Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I he’s not assuming that. He’s assuming that Onboard will go along with it. Kinda like saying Obama is from Kenya.
Onboard doesn’t believe that, but he’ll keep his mouth shut and go along, or even defend it.

That's all true, though I'd bet that Trump does actually assume that at least AOC and Tlaib are foreign-born. 

18 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Because Nancy Pelosi didn't tell them to go home to the countries they came from.  

17 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

That has nothing to do with race.

Well, I don't remember him telling his white wife or his white mother or his white grandfather to go back to the countries they came from...

38 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Just days ago, we agreed going after the targeting the frosh reps was not racist when Pelosi did it. Why is it racist when Trump does it?

LMAO - did you actually hear what Trump said?  WTF are you even talking about?  

14 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Omar can go get fucked.  She’s a complete dipshit.  She’d likely be stoned to death for espousing her views in her native country.  She’s also got a 9% approval rate among moderate democrats.

Beats hanging from a tree in this one.

Murica.

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Typical nonsense.  I’m convinced you’re all bots. Do you guys have any original thoughts or do you just continue to do the useful idiot dance?

I must have missed your "original thought"...can you say it again?

35 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Help me with logistics please. A representative campaign spent over $600,000 the quarter after she was sworn in?  Is that normal, and what kind of expenses?  If 1.2 million raised is higher than average, what’s normal for expenses almost as far out from the next election as possible?

@Bozo_Casanova?

media buys and such for closer to 11/20 while they have the surplus?

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes because hers are cloaked in the liberal limousine speak of the day.  She can't be racist she's a democrat... right ?

i mean.. maybe she is, i dunno, I've never met her. have you? so let's play, let's look at the history of their known public and private statements. which one do you honestly think is racist? trump or pelosi? 

11 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

That has nothing to do with race.

You're not a serious thinker or person if you think this. 

(But do post that similar Pelosi tweet or communique that put her in the same boat as Trump with his Obama not from US/Central Park 5/attacks on Gold Star/Mexicans are rapists/both sides now/persons of color should go back to where they came from).

Pretty straightforward "defense" of Pelosi and her strategy.  Also explains the difference between asking the far left wing of your party to stand down on behalf of unity, and how twitter and public sentiment make the whole business of unity a lot more difficult.

Trite, but "diversity is our strength, unity is our power" -- I can see how that is the message Pelosi is trying  to make happen within the next few months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/podcasts/the-daily/trump-squad-congress-racism.html

It's not a message that should be dismissed.  We in the Richardson, TX area voted out our lockstep Trump guy and put a mild mannered black man in his place.  I want the Squad to keep squading, but the Party needs to make sure they are the tail that ruffles the dog rather than wags the dog.

31 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Just so no confusion, post the language Pelosi used, hammer and Onboard. 

Do I think she's a raging racist ?  No, I do think she's of a generation, and a childhood when, and where racism was much more endemic in society. I'm also willing to bet if her grandchild came waltzing into the room with a black guy on her arm she'd stroke out (except for the photo ops). She's a typical, long in the tooth, democrat politician talking a good game about social equality, racial harmony, and unicorns, and will use those concepts to help further her career, and power base.  

She's pissed at the youngsters for going off the reservation as much because they're young, and her perceived "F" you to her power. That they're women of color only adds insult to injury. Don't they know how hard she's worked for "their people" her entire career ??!

It's a bit suspicious that AOC would make the comment "singling our four 4 women of color". That wasn't just some throw away comment from her, or would you disagree ?

Pretty simple ask, Onboard and Hammer - link to the racist tweet or communication.

No one is asking for an exegesis -- both of these olds have led long lives and I don't really care who is guilty of more subtle racism.  

You and Hammer seem to be doing some kind of both sides argument, and I'm just interested in the evidence that you have that Pelosi has done anything approaching the overt racist tweets and comments Trump has made.

17 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

She's pissed at the youngsters for going off the reservation as much because they're young, and her perceived "F" you to her power. That they're women of color only adds insult to injury. Don't they know how hard she's worked for "their people" her entire career ??!

She's pissed because she thinks they are going to hurt the chances of the Dems in the elections of 2020.  I don't really see any evidence of anything more than that -- but I figure you and Hammer will soon enlighten us on the racists underpinnings of her concern.

16 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Pretty simple ask, Onboard and Hammer - link to the racist tweet or communication.

No one is asking for an exegesis -- both of these olds have led long lives and I don't really care who is guilty of more subtle racism.  

You and Hammer seem to be doing some kind of both sides argument, and I'm just interested in the evidence that you have that Pelosi has done anything approaching the overt racist tweets and comments Trump has made.

Ya wanna actually answer the question about AOC's comment ?

39 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's a bit suspicious that AOC would make the comment "singling our four 4 women of color". That wasn't just some throw away comment from her, or would you disagree ?

What do you find "suspicious" about noting the fact that they are "four 4 (sic) women of color" when Trump is using clearly racist language? 

Do you think he would have said "go back where you came from" to a white male politician?

