Tottenham Hotspur 2024-25

Schulz2.0

What was your match day like? Did you make it into any Spurs pubs?  I always hang out in the back garden at No.8.  Or did you just hang out at the stadium?  Did you take the overground to WHL or one of the busses from Seven Sisters

What was your match day like? Did you make it into any Spurs pubs?  I always hang out in the back garden at No.8.  Or did you just hang out at the stadium?  Did you take the overground to WHL or one of the busses from Seven Sisters

Took the overground from Hackney, where our daughter lives. The scene at entry to the stadium was….chaotic. Once inside, really impressed. We hung out inside after, hit the shop, then took the overground back south for a late dinner. No pubs, two women with were a bit skittish. But I’d go back - would be fun to do with some of the guys.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, midtown said:

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Took the overground from Hackney, where our daughter lives. The scene at entry to the stadium was….chaotic. Once inside, really impressed. We hung out inside after, hit the shop, then took the overground back south for a late dinner. No pubs, two women with were a bit skittish. But I’d go back - would be fun to do with some of the guys.

have done both and much prefer the overground.

the back garden at no. 8 is a great time and my fav spot as well, but also curious if the atmosphere has changed since there is more to do/drink/eat pre-game in the new stadium than in WHL. regardless you should def make a trip back and hit the pubs.

I was reading on Defector today that Spurs are talking about bringing back Kyle Walker-Peters from So'ton. 

Here is their bit on Spurs for the EPL season:

Tottenham Hotspur

Nobody heats up like Spurs, and nobody cools off faster than Spurs. Under manager Ange Postecoglou and his crazed attack-until-they-drop-and-then-attack-until-you-drop system, the club won eight of its first 10 matches but lost five of its last seven to remind everyone that whether the Prem is a league with four, five, or six elite European sides, Tottenham is always a safe bet to be the fourth, fifth, or sixth in that group. The face of the side used to be Harry Kane, it is now kind of Ange and his profoundly square head, but it is always eternally glowering owner Daniel Levy, who is the English version of Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross: always hanging around but never holding any silverware.

Levy is stereotypically accused of being tight with a quid, but he found €65 million to sign striker Dominic Solanke, Spurs' highest-ever expenditure. Solanke is supposed to replace the ghost of Harry Kane, the still-competent-but-aging Son Heung-min, and the now out of favor Richarlison. Postecoglou is also expected to trigger the buy-back for fullback Kyle Walker-Peters from Southampton. Hooray.

What we can safely assume is that Tottenham is still not Man City or Arsenal, and that the supporters will continue to whinge about Postecoglou's obstinate disavowal of a tactical Plan B to address the high number of goals for an allegedly elite team. Tottenham is always on the verge of something, and based on the recent history what it's probably on the verge of is a new manager, since the club has had seven in the last five years (five plus two interims) from a field that includes reputational bigshots José Mourinho and Antonio Conte. In sum, Tottenham is another way to say "dissatisfied." – Ray Ratto

Title Contender Index: 31.7
Relegation Index: 2.9

Edited by Captain Ron

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I was reading on Defector today that Spurs are talking about bringing back Kyle Walker-Peters from So'ton. 

Here is their bit on Spurs for the EPL season:

Was listening to a Spurs podcast and they were talking about issues registering a full squad for Europa League. Apparently, a certain amount of roster spots have to be filled by home grown and/or academy graduates, and we don't currently have enough academy graduates to fill all the spots, meaning we would go into Europa with empty spots. Buying back KWP would be a potential solution to that issue.

On 5/21/2024 at 6:56 PM, TheBryMan81 said:

Current starter level players (realize positions are fluid, but I'm putting players where they most often played)

9: Richarlison

Wings: Sonny, Johnson, Kulu (backup Werner?)

10: Maddison

6/8: Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur

LB: Udogie

CB: VDV/Cuti (backup Dragusin)

RB: Porro

GK: Vicario

Promising Youngsters that have been called into the first team: Moore, Donley, Scarlett (not entirely sure on their respective positions)

Looks to me that we probably need to prioritize upgrading at the 9 and at the 6/8. Having a CDM that can protect against the counter when both full backs are up and inverted could shore up the defense.

Need capable backups all over the place, but definitely at LB/RB, in the midfield, and at the 9.

We have 3-4 (depending on Werner) wingers who are perfectly capable of executing their role in Ange-ball. This might be a good position to give the youngsters some playing time in the early stages of the cups/Europa. Kulu is also a Swiss army knife who can play RW, 10, or apparently even a false 9 type (against the likes of Sheffield at least) when he's in good form.

And for the sake of my sanity, can we PLEASE do something about set pieces?! 

Thoughts on priority positions to upgrade?

Revisiting this now they we are on the brink of our opener

9: Solanke, Richarlison (Lankshear for early cup/Europa?)

Wings: Son, Werner, Johnson, Odobert?, Mikey Moore? (Maybe still a year away?)

10: Maddison, Kulu?, Bergvall (is he ready?)

6/8: Sarr, Bentancur, Bissouma, Archie Gray

CB: VDV, Cuti, Dragusin

LB/RB: Udogie, Davies, Porro, Gray (played some significant time at RB last year in the Championship)

Definitely upgraded at the 9 and keeping Richarlison plus possibly calling up Lankshear gives us some depth

Signing Odobert maybe pushes Kulu centrally? If so, I think this upgrades depth at both RW and 10

If Mikey Moore is ready, he improves depth at LW. If not, then it's largely the same as last year 

Increased depth at the 10 with Bergvall and maybe Kulu

CDM only added Archie Gray. Even though he's young, he's got a full year of experience in the Championship including a cup win over Chelsea and a win against Leicester. Is also comfortable covering at RB (since RB inverts so often, it's basically like playing midfield)

No real upgrades/additions to the back 5.

In summary: improved starting quality at the 9, improved attacking depth, didn't upgrade very much defensively. 

I would love a top 3 finish and a run to the Europa League final. Is this enough to improve by 14-20 points to break 80/get into the top 3? And/or make a run in the Europa League?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, midtown said:

Yeah I was just thinking.  If we could just stay healthy and bam stretcher.  They dont stretcher often these days.  He must have really taken a hit

He was out cold. You could see him doing the fencing response when he was face down.

• Rage+1 1