2024 NCAA Regionals

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re right the big 12 is one of the best. You betchaaaa.

Digging in on something you’re objectively wrong about is a move 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I get called out for saying the big 12 is the worst and you say no we’re second worst? Wow you really exposed my take. Great job.

I mean there’s still 5 power conferences, not 4. And I believe someone pointed out that the pac12 has an RPI ranking of 6th. They’re not even the 5th best power 5 conference at this point. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

aggy can throw their worst starter against Grambling.  how good is Louisiana?

They struggled early in the year against better competition then put some things together and cruised through the Sun Belt before dropping both games of the conference tourney.

They are good on the mound, probably around average at the plate.

Posted (edited)

This is great. We could easily lose twice and never even play aggy.  Or they could beat us like they should this year, and who cares.  Or… there’s the little nonzero chance that we win their regional.  

Texas can’t disappoint, but it can surprise. And wouldn’t that be a fucking hoot. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is great. We could easily lose twice and never even play aggy.  Or they could beat us like they should this year, and who cares.  Or… there’s the little nonzero chance that we win their regional.  

Texas can’t disappoint, but it can surprise. 

Or we win the regional and David Pierce returns next season.

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Texas can’t disappoint, but it can surprise. 

image.jpeg.be47bd5e61677662ff0abe36530c7edc.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

aggy can throw their worst starter against Grambling.  how good is Louisiana?

I think we go Grubbs game 1, Ace against aggy. Ace is our best gamer I think. 
But maybe you throw Ace game 1 knowing he’s more capable than Grubbs of potentially eating 7-9 innings. Still would rather have Ace’s grit for game 2

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

aggy is 3-5 in their last 8 games so it's not like they've been playing like a juggernaut.  Let's knock them out of their own regional and taste their tears.

might as well

agree with Rooney, that Tucson regional looks fun

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Or we win the regional and David Pierce returns next season.

Larry David Reaction GIF

So we can't win?  Or we can't lose?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Unlikely - 16 SEC teams, so you can put one in each regional if somehow all 16 made it, but that's unlikely to happen.  It's not softball.  

yet

All the 13-17's got in this year.  It's the dismal tide.

Edited by WBT
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think we go Grubbs game 1, Ace against aggy. Ace is our best gamer I think. 
But maybe you throw Ace game 1 knowing he’s more capable than Grubbs of potentially eating 7-9 innings. Still would rather have Ace’s grit for game 2

maybe go Grubbs but we are bad enough and don't have a clear number 1 that I think we just have to throw our best matchup/pitcher against Louisiana. 

crazy thought..maybe we just throw LBJ and see if he has his stuff and save both of them. if we lose, beat Grambling with whoever and still have Grubbs and Ace for the next 3 games.

It is hard to believe we are in this position with pitching.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

crazy thought..maybe we just throw LBJ and see if he has his stuff and save both of them. if we lose, beat Grambling with whoever and still have Grubbs and Ace for the next 3 games.

This honestly isn’t the worst idea but my guess is Grubbs takes the ball on Friday.

• Hook 'Em 1

Florida is interesting.

0-1 versus the Big 12.  0-1 versus St. John’s.  They split with Jacksonville and Stetson.  Were 0-3 versus FSU losing by a combined 30 runs.  A number of relatively close wins versus poor teams.  Lost their only tourney game when it could have been considered win or else.  Beat two SWAC teams by 3 runs each (UCF beat one of those teams 14-1).

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

maybe go Grubbs but we are bad enough and don't have a clear number 1 that I think we just have to throw our best matchup/pitcher against Louisiana. 

It is hard to believe we are in this position with coaching.

Tweaked 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

This honestly isn’t the worst idea but my guess is Grubbs takes the ball on Friday.

yeah, Pierce will probably do that and hope we get enough runs we don't have to use Boehm.  I'd rather burn LBJ and roll with whatever after that.  I think aggy would crush LBJ(even though he beat them last year).

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Florida is interesting.

0-1 versus the Big 12.  0-1 versus St. John’s.  They split with Jacksonville and Stetson.  Were 0-3 versus FSU losing by a combined 30 runs.  A number of relatively close wins versus poor teams.  Lost their only tourney game when it could have been considered win or else.  Beat two SWAC teams by 3 runs each (UCF beat one of those teams 14-1).

Don’t they also have 2 series wins against national seeds? 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, Pierce will probably do that and hope we get enough runs we don't have to use Boehm.  I'd rather burn LBJ and roll with whatever after that.  I think aggy would crush LBJ(even though he beat them last year).

I don’t know this for sure but I’m pretty sure the thought of extending Boehm last week for 60+ pitches was to prepare him for a potential start in a regional if the situation calls for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Florida is interesting.

S E C is all you need to know.

Top 8 seeds (if I am not mistaken)

SEC - 5

ACC - 3

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, chase25 said:

The committee really should send 2 of Vanderbilt, Florida (assuming they make it which I'm beginning to think they will), and Mississippi State out to Corvallis and Tuscon to make them earn those regionals. 

