2024 Big 12 Tournament

chase25

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

Having a single-elimination baseball tournament is borderline communism.

-Mark Twain

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why? There are countless Texas fans who say they don't matter so might as well just get it over in 1 game, right? Right?

How can you not grasp the difference between them not mattering and forfeiting?

6 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Man Saarloos is great, would love to have that guy coaching my team any day.

TCU's struggles this year have been perplexing. They had a lot of guys returning off the Omaha team who just fell off a cliff offensively and on the mound. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

TCU's struggles this year have been perplexing. They had a lot of guys returning off the Omaha team who just fell off a cliff offensively and on the mound. 

Can you imagine?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Can you imagine?  

He did the anti-Pierce lol. Was his own pitching coach and decided to go out and hire a guy to take over so he could be more of a 'CEO' and the results have been not good so far.

Edited by Hookem2147

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, chase25 said:

How can you not grasp the difference between them not mattering and forfeiting?

Someone from Marlin ran him over back in the day.  Early stages of CTE.

The flag corps didn’t get off the field quick enough.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Haha 1

Fuck OU and all that good shit. Yeah, I know. But Skip just let our starter throw a 120 pitch complete game shutout. That’s almost unheard of the way the game is being played, coached and managed today. Feels damn good to have given our bullpen the day off. Let’s see how you guys fare tonight. Love reading half of you guys wanting to go 2 and cue to save the arms and the other half wanting to come out of the loser’s bracket. Surly at its finest. 

3 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

Fuck OU and all that good shit. Yeah, I know. But Skip just let our starter throw a 120 pitch complete game shutout. That’s almost unheard of the way the game is being played, coached and managed today. Feels damn good to have given our bullpen the day off. Let’s see how you guys fare tonight. Love reading half of you guys wanting to go 2 and cue to save the arms and the other half wanting to come out of the loser’s bracket. Surly at its finest. 

He is likely going to have 8 days off depending on who y'all get as a 4 seed. Plus OU is trying to play for a top 8 national seed right now.

The announcers kept mentioning that we’re playing for a Top 8 national seed if we win the tournament. While that would be awesome, I don’t see it happening. I think even if we win it we finish just outside the Top 8 seeds. Have to win the tournament before we worry about that. 

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

Just please let me see Borba in the lineup today instead of Porter, that is all I ask Pierce

Newly released lineup has Brown playing.  I had the same hopes you did.  It is painful to watch Porter this year after he had such a good year last year.

6 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

The announcers kept mentioning that we’re playing for a Top 8 national seed if we win the tournament. While that would be awesome, I don’t see it happening. I think even if we win it we finish just outside the Top 8 seeds. Have to win the tournament before we worry about that. 

Fuck the announcers and fuck ou. And fuck you for good measure 

Just now, Hammerin Hank said:

I’m watching without sound. Wtf are the umpires trying to call here?

They said catcher interference and the swing missed the mitt by damn near a foot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SameSame said:

This tournament would be much better off in Frisco.  

Or Tulsa or OKC.... really anywhere that has a nice minor league ballpark.

I hate that it's in this sterile boring ass domed stadium.  The atmosphere is complete trash.