Arsenal FC 2024-25: Back Where We Belong

Derka

37 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Nice of both Arsenal and Liverpool to handicap themselves when going against the behemoth that is Man City. 

200.gif

Thought we were the only ones; Chiesa for £10m is a hell of a great deal by you guys.

Edited by Dutch

Reiss loan had better 100% be contingent on the club getting the Sterling deal done. 

Unrelated… last year’s 3rd kit was damn sharp. The 22-23 one, too. 

Edited by Dutch

Posted (edited)

thought: lots of people have been saying this is the worst time for merino to get hurt with spurs and city away games coming up, but i’m not so sure. partey, as oft injured as he is, has been a starter here for years and has a real rapport and chemistry with his team, as well as an understanding of mikel’s system. we also will likely have to move declan out of his best position if merino starts. meaning, i don’t think that parter loses his spot to a healthy merino to begin with. of course i’d rather he be healthy, but imo he’d be coming off the bench anyway. it’s less than ideal, but i’m not going to freak out over it when he’s never even played a single minute in this system or with these players.

Edited by Derka

Solid 1st half, let’s get another.   This Brighton team is damn good, but that first 15 minutes was about as good as we can play.  We seem to always start like that, like the old days when Bill Walsh would script out the 1st drive.   Since then it’s been much more even.

also I’m happy with our signings, but take a look at our bench.   We are not deep.  Yikes 

this announcer has lost his fucking mind blaming rice for this. rice WAS WALKING AWAY when the ball was kicked into him, followed by him being kicked! what the fuck are you even talking about?!?

rice didn’t even stand in front of the free kick, he was walking away when the bha player kicked the ball into him. jesus christ how many times are you going to show the replay and then act like you don’t see that?!?!

1 hour ago, Derka said:

thought: lots of people have been saying this is the worst time for merino to get hurt with spurs and city away games coming up, but i’m not so sure. partey, as oft injured as he is, has been a starter here for years and has a real rapport and chemistry with his team, as well as an understanding of mikel’s system. we also will likely have to move declan out of his best position if merino starts. meaning, i don’t think that parter loses his spot to a healthy merino to begin with. of course i’d rather he be healthy, but imo he’d be coming off the bench anyway. it’s less than ideal, but i’m not going to freak out over it when he’s never even played a single minute in this system or with these players.

well i take all of this back now. at this rate i expect partey to get hurt between now and the NLD.