Presumed Innocent - AppleTV, June 12, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ruth Negga

The outside of this chick's house had more traffic in like 3 hours than South Austin's mom has for, well, maybe 3 hours also but damn.

Spoiler

Rusty is there and then leaves while his son is outside biking around probably a few times while HER son is over there taking photos and videos from the bushes and oh Rusty's daughter also comes by that same night for some tea and murder and Rusty comes back for some sloppy murder seconds.

Good thing she didn't have a Ring camera I guess. Or apparently anyone else around.

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

The outside of this chick's house had more traffic in like 3 hours than South Austin's mom has for, well, maybe 3 hours also but damn.

Reveal hidden contents

Rusty is there and then leaves while his son is outside biking around probably a few times while HER son is over there taking photos and videos from the bushes and oh Rusty's daughter also comes by that same night for some tea and murder and Rusty comes back for some sloppy murder seconds.

Good thing she didn't have a Ring camera I guess. Or apparently anyone else around.

It would have been more interesting if

Spoiler

If the biker wasn't actually Rusty's son but was actually the daughter who they thought was the son.

Spoiler

And where was Barbara during all this that night? Her husband is not home obsessing over his lover breaking up with him. Her teen ager daughter took her car to go murder death kill. Her teen ager son out riding around spying on Carolyn. For such a doting mother she sure seems disconnected.
  • Like 1

And where was Barbara during all this that night? Her husband is not home obsessing over his lover breaking up with him. Her teen ager daughter took her car to go murder death kill. Her teen ager son out riding around spying on Carolyn. For such a doting mother she sure seems disconnected.

Probably downstairs on the bike, overacting.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the bike is outside in a pool cabana or garage. For some reason they like detached garages in Chicago. She’s on the bike huffing her vape. Consumed with her failed art career.

I don’t know who they got to do barb’s art out there but my 5 year old granddaughter draws and colors better pitchures.

• 2 weeks later...

I just binged it and mostly enjoyed it. Thought the ending was a little bit sloppy and contrived, just for the sake of having a shocking twist. I would’ve liked it more if they closed out the series and left us wondering who the murderer was, similar to real life where you don’t always get all the answers.

Ruth Negga did not bother me at all, so I’m surprised to see the hate on here. If she seemed like a cunt, it’s because her husband cheated on her, broke it off, then started up again, lied repeatedly, got his mistress pregnant, then had it blow up in public when he was charged with murder. How did y’all want Barbara to act?

I hated Rusty and hated Tommy but if I had been on the jury, I would not have convicted. I don’t think the prosecution came anywhere close to meeting the “beyond a reasonable doubt” threshold for murder.

My biggest unanswered question was Rusty’s phone’s metadata. Mya mentioned it in one episode, saying he was at Carolyn’s house from 10:00-11:00ish. I think the time stamp on the son’s photo established Rusty’s arrival time, but Rusty’s own phone established the time he returned home. Was that GPS or something else? Wouldn’t the phone’s metadata also show him leaving his home again that night, and if it was GPS data, it would show him returning to Carolyn’s house?

I thought it had lots of writing problems covered up by some fine acting. I think it would have been better without resolution after the not guilty verdict. With everyone keeping their suspicions bottled up, a family in doubt, friends eyeballing each other. Rusty suspecting Barb, Barb suspecting Rusty got away with it, both looking at their son, Tommy, her son, her ex, the other chick in the office. They ignored so much stuff.

I’m on episode 3. The dude playing Della Guardia is a fucking horrendous actor. He talks like Kip (Napoleon Dynamite’s brother). Skarsgaard is great but the other guy ruins every scene he’s in.

His face doesn’t move when he talks. It like he got his entire face over-Botoxed.

20 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I’m on episode 3. The dude playing Della Guardia is a fucking horrendous actor. He talks like Kip (Napoleon Dynamite’s brother). Skarsgaard is great but the other guy ruins every scene he’s in.

Couldn't stand that mfer. He had some funny lines that would have been funny by anyone else...but his face distracted me.