I’m just happy to be in a regional somewhere before going O-2 and barbecue.  I did not really think we deserved a bid.

Edit: Stillwater.   The three other teams each have at least 10 more wins than Gata.   lol.  At least the streak of regional invites is still alive, questionable though it may be.   

Edited by Gatorubet

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m just happy to be in a regional somewhere before going O-2 and barbecue.  I did not really think we deserved a bid.

good year to have the committee chair be your AD.  and you got the 11 seed as your regional.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know this for sure but I’m pretty sure the thought of extending Boehm last week for 60+ pitches was to prepare him for a potential start in a regional if the situation calls for it.

good point.  or coming in much earlier if the starter in a must win game shits the bed.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don’t they also have 2 series wins against national seeds? 

They have series wins over the Aggies, LSU, MSU and Georgia.  No sweeps there, but they got swept by Mizzou.

Theyre very up and down with talent to beat you.  Not exactly what I’d call a good team.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

good year to have the committee chair be your AD.  and you got the 11 seed as your regional.

I’m not complaining.  We can easily be a spoiler for somebody. We have the bats to ruin somebody’s day, but we don’t have the pitching.    Which is why we tend to lose games 10 to 8. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Everyone crushes LBJ at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

It is a defensible draw, given RPI: Aggy (2), LaLa (38), Texas (42), Grambling (236).

Some random computer rankings:

Sonny Moore: https://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/cbase.htm
Aggy (5), LaLa (42), Texas (22), Grambling (242)

Massey: https://masseyratings.com/cbase/ratings
Aggy (3), LaLa (47), Texas (30), Grambling (712)

Talisman Red: https://talismanred.com/ratings/baseball/
Aggy (2), LaLa (39), Texas (29), Grambling (290)

Consensus computer rankings show Texas is the #2 team in the region, despite the relatively poor performance against Q4.

Fixed - originally had LaTech by mistake - fortunately, the points still stand.

Edited by boilerhorn
fix links

2 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

It is a defensible draw, given RPI: Aggy (2), LaTech (29), Texas (42), Grambling (236).

Aggy (5), LaTech (84), Texas (22), Grambling (242)

Aggy (3), LaTech (41), Texas (30), Grambling (712)

Aggy (2), LaTech (43), Texas (29), Grambling (290)

Consensus computer rankings show Texas is the #2 team in the region, despite the relatively poor performance against Q4.

It’s Louisiana, not LA Tech

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Off topic but it is really hard not to call them Lafayette anymore

Yeah ULL was easier but they get so mad when you call them that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m not complaining.  We can easily be a spoiler for somebody. We have the bats to ruin somebody’s day, but we don’t have the pitching.    Which is why we tend to lose games 10 to 8. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if UF won the regional, but I don’t think the effort over the season earned the chance.  Is UF one of the top 45 or whatever at-large teams?  Most likely.

This RPI shit is stupid.  Probably because it doesn’t fit my narrative.  Having a Q4 game against a conference opponent, from a top 3 conference, is not the same as beating a SWAC team.  I firmly believe that conferences and teams work that system to their favor.  Kudos to them , but it’s a weak system when that’s so easily done.

Thanks for the head's up - fixed my post.  My conclusions are still valid, lucky for me

Just call the fuckers USL, they’ll like that, as that was their name when I finished at the little school 50 miles to the West. Any school that changes their name has an identity crisis. Ahem, San Marcos.

Go to Hell USL, go to Hell!

Hook’em!!!

You know visiting College Station just sucks... because it's, College Station.  But this is a whole new season now, and hope springs eternal.  Sure would be fun to send the Ags to an endless summer of endless boredom in CS.  

5 minutes ago, horn4life said:

You know visiting College Station just sucks... because it's, College Station.  But this is a whole new season now, and hope springs eternal.  Sure would be fun to send the Ags to an endless summer of endless boredom in CS.  

I may have to make this trip. 

2 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

It is a defensible draw, given RPI: Aggy (2), LaLa (38), Texas (42), Grambling (236).

Aggy (5), LaLa (42), Texas (22), Grambling (242)

Aggy (3), LaLa (47), Texas (30), Grambling (712)

Aggy (2), LaLa (39), Texas (29), Grambling (290)

Fixed - originally had LaTech by mistake - fortunately, the points still stand.

26, 34, 27 for Gata.  So not good, not horrible.   If we beat Okie State Friday we might get to a super. 

….. which likely means we’ll be knocked out by Niagara or Nebraska. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

How the fuck did Florida make the tourney? And as a 3 seed?

S-E-C, etc.   maybe they figure slightly above 500 is better in the SEC than 10 games better in the Big Ten.   Don’t know, don’t care.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

How the fuck did Florida make the tourney? And as a 3 seed?

First time following road to Omaha? Power 5 schools are virtually never 4 seeds, that’s reserved for auto q’s from shit conferences. 

• Drool 1