2024 US Open - Pinehurst No. 2 (June 13-16)

All you fuckers complaining about peacock must not have wives that watch bravo

Luckily she and my daughter don’t. I’m not that into EPL either to need it

Fuck NBC pushing it - they were already the worst for showing sports even without their cock. Surprised they don’t switch over at hole #16 on Sunday at this rate.
  • Haha 1

They’re gonna get this course super fiery tomorrow. Lead may still be at -5 going into Sunday. 

Possibly but I have my doubts. They are so dialed in with technology these days. It isn’t the us open of 20+ years ago, somebody should be sitting at 7 tomorrow evening.

can I say how much I hate the stupid straddle the line thing?  on a 5-6 footer Bradley just did it like 3 different times(2 differentlocations along the line) .  I'd prefer they make it illegal to straddle in front of your ball.

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

can I say how much I hate the stupid straddle the line thing?  on a 5-6 footer Bradley just did it like 3 different times(2 differentlocations along the line) .  I'd prefer they make it illegal to straddle in front of your ball.

If someone walked in front of their ball that close to their line they would throw a hissy fit.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's funny how a few years ago when that whole Koepka vs DChambeau thing was going on, Koepka was portrayed by everyone as the cool guy and DeChambeau was the annoying self-centered nerd.  

Now as they opened up their lives more and you get to see more behind the scenes and interviews, Brooks looks like an uber douche who surrounds himself with douchebaggery and Bryon seems like a pretty normal guy and kind of funny.

16 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If someone walked in front of their ball that close to their line they would throw a hissy fit.

they already get 10minutes to look at their putts.  If 2 guys took 4.5 hours to play 18 holes at Muny or Mo Willie there'd be fisticuffs.  they need a 70  year old dude with a red flag on the back of his cart telling them to get their ass moving.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

First look at the tourney today, been watching for about an hour. Love how the course looks and is shaping up. Th/fr scores show it wasn’t easy or difficult, but now you can see how average or even above average shots aren’t being rewarded, especially trying to drop an approach near the hole locations.  

Starting to see the “wtf am I supposed to do” looks and gesticulations from the players. I hope they don’t touch it overnight and it has nasty fangs tomorrow and it’s a figurative mine field to navigate. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I watched some YouTube video recently where Keegan was talking about how everyone will be doing this on the putting green in a few years. Fuck that shit. 

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

It's funny how a few years ago when that whole Koepka vs DChambeau thing was going on, Koepka was portrayed by everyone as the cool guy and DeChambeau was the annoying self-centered nerd.  

Now as they opened up their lives more and you get to see more behind the scenes and interviews, Brooks looks like an uber douche who surrounds himself with douchebaggery and Bryon seems like a pretty normal guy and kind of funny.

To be fair Bryson's content a few years ago was nothing but working out, speed training with his bro friends in his Dallas rental house, and long drive bullshit. It was pretty douchey. 

Now it's all about playing golf and it's definitely more fun to watch. 

Since the regular golf thread is not even page 1, hopefully it’s ok if I ask a question in here. 
My boys are teens and interested in getting into the game. I want to outfit them with some used clubs to start with- at the price point of $200 for a set of irons. Are there sites that are more reputable than others, for such things?  Or am I stuck shopping garage sales or getting lucky at a play it again or similar?

I got all of my clubs to start at a big used gear place in Lewisville I think. But now I’m in the Seattle area and don’t know if an equivalent place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since the regular golf thread is not even page 1, hopefully it’s ok if I ask a question in here. 
My boys are teens and interested in getting into the game. I want to outfit them with some used clubs to start with- at the price point of $200 for a set of irons. Are there sites that are more reputable than others, for such things?  Or am I stuck shopping garage sales or getting lucky at a play it again or similar?

I got all of my clubs to start at a big used gear place in Lewisville I think. But now I’m in the Seattle area and don’t know if an equivalent place. 

Make a post on marketplace someone will hit you up. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I watched some YouTube video recently where Keegan was talking about how everyone will be doing this on the putting green in a few years. Fuck that shit. 

this.  you can do all you want behind the ball but putting your feet about 1 foot off what might be your intended line is fucking stupid and the USGA should stop it, IMO.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t understand what is being described. 

basically, you straddle your line halfway to the hole and guess the slope using a 1 to 5(5 being most slope).  then you put your pointer finger on the hole and depending on the slope number you add fingers and that is your line.

just a guess but I think guys are doing the straddling in multiple spots to get more "data".  say one straddle feels like 2 and closer it feels like 3. you can average and it is a 2.5.  

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Most places that sell clubs take trade-ins. Check golf galaxy, etc in your area. Got any pro shops? I bet you do.

If you come down to a decision between sets, get the one with the longer shafts. Easier to cut down a shaft than replace the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

this.  you can do all you want behind the ball but putting your feet about 1 foot off what might be your intended line is fucking stupid and the USGA should stop it, IMO.

Agree 100% it should be stopped. One of my kids was in a tournament and one of their opponents used it and did it every few feet from their ball to the hole. They literally stood over the hole on every green, stepping in everyone else's line without a care in the world. So every put my kid and the other players in the group had that was on a similar line or 90 degrees from them was through their stomps on the green. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Too many clicks

FB marketplace. My 13 year old kiddo likes his buddy’s ping I3 irons. Within 3 weeks of searching I found some for 250, slapped some new grips on them and he loves them. He’s probably on hole 15-17 right now with his buddies playing unless he died of heat exhaustion a few holes back.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

FB marketplace. My 13 year old kiddo likes his buddy’s ping I3 irons. Within 3 weeks of searching I found some for 250, slapped some new grips on them and he loves them. He’s probably on hole 15-17 right now with his buddies playing unless he died of heat exhaustion a few holes back.

Shame. I played yesterday afternoon and it was about 65 and mostly cloudy, with some nice sprinkles every few holes.  Great 4 mile walk. 

I will make a point to peruse fb for a while. 

Starting to wonder if the whole set of new callaways from Costco for 550 is the better way to go. Certainly easier. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto