Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

I hate to break it to you, but despite the name, Zendik Farm was not German.

The old woman from that “farm” showed up at our front door one dark and stormy evening about 20 or 25 years ago with a young dude to beg for a contribution.

• Like 1

How do you know that's graffiti and not just the barista trying to write their name bigger on their order?  Huh, smart guy?  

"Order for a Mr. Infatada.  Venti Americana."    

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

How do you know that's graffiti and not just the barista trying to write their name bigger on their order?  Huh, smart guy?  

"Order for a Mr. Infatada.  Venti Americana."    

I like how you work both sides.

My position is simple.  I'm partially Jewish and respect the preservation of the State of Israel (I actually have right of return status there).  If IDF are committing any war crimes or have intentionally targeted civilians, drag those leaders before the Hague and throw the book at them.  Anybody from college kid to politician wants to advocate for Palestinians, or even Hamas.  Do it according to the rules of the venue.  You are not be harassed or silenced in anyway, much as I disagree.  You start busting up retail businesses or shoving people around at campus riots, that's a fucking problem.  Likewise, the police or other people start shoving you around, that's a fucking problem.  

The situation between Palestinians and Israelis is extraordinarily complex.  It's millennia old and no one U.S. President or U.N. resolution is gonna fix it.  Add the evil nuance of Hamas and Iran, and it gets even more layered.  What shouldn't be tough however, and as Americans-we can't help but make everything about us.  Is what we're seeing here.  Help Israel defend itself from a gruesome attack (which, let's be honest-our Congress stalled on pretty fucking badly), call them out on crimes agains humanity, let protestors be free to display their freedom to protest, hold them accountable if they get outta line with rules and laws, and remember none of our bullshit on any side of this really matters.  This thing goes back thousands of years.  In the end, nobody in Gaza is giving fuck one what we all think/say on any side of this discussion.  

To end my Lobo rant.  I look forward to being deeply annoyed by anybody of any aspect of this situation coming up to me at a summer cookout and saying, "You know, as a student of Gaza....."  Oh, shut the fuck up, Doug!  You don't even know where the fuck it is.  All the situation is proving out is that we claim we're experts on free speech, the Middle East, military tactics, political nuance, international relations, and human rights.  Truth is, we're the Dunning-Krueger of countries now.  We actually used to give a shit about being educated.  Now we like to talk about how educated we are despite utter and complete naive dipshits who fall for anything.  Look at my dumbass.  I got three degrees, have been published, teach at one of the best business schools in the country, run a business, do some lobbying.  I can barely do multiplication or read my mail.  I got lost in the mall parking lot yesterday for like 15 minutes and I know more about Gaza than 99% of Americans.  That's where we're at as a country.  Can't wait to see all the "As a student of Russian-Ukranian history" folks have cooked up...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It’s not thousands of years old?  This all started last October?  Got it.  I’ll let the UN know.  

How in the blue fuck has Israel been in conflict with anyone for thousands of years when it has existed for 76 years? This is a geopolitical conflict that goes back decades, it is not a religious conflict that goes back millennia. You are fucking insane.

e: Seriously, the most hardliner Israelis don't even make this claim. Literally the only people that even try to claim this are American Zionists.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 2

So the Kingdom of Israel wasn't "founded" around 1000BCE?  I mean, yeah to your point...it wasn't a "country" as know them as now (that concept didn't really come along until a few hundred years ago).  But the "area" of Israel, be it in Kingdom, City-State, or Nation-State form has existed for about 3000 years.  I mean, we could discuss calling it Samaria, but geographically...there's really no question.  

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

How in the blue fuck has Israel been in conflict with anyone for thousands of years when it has existed for 76 years? This is a geopolitical conflict that goes back decades, it is not a religious conflict that goes back millennia. You are fucking insane.

e: Seriously, the most hardliner Israelis don't even make this claim. Literally the only people that even try to claim this are American Zionists.

I think he's more talking about the tribal and territorial conflicts that have been around since antiquity, and that had arbitrary borders drawn up after WWI that set the stage for much of the instability we enjoy today. Not the crazy overreach that you're inferring in your post 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I think he's more talking about the tribal and territorial conflicts that have been around since antiquity, and that had arbitrary borders drawn up after WWI that set the stage for much of the instability we enjoy today. Not the crazy overreach that you're inferring in your post 

I'm aware of what he's referring to. It's pretty absurd to claim that those historical nuances are driving the current conflict. It's incredibly lazy.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

I dont know maybe she has a good point to make.  Link to her instagram/onlyfans?

