Tottenham Hotspur 2024-25

Schulz2.0

36 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I assume that Ndombele is going to "eat" most of the contract, right?

More likely we're paying him off to go away. I'd assume we're making up whatever he can't recoup in wages for the upcoming season. 

Okay, my signup for One Hotspur worked.  Looking at tickets for the friendly v. Bayern....and there's not much available.  Seats up in 502, for a mere 10 pounds....are those worth a shit?  Or should I hold my horses and see what people put up for sale on the Spurs site closer to the match (August 10th)?  Any thoughts are appreciated -- as you can tell, I have zero idea what the fuck I am doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay, my signup for One Hotspur worked.  Looking at tickets for the friendly v. Bayern....and there's not much available.  Seats up in 502, for a mere 10 pounds....are those worth a shit?  Or should I hold my horses and see what people put up for sale on the Spurs site closer to the match (August 10th)?  Any thoughts are appreciated -- as you can tell, I have zero idea what the fuck I am doing.

My sense is wait. Despite being Harry Kane playing in London - I can't fathom that a lot of people with tickets won't opt to skip out. 

Granted - 10 quid a seat for assurance of getting to go might be worth it.

• Hook 'Em 2

GF and I went to the Burnley match in May as well. But, being as it was our first time going to the stadium or even an EPL match, rather than dealing with figuring out the nuances of memberships and ticket exchanges, I bit the bullet and bought a premium package from one of Tottenham's approved brokers (sportbreaks.com if you're interested) that included nice seats, lounge access, and tickets for the underground and overground on match day. Yeah, it was way more than 10 GBP pp, but it was a great experience.

tottenham.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I never knew that the Bills use Tottenham Hotspur stadium as the inspiration of their new stadium (which will be completed in 2026).

I put some videos in the spoiler section for space.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJny7k6deU <- this won't embed - lame. It's a good short video on it

this one focuses more on the Bills stadium itself, but has some bits on the overlaps and influences throughout.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We need 2 strikers between PL games and Europa League.

Yep, but what we don't need is a distraction. Richarlison can be "mercurial" at best, a head case at worst. And when he ain't playing in favor of Solanke, he's going to be at his worst. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yep, but what we don't need is a distraction. Richarlison can be "mercurial" at best, a head case at worst. And when he ain't playing in favor of Solanke, he's going to be at his worst. 

i don't get the richarlison hate. he's disappointed overall since arriving at spurs, but his first season was filled with injuries and dealing with conte. he got help for his mental health issues and when he came back from the groin injury mid-season last year he was in great form before dealing with injuries toward the back 1/3. i don't recall any point last season where his behavior was a distraction or detrimental to the club. the guy has a ton of talent, seems like he genuinely likes it at spurs and is willing to stay and fight for a spot despite big money offers to leave. i'll take the possibility of all of that clicking over the other backup striker options available on the transfer market.

Edited by mr. littlejeans
fat fingers
  • Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

i don't get the richarlison hate. he's disappointed overall since arriving at spurs, but his first season was filled with injuries and dealing with conte. he got help for his mental health issues and when he came back from the groin injury mid-season last year he was in great form before dealing with injuries toward the back 1/3. i don't recall any point last season where his behavior was a distraction or detrimental to the club. the guy has a ton of talent, seems like he genuinely likes it at spurs and is willing to stay and fight for a spot despite big money offers to leave. i'll take the possibility of all of that clicking over the other backup striker options available on the transfer market.

This.

I think he is ready for a breakout year. Let's see him do his thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

I hope Richarlison scores 20 goals for us, but if you want to know why I want him to move on, it's in the bolded text.  Some people just have bad luck, and their bodies fail them.  Don't know why, maybe it's his training regimen, decision making, or maybe it's just bad fucking luck.  Either way, he has a history. 

His body language on the pitch is not great when he's not on one of his hot streaks.  He'll be great for the early FA Cup rounds in January and some of the Europa league matches, but to think that he's going to see the kind of minutes they had hoped from him going into last year as Kane's replacement is a little unrealistic.  So he's going to be sitting for stretches behind Solanke, Kulu, Son, BJ, Werner, and Solomon.  He might not want to leave the EPL, but the time is coming where he'll be forced to move to Serie A or Ligue 1, or to a lesser side in the EPL like a Fulham. 

1 hour ago, midtown said:

What do we think about this signing? 

Solanke was wanted by Ange, so there's that.  I think he'll be fine, even though he's a little one dimensional.  I'm excited to see Son play more of his natural wide position. 

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Free kick defending is atrocious 

We should have 65 million pound package a new goal keeper too 

I didn't watch but saw some on Twitter talking about set pieces again. Think it's Vicario or defensive system?

3 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I hope Richarlison scores 20 goals for us, but if you want to know why I want him to move on, it's in the bolded text.  Some people just have bad luck, and their bodies fail them.  Don't know why, maybe it's his training regimen, decision making, or maybe it's just bad fucking luck.  Either way, he has a history. 

His body language on the pitch is not great when he's not on one of his hot streaks.  He'll be great for the early FA Cup rounds in January and some of the Europa league matches, but to think that he's going to see the kind of minutes they had hoped from him going into last year as Kane's replacement is a little unrealistic.  So he's going to be sitting for stretches behind Solanke, Kulu, Son, BJ, Werner, and Solomon.  He might not want to leave the EPL, but the time is coming where he'll be forced to move to Serie A or Ligue 1, or to a lesser side in the EPL like a Fulham. 

Solanke was wanted by Ange, so there's that.  I think he'll be fine, even though he's a little one dimensional.  I'm excited to see Son play more of his natural wide position. 

i still think you are pulling the ripcord on richy prematurely. having two out and out striker options should lessen the need for son, bj, werner, deki, etc to shoulder that load and allow them to play in their more natural, effective wide positions in all competitions.

and if you’re going to trust ange on solanke, he had this to say about richy:

“Not sure where the uncertain future idea came from, not from my behalf. When he was fit last year, he played all the time and played well. This is not about replacing Richy, for us it is about adding to our squad and we want to get better in every transfer window. Having some more quality and depth in that front third means we can protect our players more”

maybe he doesnt work out but at this stage having him AND solanke is nothing but upside. 

• Hook 'Em 2