Countdown to 2024 Texas Longhorn Football - SEC now with more cowbell!

27:40 mark, #88 Cotton Speyrer diving catch to set up the go-ahead TD to beat ND and win The National Championship (1970 Cotton Bowl) 🤘

Cotton Speyrer against UCLA in 1970.

image.png.dc668173d0ca55e68f8efe6c27387b

How did you get to be called "Cotton?"
When I was born I had white hair, and I grew up in Brownsville. My mothers' family, who was from Illinois, wanted to name me "Frosty." Being in the valley, it stuck as "Cotton." Again, thank God it wasn't "Frosty." That's really how I got it. I had white hair when I was young.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Don't know where Steamboat is. So without further ado, 

Lawrence Sampleton 

image.jpeg.5218c39278c2fd930d6d2f9880d51fb4.jpeg

2022 Longhorns Countdown to kickoff - Page 2 - Football - Surly Horns

87 DAYS!!

Went looking for video or more pictures of Sampleton #87, and found this gem narrated by the famous NFL voice "John Facenda"

THE PRIDE OF TEXAS   

From the 1981 season, this University of Texas promotional film includes several player interviews including Kenneth Sims, Donnie Little, Doug Dawson, Bruce Scholtz and others.  

Earl Campbell, Fred Akers, and Barbara Jordan interviews are also included.  

Video highlights of the 1981 Texas blOU win and 1982 Cotton Bowl victory vs Bama are included in the 2nd half of this video.

Sampleton #87  appears several times, two good glimpses are at 20:09 and 22:13 marks. Then Sampleton shows up in 1982 Cotton Bowl clips with two catches starting at 25:30 mark.

Hook 'em 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

87 DAYS!!
Went looking for video or more pictures of Sampleton #87, and found this gem narrated by the famous NFL voice "John Facenda"
 THE PRIDE OF TEXAS   
From the 1981 season, this University of Texas promotional film includes several player interviews including Kenneth Sims, Donnie Little, Doug Dawson, Bruce Scholtz and others.  
Earl Campbell, Fred Akers, and Barbara Jordan interviews are also included.  
Video highlights of the 1981 Texas blOU win and 1982 Cotton Bowl victory vs Bama are included in the 2nd half of this video.
Sampleton #87  appears several times, two good glimpses are at 20:09 and 22:13 marks. Then Sampleton shows up in 1982 Cotton Bowl clips with two catches starting at 25:30 mark.
Hook 'em 

Any of you old timers…..

Were those jerseys cotton back it the day? I would think so. Holy hell I bet they got heavy and smelled awesome after a game.

On 6/2/2024 at 4:14 PM, LTtxfan said:

More Rodrique Wright       90 DAYS!!!

image.png.e724804e7b21f4abbf808422166b746f.png

Is anyone going to say something?

On 6/2/2024 at 8:59 PM, msucolt45 said:

1288b546b5c55a8407010d3fb48097b7.jpg

Hook’em!!!

What am I missing here?

On 6/5/2024 at 9:22 AM, horn4life said:

There is simply one uniform that is waaaay fucking more exciting and harder to wait for than all the others! 

It will be worth the wait!  Because we ARE gonna run this shit!

spacer.png

Motherfucker, you got me all excited and shit.

Thanks, jerk.