Megalopolis, Francis Ford Coppola (Claims it’s his best work), Adam Driver

16 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I told this to a guy I work with today. We sell Coppola’s wine where I work and I just kinda shrugged and said much of what you said. This movie connected better with him though. He thought it was all over the map, but that seems to be the point. The best way I described what I saw was what if you made a movie from the perspective of Grandpa Simpson. This is what would be the end result. That’s more/less how it felt to me, which made it hard to follow.

Give me five bees for a quarter so I can get a belt onion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

I saw this movie recently and had a multi paragraph rant developed in my head that I'll shorten to a few sentences. Hollywood is fucking dead. They're out of ideas, their stars are aging, their beauties are fading, and their films are dog shit. If this movie is nominated for a single Academy Award I think I might pop an artery. This was one of the most embarrassing films I've ever seen and I'm a dumbass for paying money to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Hollywood is fucking dead. 

Hollywood is just fine. Plenty of young stars that draw an audience. Plenty of interesting and new ideas. You seem stuck in a mythical world of "Hollywood" that never existed. The film industry is churning out the same breadth and depth of product since it came into existence. Classics and crap every year. The world is only as small and narrow as you see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2024 at 4:27 PM, HRSchenker said:

Hollywood is fucking dead.

Hollywood has been churning out the same shit since it started. I remember watching Leprechaun 2 at the movies thinking it was just another B movie I could have seen on Cinemax. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hollywood is just fine. Plenty of young stars that draw an audience. Plenty of interesting and new ideas. You seem stuck in a mythical world of "Hollywood" that never existed. The film industry is churning out the same breadth and depth of product since it came into existence. Classics and crap every year. The world is only as small and narrow as you see it.

There are less cinematic releases and less paths for profitability. And less butts in seats. Anecdotally and statistically you are wrong.
  • Hook 'Em 1