Things not going well for The Ohio State University

Parliament

Lemme follow Wally's example and start the thread.

WR coach turns out to have been beating up women since 2009. Urby had to know.

Wrestling team doc molested 100 players and counting for 18 years.

Women's swimming coach was a pervert too.

Links to follow.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/07/20/ohio-state-over-100-allege-sexual-abuse-doctor-richard-strauss/807699002/

f4a167e65f7d34c3c6b44efa3b41adb4.jpgc28682a81f3b0969be6ea01dcf874288.jpg

I still cant get over how a dr molested a group of wrestlers, I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but college wrestlers? I would have thought one of the kids would have gone brainbuster or flying squirrel on the dr.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, Dewey said:

I still cant get over how a dr molested a group of wrestlers, I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but college wrestlers? I would have thought one of the kids would have gone brainbuster or flying squirrel on the dr.

This is an interesting question and probably one that "can't be asked" because it ventures into victim shaming.  And I don't mean to do that at all.  It's more of a question of group mentality and how fear of speaking out works.   In reading the reporting, it seems that is was common knowledge and even the subject of recurring jokes that the doc for the wrestling team was a perv.  If you went in for a shoulder pain, he would ask you to drop trou and fondle you.  Everyone knew this. On the surface, it was all ok.  How does that happen?