Countdown to 2024 Texas Longhorn Football - SEC now with more cowbell!

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Too good... gotta add to page 22 🤘

683ce787da1bcd585fae87a51d4fa186.jpg

GettyImages-2488608.0.jpg

Best linebacker we've had since Nobis. Dude would be as Bobby says, a 5 star++. A true difference maker. Much like Ant Hill. They even threw in Jonah Williams in that category. Good thing we're leading for Williams, and thank you to Schloss for coming home to his dream job. 

Great Old Post from @CowtownHorn

"Just want to give a shout out to this guy since we’re 10 days away. Those weren’t the greatest years for UT football but those 4 wins over OU were pretty damn awesome. I was in attendance for 2 of those 4 wins. My years in high school aligned with his years at Texas. I wanted to be just like him so I wore number 10 as well. The pass to Johnny Walker in the last minute of the 89 game is one of my favorite memories of the RRS."

92367CFF-7EE5-407A-B376-538AE2494117.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

10 DAYS 🤘

Jon+Aunes.jpg
God I remember the 1977 blOU game... it was so surreal. 
First, a new Texas trick play resulted in an interception, and OU took over at the Texas 14 with the game six seconds old. Then, on Texas' seventh offensive play, starting Quarterback Mark McBath was torn, spindled and mutilated and hobbled from view. On the team's 16th offensive play, with a couple of minutes remaining in the first quarter, Texas' second-string quarterback, Jon Aune, was crushed and towed away. So out trotted the third-team quarterback, Randy McEachern, whose college record reads like that of a guy not considered good enough to play for most junior colleges. So unknown is McEachern that when Aune went down, star Running Back Earl Campbell stood on the field wondering. "Golly, who's gonna quarterback us?"

• Hook 'Em 3

I know some of y'all are looking for a lunch date tomorrow.

Meet our new University of Texas sports columnist, Kirk Bohls, in a private virtual event (Houston Chronicle)

Readers are invited to join us for VIP interviews, fascinating Q&As and on-the-record discussions on topical issues. 

Chronicle readers are invited to a private Zoom with University of Texas sports columnist Kirk Bohls at 1 p.m. CST on Thursday, August 22 to meet the man behind the byline, and for a preview of the Longhorns' upcoming season, its first in the Southeastern Conference (SEC). He will be joined by Chronicle sports editor, Reid Laymance. 

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

JFC.  And we just let him go up to Purdue.  No wonder we've underachieved for so much of our history. 

I still can't get over this. Because he was "too short" is just so fucking dumb. It triggers me every time I think about. Brees would have been a god here. 

Lived right down the street, went to Westlake, grew up a Longhorn fan, and we just pissed it away. Thanks, Maxkovic, you fucking lemur-headed dumb fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 3