2024 Texas Football Schedule

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

2:30 is better unless you’re driving back to Austin after the game. 

2:30 kickoff for blOU also gives yah the option to drive up the morning of the game. 

Watch high school football Friday night, then drive up to CottonBowl Saturday morning.  🤘

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 2:30 PM, dcar00 said:

It is actually better at 2:30.  with the 11AM kick everyone gets there all at once between 10 and 10:30AM and it is a clusterfuck.

I know, totally. Pisses me off when the lines suddenly become long when I go to get my 8th wax cup beer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I was told that the SEC is all about night games.  How is Arkansas and Florida both 11am?  I think they adopted a flex rule so hopefully these games will get moved back.

Florida is probably going to be hammered dogshit in the middle of a brutal schedule run. 11am as an "at least they're both big fanbases" counterpoint to Big Noon Saturday makes sense.

Just now, texifornia said:

Florida is probably going to be hammered dogshit in the middle of a brutal schedule run. 11am as an "at least they're both big fanbases" counterpoint to Big Noon Saturday makes sense.

You are right.  I think part of it for me is just we are usually looking at a Kansas State or Iowa State those weekends.  Having a big name school in Austin that late in the year is not something that we usually see.  I would have hoped for at least a 2:30pm kick.

6 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I was told that the SEC is all about night games.  How is Arkansas and Florida both 11am?  I think they adopted a flex rule so hopefully these games will get moved back.

Well, they are all about night games. There's only so many spots to go around. They have 3 options for night games. ABC/ESPN/SEC Network. 

These are the games slated as night or flex for the same day as we're playing what will be a terrible Florida team at 11am

Mississippi State at Tennessee Night

Alabama at LSU Flex

Oklahoma at Missouri Flex

Georgia at Ole Miss Flex

It's pretty easy to see why Alabama/LSU or Georgia @ Ole Miss will get one of the night spots. OU and Mizzou could also be decent teams this year. 

The Arkansas one is more of a headscratcher but not playing at night is great for us up there. It's also FCS weekend for some so they don't want to waste the ABC spot on those.

Missouri at South Carolina Afternoon

New Mexico State at Texas A&M 7:45 p.m. SEC Network

LSU at Florida Flex

Tennessee at Georgia Flex

32 minutes ago, D3zii said:

The Texas vs Ark game at 11 is crazy work!! 

how tf is that not a night game or at least afternoon 

There are only 4 conference games that week.

But all of them could be big games.

Noon - Texas at Arkansas - ABC or ESPN
3:30-4:30 - Missouri at South Carolina - TBD
3:30-8pm - LSU at Florida - TBD
3:30-8pm - Tennessee at Georgia - TBD

40 minutes ago, D3zii said:

It not being a night game is good for Texas.

It also screams they don’t think Arkansas will be good this year.

• Hook 'Em 5

yeah 11:00am @ arky is a gift.  would like the florida game to be later on in the day but when you look at the rest of the conference games that day you can see why it's 11:00am.  I wish we could just swap florida and miss st's places on the schedule.  overall though, not a lot to complain about.

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Alumni Band game kickoff at 7pm ... awesome.  Last year's temps were beyond what I could take.

This is the 125th year of Longhorn Band.  The 100th seems like it was 20-something years ago...

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah 11:00am @ arky is a gift.  would like the florida game to be later on in the day but when you look at the rest of the conference games that day you can see why it's 11:00am.  I wish we could just swap florida and miss st's places on the schedule.  overall though, not a lot to complain about.

Yep….that’d be like playing at LSU at 11:00….don’t give those assholes time to get liquored-up!

28 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So it’s possible we could only have 2 night games all year and both against cupcakes? Why do the schedule makers hate fun so much? 

6pm, 7pm on the schedule. Aggy will be a night game. UGA probably will be too. 3 min, 4 likely. 

On 5/31/2024 at 10:48 PM, LTtxfan said:

2:30 kickoff for blOU also gives yah the option to drive up the morning of the game. 

Watch high school football Friday night, then drive up to CottonBowl Saturday morning.  🤘

I drive up and back every year…(with corn dog in hand by 7:30). 2:30 blows for that.

11am kick you’re back on your couch for the primetime games. 

this sucks, but have been expecting this for a few months now. Oh well.

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

It not being a night game is good for Texas.

It also screams they don’t think Arkansas will be good this year.

agreed with both.

but I’ve seen us sleepwalk through waaaay too many November 11am kicks. Wish we had the afternoon slot.

On 6/11/2024 at 9:17 PM, Hookem10 said:

You mfers with your day and night game bullshit...nauseating. can't wait to watch Texas football don't give a fuck if 1 in the morning or 9 am. Rant over 

well both of those times are preferrable to 11AM or 2:30PM in Sept so....

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2024 at 4:17 PM, Hookem10 said:

You mfers with your day and night game bullshit...nauseating. can't wait to watch Texas football don't give a fuck if 1 in the morning or 9 am. Rant over 

I mean, multiple 11AM games starting at 6AM my time is not ideal for my drinking schedule. But yes I’ll take anything over the offseason 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:07 AM, D3zii said:

11am road game at Arkansas is great. Piglets do not have all day to tailgate and the environment will not be as rowdy (at least at first); and for most of us watching on TV, game is first thing. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

will the television networks broadcast pitbull's much-heralded performance to open the season?

Why does there have to be some big grand connection? Pitbull is just a really famous performer they got to play a SEC kickoff party for Texas, it's that simple

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 3:29 PM, LTtxfan said:

Agree 11am @Arky is a good thing 🤘

Don't want a night game again in Fayettenam

giphy.gif

Yeah, no sane person wants to be caught in Deliverance Country after dark.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Agreed. Happened to me 20 years ago with that 7:45PM kickoff. I'm lucky to be alive.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why does there have to be some big grand connection? Pitbull is just a really famous performer they got to play a SEC kickoff party for Texas, it's that simple

Mr. Worldwide... What starts here, changes the world.  

On 6/14/2024 at 7:58 AM, Armybrat said:

Ned Beatty didn't get caught in Deliverence Country after dark