14 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Or more like

Convince me to vote Democrat

Trump is the devil!

Yes, we agree, I won't be voting for him. As of right now I will either be voting third party or not at all. Convince me to vote Democrat instead.

See! You love Trump! You voted for him didn't you?

You pick up the story too late. It starts more like this.

Democrats and the Democrat Party are libs with hidden agendas and pre-formed narratives designed to destroy everything great about America which is the greatest country in the history of greatness! Environmental wackos and feminazis are spoiling everything almost as badly as scientists. I'll vote for just about anything that makes them angry or upset.

Now, convince me to vote Democrat. [note that even in this more fair minded attitude, the speaker can't bring himself/herself to say Democratic] And be really nice about it because I won't tolerate name-calling or vitriol!

It's really hard to see through this fake attempt at neutrality. Decent GOPs have left the GOP. Those remaining with Trump are the RINOs. GOP purported values are defunct as part of that party.

I don't expect ex-GOPs to become Dems. They may side with Dems for awhile to help stem the rising tide of what their old party is becoming, but I expect they're looking for something new and better than either party.

There is no worse choice for America than re-electing Donald Trump. Just don't vote for him, and you're doing the country a service. If you claim the rudeness of the Dems forced you to vote for Trump, then you were lying about neutrality in the first place.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Omar can go get fucked.  She’s a complete dipshit.  She’d likely be stoned to death for espousing her views in her native country.  She’s also got a 9% approval rate among moderate democrats.

Someone needs their diapers changed.

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Do you think he would have said "go back where you came from" to a white male politician?

We already know the answer to that.

Of course trump would never say that. And it’s not because these women are part of the progressive movement, either.

Don Beyer could walk in to the next session of Congress with a Bernie pin on his lapel, start talking about healthcare, equal rights, cutting the military budget, etc and Trump wouldn’t even dare say that he needs to go back to his shithole country, Trieste.

Yeah he might say that Beyer’s a “loser” and that he “gets bad ratings” or whatever, but he’s not going to say that.

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

foxworthy_jeff.jpg

If you're unable to distinguish between the rhetoric of Pelosi and Trump regarding the four women, you just might be a racist.*

*or enabler

Or both.  If you're enabling a racist, you're a racist yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

foxworthy_jeff.jpg

If you're unable to distinguish between the rhetoric of Pelosi and Trump regarding the four women, you just might be a racist.*

*or enabler

Oh that's some first class BS right there Roma.  Was AOC wrong for saying Pelosi singled out for women of color ? 

I DO NOT SUPPORT him making the comment in the way he made it. I do have no issue with calling out someone who comes here as a penniless immigrant, is financially supported by the federal gov't, and then begins trashing that gov't. and or tries to change the way that gov't functions (supporting open borders, sanctuary cities, free [non critical, immediate] healthcare for illegal immigrants).  

Saying love it or leave it is BS.  Saying, hey if you can do better elsewhere go ahead, and don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out is not racist in and of itself.  I don't give a fuck what color your skin is.  I'll put a good bottle of Bourbon on the fact that's a pretty typical comment made by Texans of people who move to Texas, and then bash it. (ya don't like it ? fuck off).

Anyone here planning to emigrate to a foreign country, adopt it as your home, and then begin trying to change it ? 

Yep, that's just a racist though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh that's some first class BS right there Roma.  Was AOC wrong for saying Pelosi singled out for women of color ? 

I DO NOT SUPPORT him making the comment in the way he made it. I do have no issue with calling out someone who comes here as a penniless immigrant, is financially supported by the federal gov't, and then begins trashing that gov't. and or tries to change the way that gov't functions (supporting open borders, sanctuary cities, free [non critical, immediate] healthcare for illegal immigrants).  

Saying love it or leave it is BS.  Saying, hey if you can do better elsewhere go ahead, and don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out is not racist in and of itself.  I don't give a fuck what color your skin is.  I'll put a good bottle of Bourbon on the fact that's a pretty typical comment made by Texans of people who move to Texas, and then bash it. (ya don't like it ? fuck off).

Anyone here planning to emigrate to a foreign country, adopt it as your home, and then begin trying to change it ? 

Yep, that's just a racist though...

You support Donald Trump.

That makes you a racist.

Also, and I refuse to quote Onboard, but apparently he's perfectly fine with someone born with every advantage a person could have, born a millionaire, to rich, white parents in the United States, trashing their country.  As long as they were lucky enough to have been born to a mother who lives in the U.S., it's fine to trash the U.S.  But if someone who came here as a refugee with nothing and worked her way up to become a Congresswoman criticizes the country, it's apparently anti-American.  

Or if that's the view you're espousing, essentially that only white people can criticize the government, you might be a racist.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I do have no issue with calling out someone who comes here as a penniless immigrant, is financially supported by the federal gov't, and then begins trashing that gov't. and or tries to change the way that gov't functions (supporting open borders, sanctuary cities, free [non critical, immediate] healthcare for illegal immigrants).  

If only the founding fathers had this attitude!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

There's a tiny flaw in your "logic":  3 of the 4 women he bashed were born here.