If you want to hear her squeal while being taken from behind, the first few seconds of this are pretty good.

22 hours ago, Captainant said:

Can we blame the Brits for the political geography?

• Like 2

You don’t even have to go back to 1000BCE.  Just in modernity, fall of Ottoman Empire, Sazanov Agreement, Sykes-Pico act, and then establishment of the modern nation-state of Israel.  I doubt most of those protestors know what most of those historically impactful events even are. 

But to your point, I’ve noticed the British get awfully quiet when subjects like this come up.  You could fill up one of their stolen museums with the awkward silence.  

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You don’t even have to go back to 1000BCE.  Just in modernity, fall of Ottoman Empire, Sazanov Agreement, Sykes-Pico act, and then establishment of the modern nation-state of Israel.  I doubt most of those protestors know what most of those historically impactful events even are. 

But to your point, I’ve noticed the British get awfully quiet when subjects like this come up.  You could fill up one of their stolen museums with the awkward silence.  

Well the French get some credit as well.

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah I mean that was kind of my point. I don't really get why people try say this conflict is so complex and ancient (I mean, I do, it's a way to not have to think about it too critically, but that's another discussion). It's about as straightforward a geopolitical conflict as there is. Israel wants the land. Hamas gave Israel an excuse to take it in a more direct and expedient way than they've been taking land in the West Bank.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I mean that was kind of my point. I don't really get why people try say this conflict is so complex and ancient (I mean, I do, it's a way to not have to think about it too critically, but that's another discussion). It's about as straightforward a geopolitical conflict as there is. Israel wants the land. Hamas gave Israel an excuse to take it in a more direct and expedient way than they've been taking land in the West Bank.

Fair point.  But I have the historical knowledge and lookout post of this issue to supplant on top of more events of modernity.  As I suspect you do as well.  But the folks over there in the mix likely don’t give a shit what we think, nor should they.  

im just a context/pattern recognition guy by trade so I tend to look through learned filters, despite being a dumbass. But I’m an educated sumbasss.  And this latest round, yeah, this one is way fucking more dangerous than most of the previous ones.  And more innocent people will sadly suffer   

If I could back in time at the divide of the original kingdoms and just hand them a Rand McNally atlas.  Not for the sake of the borders, but for all to see there’s plenty of room for all to either co-exist or sequester themselves into corners.  That, and being humane to one another   

But so far we haven’t learned much   

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Homeboy over here having weird rape fantasies about protestors lmao

Homeboy trying to compare the morality of joking about a womans attractiveness while hes defending actual rapists and murderers lmao. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Borders change. Since WW2 the world has not liked that. But it is a fact of history.

1- Yes there is "space" but a lot of it is not that great. Water is a major issue.

2- Israel did give back Gaza to the PA. Hamas took over (and not in a nice way) so here we go.

3- Israel is fucking up in a big way. They do not care.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Can we blame the Brits for the political geography?

The collective West's guilt over the Holocaust isn't helping either.

Why do we defend Israel no matter what they do?  They would not exist but for the support of Western nations.

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Basil said:

Hezbollah fired a buttload of rockets at Israel and set it ablaze. Wonder if the loons are going to throw a temper tantrum when Israel responds.

They're welcome to fight whatever wars they wish to, it'd just be nice if they stopped doing it with my money.

• Like 1

Retarded “progressives” are sperging out against Radiohead’s lead guitarist performing with Israeli musicians that he has to put out a statement

And its not like the guy is Bibi’s nephew or an IDF commander or anything. His familys ancestry traces across the arab region. 

On a veteran memorial plaque at Stanford. 

Which of our esteemed surly progressives will be first to question whether this was a false-flag graffiti, done to besmirch the good nature of the well-meaning protestors

IMG_6697.thumb.jpeg.43ee0fe2dbb6adef3809d70a99f86dc5.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

57 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

On a veteran memorial plaque at Stanford. 

Which of our esteemed surly progressives will be first to question whether this was a false-flag graffiti, done to besmirch the good nature of the well-meaning protestors

IMG_6697.thumb.jpeg.43ee0fe2dbb6adef3809d70a99f86dc5.jpeg

Do you ever get tired of fighting the strawmen in your head?

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

It is, fucknuts. You’ve spent a disproportionate amount of your time this week following me around. 

What can I say? You’ve been particularly entertaining this week.