Arsenal FC 2024-25: Back Where We Belong

Derka

19 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Zinchenko gets cooked by Salah.   SHOCKING.   He is such an awful defender, thankfully he's pretty far down the pecking order now.

19 hours ago, Derka said:

karl hungus would make a better keeper than karl hein. 

We got the "Full Zinny" experience last night. Defensive lapse gifts a goal, then he's involved in the buildup to our goal. I don't suspect he'll be playing much at LB now that Timber is nearing full health and Calafiori has joined.  Also, hopefully this is the nail in the coffin of Havartz at left 8.  It just doesn't work.  Play him up top with Jesus on one of the wings. Zinny clearly has ball skills; maybe he doesn't have the legs/stamina for a MF role, but preseason would have been the time to test it.

All in all.... eh.  We lost 2-nil to manure last preseason, IIRC. Stadium looked damn near full; never would have thought two EPL clubs would have sold out an NFL stadium when I started following Arsenal in 1998.

Posted (edited)

One of  the most sought-after Italian players tells Juventus “Nah, Imma 💯 join Arsenal.” Now a highly sought-after Spaniard (after winning Euro) tells Madrid and Barça “nah, Imma 💯 win my alll my du-eals at The Arsenal.” 

What a testament to the culture and project Arteta and Edu are building. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Derka said:

Could this have been Timber’s “sliding doors” moment? He would have started at left back most of the matches last season had he not been injured. If he does and performs how we all think he would have (at an elite level), do we bring in Calafiori? Maybe. Or maybe not.

Having two really good players at a position (and especially two players who can seamlessly play everywhere on the back line) is a nice problem to have. 

Posted (edited)

Lets hope it's just precautionary "easing him back to match fitness." 

Still... I don't think we should sell Kiwior. Not with Tomi likely to miss his usual 1/3 of the season and Timber easing back into things.   

Edited by Dutch

martinelli plays with his head down, always trying to take on players and get into the box. he missed a wide open declan rice there for a great goal opportunity. i’m wondering if we couldn’t find a left winger who more fits into this team before the window closes. he could use some competition.