the email, he complimented Stevens' term and leadership and said she had a significant impact on the college. He did not mention Stevens' revelations that he wants a different vision for the college or that he told her she would not have a second term in the post.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, YChang said:

University of Texas President Jay Hartzell will not allow the dean of the College of Liberal Arts to pursue a second term in the leadership post, according to an email obtained by the American-Statesman.

In a Wednesday afternoon email, Dean Ann Stevens told college leaders that Hartzell told her "I did not have a grand enough vision for the college," which she disputed.

"While I disagree with that assessment, it is clear that he and I have different values and different goals for the college," she told Liberal Arts leaders.

The College of Liberal Arts has nearly 800 faculty members and serves about a fifth of UT's almost 54,000 students.

Stevens' term will expire August 2025. She told her colleagues that she does not know what the next steps are for the college and that she was honored to serve with them.

"With your help, we have made enormous progress in COLA: building academic excellence; improving research support and infrastructure; investing in student funding, research, and career support; and supporting a culture of respect and care for staff, faculty and students," Stevens said in the email. "You should have no doubt that COLA is in a very good place today."

The dean's news comes after multiple high-level leadership changes at UT in the past several weeks, including sudden resignations from UT's police chief and the university's provost. UT's vice president for research leadership resigned effective in August 2025, and a new vice president for marketing and communications started in September after a department restructuring in which 20 people were laid off.

Stevens could not be reached for comment immediately, and the College of Liberal Arts' media representative directed the Statesman to UT spokesperson Mike Rosen, who declined to comment on the president's involvement in the dean's nonrenewal.

Hartzell later emailed the college to say that Stevens will "conclude her tenure" and continue as a faculty member, and that the university will launch a national search for a new dean. In the email, he complimented Stevens' term and leadership and said she had a significant impact on the college. He did not mention Stevens' revelations that he wants a different vision for the college or that he told her she would not have a second term in the post.

Hartzel is trying to do a Mike Miles on The University of Texas.

And he's gonna fuckin' do it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 5

I heard Dean Stevens give a talk at an event earlier this year and came away really impressed, this is really dissapointing news. 

I don't know what kind of threats or pressure Hartzell is under from Abbott but it doesn't seem like he has much of a backbone either. 

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, YChang said:

I heard Dean Stevens give a talk at an event earlier this year and came away really impressed, this is really dissapointing news. 

I don't know what kind of threats or pressure Hartzell is under from Abbott but it doesn't seem like he has much of a backbone either. 

Hartzell is either a complete coward or a committed fascist.  For the record....neither one is a particularly admirable legacy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

Hartzell probably forced her out because she wouldn't agree to suck Gov wheelie's dick with glee. As that appears to be high on hartzell's favorite pastimes, he rightfully concluded they have different visions. F'n twat.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, YChang said:

likely she didn’t pas abbott’s loyalty test 

• Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

abbott is very vocal on his plan to change the woke / lgqbt loving / raging liberal factory / trump hating university of texas 

This and there are people in the office of the president that are very close to Abbott.  My guess is Hartzell is just a puppet/has no backbone.  Most likely why Fenves took a lateral move to Emory, he saw the writing on the wall.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2024 at 5:58 PM, 1978horn said:

This and there are people in the office of the president that are very close to Abbott.  My guess is Hartzell is just a puppet/has no backbone.  Most likely why Fenves took a lateral move to Emory, he saw the writing on the wall.

does he want to keep his job or not ?

Hartzell 100% made the right move during the anti Israel protest and 100% made the right move with the letter admonishing bottle throwers. Its odd more aren’t critical of idiotic behavior that embarrasses the school. I should say more here because the vast majority supports him fervently. Some of yall need to change your standard to the University of Texas standard. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Hartzell 100% made the right move during the anti Israel protest and 100% made the right move with the letter admonishing bottle throwers. Its odd more aren’t critical of idiotic behavior that embarrasses the school. I should say more here because the vast majority supports him fervently. Some of yall need to change your standard to the University of Texas standard. 

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF