Blastfurnace 2024

23 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Official high of 95 at IAH yesterday, so the streak made it to 10. Gonna be a nail biter to see if reaches 11 today. 

94 yesterday, so the streak ends at 10. Looks like we've got about 36 more hours until this front makes its way down to Houston tomorrow evening. Tonight should be the last night where the low doesn't get out of the high 70's for a while.

Whole bunch of warm, sunny days with cooler mornings and evenings on the extended forecast for 9/26-10/6. Average High of 92, Average Low of 71. "Second Summer" is on its way out for now. I propose we call the next 2 weeks to follow "Pseudo Fall" maybe?

Edited by Storm the Field

58 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Front finally made its way down to Houston in the wee hours of the morning. Heat index was still in the high 80's at 10 pm last night. Much nicer this morning. Humidity should really start dropping as the day goes on. Tomorrow should be even better.

Do you have your patagonia vest ready?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Enjoying a brief furlough from the blastfurnace with a beautiful 70 degrees in Eugene. I’ll be back on Saturday in time to sweat my ass off at a concert at Moody Amphitheater.

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

It was 59 this morning.  High of 87.  I'll take that everyday. 

• Hook 'Em 1