Think.  Harder.

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I do have no issue with calling out someone who comes here as a penniless immigrant, is financially supported by the federal gov't, and then begins trashing that gov't. and or tries to change the way that gov't functions (supporting open borders, sanctuary cities, free [non critical, immediate] healthcare for illegal immigrants).  

Do you think there should be two or more classes of citizens?

Why make distinctions between the opinions of US citizens based on anything other than citizenship?

Calling Pelosi racist/sexist (re: women of color) based on narrow evidence with no attention to context or even that she is woman herself who came of age in times where women were treated similarly to racial minorities is some pretty lame sophistry. Is there any real evidence anywhere that Pelosi even entertains racist/sexist opinions?

Bringing up her possible racism in the context of a discussion about Trump is absurd. It's like comparing Jefferson Davis to Abraham Lincoln because the Emancipation Proclamation didn't free all of the slaves. See, Lincoln was pro-slavery after all! What's the difference between Abe and Jeff?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There's a tiny flaw in your "logic":  3 of the 4 women he bashed were born here.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Don Beyer could walk in to the next session of Congress with a Bernie pin on his lapel, start talking about healthcare, equal rights, cutting the military budget, etc and Trump wouldn’t even dare say that he needs to go back to his shithole country, Trieste. 

The worst part is the average Trumpkin now believes that some/all of The Squad was born in another country. Ted Cruz holla.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

You pick up the story too late. It starts more like this.

Democrats and the Democrat Party are libs with hidden agendas and pre-formed narratives designed to destroy everything great about America which is the greatest country in the history of greatness! Environmental wackos and feminazis are spoiling everything almost as badly as scientists. I'll vote for just about anything that makes them angry or upset.

Now, convince me to vote Democrat. [note that even in this more fair minded attitude, the speaker can't bring himself/herself to say Democratic] And be really nice about it because I won't tolerate name-calling or vitriol!

It's really hard to see through this fake attempt at neutrality. Decent GOPs have left the GOP. Those remaining with Trump are the RINOs. GOP purported values are defunct as part of that party.

I don't expect ex-GOPs to become Dems. They may side with Dems for awhile to help stem the rising tide of what their old party is becoming, but I expect they're looking for something new and better than either party.

There is no worse choice for America than re-electing Donald Trump. Just don't vote for him, and you're doing the country a service. If you claim the rudeness of the Dems forced you to vote for Trump, then you were lying about neutrality in the first place.

See, the person in that conversation is one of those "Decent GOPs have left the GOP" types. But folks like you are too blinded by hatefulness to even acknowledge that and instead accuse them of being the very thing that caused them to leave the GOP. Those people will not be aiding with the Democrats even temporarily as long as people like you exist. You accuse the Republicans of being divisive, and they are. But you fail to see or even acknowledge your role and put on a facade of tolerance all the while spewing hate.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Think.  Harder.

And the 1 who wasn't has been a citizen longer than his wife, and that's to say nothing about the shady legal nature of his wife's immigration compared to Omar's.

1 minute ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

See, the person in that conversation is one of those "Decent GOPs have left the GOP" types. But folks like you are too blinded by hatefulness to even acknowledge that and instead accuse them of being the very thing that caused them to leave the GOP. Those people will not be aiding with the Democrats even temporarily as long as people like you exist. You accuse the Republicans of being divisive, and they are. But you fail to see or even acknowledge your role and put on a facade of tolerance all the while spewing hate.

Irony deafness is not funny. Get help.

How mean and hateful of me to quote mainstream GOP/right wing thinking for the last 35 years. I am the hateful one! Hate me!

The GOPs who have actually left have generally renounced the hate engine as well. It wasn't likely their primary reason for being GOP in the first place. They're embarrassed to have been deceived into thinking they were voting for fiscal responsibility and more liberty. 

You're talking about people, evidently like yourself, that stamp in outrage because i remember the past and accurately summarize it. There's nothing new in my post about what the right has said and still insists about the ebil libs. You're probably listening to it on the radio as I type.

For decades you would have characterized me, because I tend to vote Dem although I'm surely no bleeding heart, as a wild leftist who hates America and actually wants to destroy what defines America. You would have projected everything your opinion leaders do onto me. I have the wicked agendas. I lie about what I really mean. I am defined by the acts of criminals who act for causes I support.

Now you say you want to be my friend. All I have to do is be reallly reallllly nice about it. Abandon my hateful ways.

Sorry, bud. You're going to have to get used to people who don't adhere to lies like flies do to sticky shit. 

Please whine again about how your feathers are ruffled in the face of truth, you fucking wimp.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

This is called apologia.

You are complicit.

8 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

And the 1 who wasn't has been a citizen longer than his wife, and that's to say nothing about the shady legal nature of his wife's immigration compared to Omar's.

Yeah but at least Melania's tits were made in America.  OK check that, they were "installed" in America.  Can't verify the other part.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Or Melania's racist birther attack on the last president.   But it's ok for an unelected white immigrant to trash the president.