Scottie Scheffler Detained by Police

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Why does it matter if he was a police officer or not?"

Oh I don't know, I'd say that matters quite a bit. 

Yeah.  He was already doing what a police officer had told him to do, so why would he stop for someone that wasn't a police officer?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"Why does it matter if he was a police officer or not?"

Oh I don't know, I'd say that matters quite a bit. 

Freaking cop.  A security officer does NOT have the authority to detain.  The yellow vests did NOT say police.  The officer did NOT identify himself.

A high profile, #1 golfer in the world, celebrity absolutely has to be skeptical of rent-a-cops.  Blindly obeying anyone in a uniform is a sure way to get in big trouble as a celeb.  

Freaking bozo cop should be fired, and the guy doing the interview should be disciplined.  But neither will happen.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Preach brother!  Police investigations often don’t even try to discover the actual truth but instead attempt to confirm their perceived, knee jerk version of what happened. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

someone needs to tell the fucking useless cunt asking the questions if she fucking understands basic interrogation police tactics. 

Interrogation tactics are relevant when you are trying to figure out what really happened, with someone who may be uncooperative. There was no attempt here to figure out what really happened.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Asking any surly legal eagles out there: I know it's a crime for a civilian to file a false police report. What about a police officer?

Pay raise.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Asking any surly legal eagles out there: I know it's a crime for a civilian to file a false police report. What about a police officer?

i'm not a lawyer but considering how often it happens (my own conservative estimate is 99.999% of the time) i can't imagine that its a crime.

36 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

LOL. this statement actually isn’t terrible 

If he didn't want back and forth he needed to apologize for being detective dipshit, turn in his badge and shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Yeah, other than doubling down and continuing to lie like the sack of shit he is, amid passive aggressively accusing someone else of lying, his statement is perfect. Some are saying the best. 

if there was any proof he was drug by the car they would have gone forward.  there wasn't because the dude is a flat out liar.

And the only person that can claim no ill will is Scottie not this dipshit.  you crossed the "Ill Will" rubicon when you arrested someone for no fucking reason at all.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This guy is the big winner out of all of this.

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Preach brother!  Police investigations often don’t even try to discover the actual truth but instead attempt to confirm their perceived, knee jerk version of what happened. 

Both of which reminded me of this…

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Bullshit. 5-11 has so many sales and discounts on pants and shirts and tactical clothes. I haven't paid that much for a pair of pants ever. BTW they make for great hiking and hunting clothes.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Complete bull. The video is there. He initiated contact with the car. He never went to the ground. He was never dragged. He’s a liar.  
If I were a defense lawyer in LVille, I’d bring in his report, the video, and this statement every time he testifies. He’s a liar and has no credibility. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

Cops are the only people who go to the hospital/emergency room when they get a minor abrasion or bruise. Fucking pussies.

The cop needs to show us pics of his "injuries".

Well how else was he going to document his boo-boo for his long-term disability claim?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Well how else was he going to document his boo-boo for his long-term disability claim?

Well, yeah, with all the national media attention and those horrible, hateful comments that people are making about him on the Internet, he's got PTSD now. He's a victim!

• Haha 2

So Scheffler and team agree with the DA to put this whole thing behind them, in exchange for Scheffler not going after the LPD in a civil suit. And then the cop publicly defames Schiffler and, again, accuses him of criminal activity of which there is no evidence. I'd be tempted to trash the "agreement" and go ahead and sue. Call the DAs bluff and suggest they're free to proceed with the charges if they'd like.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This hearing earlier really looks terrible for DA

All Charges Dropped With Prejudice

Scottie's atty after charges dropped...

I'm not sure who's the bigger bunch of morons, the DA's office or the reporters. You have to be a total imbecile to think Scottie had any criminal motivations. And apparently a lot of people have never driven in the rain at night.

It reminds me of when I was a juror in an assault trial. There were about 18 witnesses that said the other person started the fight and none that said the defendant started it. We decided on not guilty in about 3 min and then sat around for another 15 min discussing WTF the DA brought the charges so it didn't look like we arrived at our verdict to quick.

Damn, there's some idiots in our justice system and you have to wonder where the hell they ever got a law degree.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This hearing earlier really looks terrible for DA

All Charges Dropped With Prejudice

Scottie's atty after charges dropped...

Scottie's lawyer was definitely the right guy.  Good combination of aggressiveness and deference to the client.  Clearly Scottie doesn't want to be distracted by this.  Clearly Romines is fed up with LPD.  This particular detective is a lying sack of feces, and obviously Romines has seen this many times out of LPD.

As ridiculous as this is, and as mad as it may make some of us, it's the best result for Scottie.  Standing on principle to attempt to send a message in hopes that LPD will change is obviously a quixotic quest.  It won't make any difference at all, even if he were to litigate all the way to a public trial and significant civil verdict. LPD won't care, won't change a thing.  Not their money.  And the police union will make sure crapstain Gillis keeps right on doing what he's doing.  

Scottie doesn't want to be a symbol, he wants to play golf.  Without a doubt, he's the best golfer in the world right now.  Can he be historically good?  Maybe.  Unfortunately we were robbed of him playing for a championship in the PGA because of the moronic detective.  But being distracted by court filings, depositions, and unending press coverage is not going to help his golf game.

But man, this POS Gillis pisses me off.  

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/30/2024 at 10:45 AM, Foosters said:

So Scheffler and team agree with the DA to put this whole thing behind them, in exchange for Scheffler not going after the LPD in a civil suit. And then the cop publicly defames Schiffler and, again, accuses him of criminal activity of which there is no evidence. I'd be tempted to trash the "agreement" and go ahead and sue. Call the DAs bluff and suggest they're free to proceed with the charges if they'd like.

That's what he should have done to begin with

1 hour ago, nnm said:

I don’t believe any of it. Nothing in the video could have ripped those pants or caused his boo-boos. He’s a freaking liar. 

could be mistaken, I never saw him on the ground in the video

On 5/29/2024 at 3:38 PM, TrashMaster G said:

It's not the same crime, but it is usually a crime.  In Texas, when investigation materials are falsified, it's usually "official oppression."

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nnm said:

I don’t believe any of it. Nothing in the video could have ripped those pants or caused his boo-boos. He’s a freaking liar. 

I’m betting when he was running to the car he tripped himself and caused that. Likely just before he comes into focus on the footage thus causing him to smash his flashlight into shefflers window and his immediate anger. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m betting when he was running to the car he tripped himself and caused that. Likely just before he comes into focus on the footage thus causing him to smash his flashlight into shefflers window and his immediate anger. 

He sure as hell was not “dragged for 25 yards” by Scottie. Freaking liar.