2024 US Open - Pinehurst No. 2 (June 13-16)

Just now, ConferenceRoom said:

More like wings off. The goddamn plane has crashed into the mountain. 

That 3rd shot putt from where he was was a brain fart. Hard to imagine that he doesn’t have the wedge chip like Rory’s

• Like 1

Shame. I played yesterday afternoon and it was about 65 and mostly cloudy, with some nice sprinkles every few holes.  Great 4 mile walk. 

I will make a point to peruse fb for a while. 

Starting to wonder if the whole set of new callaways from Costco for 550 is the better way to go. Certainly easier. 

Is what it is. I’ll be in Portland playing in about 6 weeks and Ogden Utah a few days after that.

You been able to play Pumpkin Ridge in Portland? It’s a lot of fun, I’ve played both. Tiger was there when I was there 15ish years ago but I didn’t see him. He was trying out new clubs or something per the golf shop.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MrX said:

Don’t think there’s been a better Bryson shot than that approach on 13 this year. That was nuts. 

Hold my beer #14 BDC approach from rough

Edited by LTtxfan
damn autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

If this ends up being Bryson and Rory tomorrow…that will be very fun. 

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Hold my beer #14 BCC approach from rough

As good as that was I think it was about 33 percent as good 

It's funny how a few years ago when that whole Koepka vs DChambeau thing was going on, Koepka was portrayed by everyone as the cool guy and DeChambeau was the annoying self-centered nerd.  
Now as they opened up their lives more and you get to see more behind the scenes and interviews, Brooks looks like an uber douche who surrounds himself with douchebaggery and Bryon seems like a pretty normal guy and kind of funny.

Yeah, I saw an interview with Bryson yesterday and he actually seemed ok. Not sure what’s wrong with me but I kind of like him now
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Updawg said:

Yeah, I saw an interview with Bryson yesterday and he actually seemed ok. Not sure what’s wrong with me but I kind of like him now

Same. He seems a lot more laid back, vice a roid-raging long driver.

Maybe he’s been given a new perspective, or just finally opening up?

And thankfully rid of the driving cap, too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Greens are crusty af. I could see someone finishing an hour before the leaders tomorrow and winning. 

Yeah, if someone goes really low early...

Also, if last few groups play as late tomorrow, the shadows and lower sunlight make the course tougher.  

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Updawg said:

He’s been doing a lot of entertaining YouTube segments, including one with Paige Spiranek. Which, of course, I watched closely. 

Edited by TonyTexas

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Rory and Cantlay should be together tomorrow. Y’all remember the dust up in Rome?

I want Rory to shoot a 66 tomorrow just because of that.  Joe seems like a tool.

Love Dechambeau and the way he's playing, Rory could finish 2nd with that round.

• Hook 'Em 1