Blastfurnace 2024

21 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m fine with the mornings and evenings now, but highs at 90+ can fuck off any day now. 

I’ve got a tank top on and the kids are swimming in the kiddie pool. 

this is October. 

And this is our only glimmer of hope, from KSAT's weather folks:

"This is because cooler air will push southward from Canada early next week, but most of it will spread across the Eastern U.S. It remains uncertain if it will clip Texas, but if it does -- in addition to mornings in the 50s -- afternoons are likely to dip into the upper 80s.We’ll keep you updated!"

On 10/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Storm the Field said:

Blastfurnace '24 not so much shutting down as getting dragged out kicking and spitting.

Always fun to see the words "Record Breaking Heat" on the forecast for tomorrow and Monday. 

Copy and paste. Blastfurnace saw us enjoying the pleasant mornings this past week and worked itself up into a blind rage.

Will set new record highs today, tomorrow, and Tuesday by several degrees before this thing finally runs out of gas for a few days. Highs on Wednesday and Thursday will be 15-20 degrees cooler than Tuesday.

It's never going to rain again though.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Showing a high of 77 in Austin on Wednesday.  Almost there.

You believe that horseshit?  This time last week, it showed the cooler temps would arrive on Monday.  Then by Thursday or so it had moved to Tuesday.  Now it's Wednesday.

This is just like the never ending 100+ forecasts in August / September that always show a miracle 12 degree drop in temperatures 10 days away.

Cavalry should arrive sometime late tomorrow evening. Hourly forecast has the temp dropping ~35 degrees from 6 pm Tuesday (95) to 8 am Wednesday (60). Record smashing heat until then.

As usual, this front will only stick around for about 48-60 hours before petering out. Quickly back to a stretch of ~85/70 days. Not awful, but still 7-8 degrees above the average high and low for mid-October. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2024 at 5:01 AM, Okie State said:

I would like it to not be nearly 100 in October.

Well, you got what you wanted. Happy now?

On 10/13/2024 at 1:21 PM, 4th&Five said:

Seems good

On 10/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, texhorn said:

My weather station is saying we hit 103

This is some absolute fucking bullshit

Yeah, it is hot. And hotter than it should be and for a longer time. Sucks for the garden for sure. Rain is what I miss. Washed my car and did a rain dance. I know it is our god given right to bitch.

But tomorrow there will be fleece lined yoga pant wearing women getting their pumpkin spiced lattes. Everyone will love it, I guess. But underneath those yoga pants is a mass of cellulite held in place, created by years of eating bon bons and bitching about the summer.

TL:DR- I prefer bikinis to yoga pants. I want to know what I am getting

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

IAH weather station recorded a 99 yesterday, which obliterated the previous record of 92. Today will be a repeat. Existing record high for 10/15 likely getting lapped by 5+ degrees.

Gonna stay abnormally warm all the way to midnight, but north wind should really start picking up around 2 or 3 in the morning and cooling things off. Will be a blustery day tomorrow as the front makes its way south. Thursday looks like the real gem of the week, with morning temps in the low 50's and a much calmer breeze.

Will I be able to wear my seasonal scarves, knee high boots with leggings, and ruffled not-quite-burnt-orange-but-omg-its-too-cute flannel top?  AND GET ME A VENTI PSLLLLLLLLL PLEASEEEEEEE  
200.gif

The First day of knee high boots is always prime time milf watching. I’m ready! 6a7ed2bb8a9a19d038332cdeb4b61fb7.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, allsups in tulia said:

This summer wasn't bad at all. I'll take a few hot days in October over the bullshit we had to put up with the last two summers. 

Except literally no rain in Austin since the Leon Fuller coached at UT

3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

How are y'all preparing for tomorrow morning's cold front? I think I'll go ahead and fill up the bathtub with water and wrap my outdoor faucets. 

FIFY. Currently 97 degrees and won't get below 80 until just before midnight. Gonna be a bone-chilling 62 when waking up tomorrow morning. Temps in the 50's don't make an appearance until Thursday morning.

In all seriousness though, I'm thinking about dragging out my knock-off solo stove on Thursday evening and drinking a few beers out by the fire. Might be another month until it cools down enough to use it again.

Edited by Storm the Field

4 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Will I be able to wear my seasonal scarves, knee high boots with leggings, and ruffled not-quite-burnt-orange-but-omg-its-too-cute flannel top?  AND GET ME A VENTI PSLLLLLLLLL PLEASEEEEEEE  

Autumn Leaves Fall GIF by Rosanna Pansino

120030490_1418557081687913_3994285844503

Male version:

MV.jpg.9c141c13d0dfb9804af4d31bcd57177c.jpg

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Haha 5