2024 NCAA Regionals

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)

Texas has been the home to dozens of olympic gymnasts over the decades, and yet only Texas Womens University has a scholarship gymnastics program in the state of Texas. If UT ever decided to field a gymnastics program, they would have all the resources in the world to be title contenders from year 1.

On topic: Fuck OU

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I don't think so.

Again, a reason the Stanford has dominated that over the years. They are getting points in sports that other schools don't even have.

Thats not how it works. Every school only gets points from the same number of sports (a max of 19). However, the more sports a school sponsors, the higher probability that total will be comprised of a greater number of better finishes. That’s why Stanford has had such an advantage. They don’t get to count every sport - rather, they do really well in a ton of niche sports, which bolsters the latter half of their points list. 

Edit: I see that was covered. Should have read the thread before commenting. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

7-0 Huskies in the bottom of the 9th..  Dirt burglars have the bases loaded, no outs, and they are magically thinking they aren’t going to lose.

It is much more fun watching them have stupid hope.

edit: haha as i type, double play and third out

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t have a lot of hope against the number six national seed Clemson, but the weird thing about the Gators is that the last eight times we won a regional, we eventually made it to Omaha.

At least when we win the odd regional we do something with it.

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

Dogpile to the Supers!

Do they have a plan for dog piles?

Is there some procedure for the people at the bottom and the middle people to provide a structure that prevents the guys at the bottom from suffocating?

I remember in my yute [sic] that the people at the bottom of a dog pile always looked like they had just been resuscitated. Not a smart/safe thing to do if you need those teammates for future games. 

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I don’t have a lot of hope against the number six national seed Clemson, but the weird thing about the Gators is that the last eight times we won a regional, we eventually made it to Omaha.

At least when we win the odd regional we do something with it.

meh... we might have a little something for those boys.  

Spoiler

postgame-thread-stillwater-regional-%E2%

• Like 2

Super Regional matchups

Tennessee vs. Evansville

Florida State vs. UConn 

Virginia vs. Kansas State 

North Carolina vs. West Virginia

Kentucky vs. Oregon State

Georgia vs. NC State

Clemson vs. Florida

Texas A&M vs. Oregon

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Super Regional matchups

Tennessee vs. Evansville

Florida State vs. UConn 

Virginia vs. Kansas State 

North Carolina vs. West Virginia

Kentucky vs. Oregon State

Georgia vs. NC State

Clemson vs. Florida

Texas A&M vs. Oregon

Let's get wild.  Give me an Omaha with Evansville, UConn, KState, WVU, Kentucky, Georgia, and Oregon. Clemson or Florida can be the old dog to explain the shot challenge.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Let's get wild.  Give me an Omaha with Evansville, UConn, KState, WVU, Kentucky, Georgia, and Oregon. Clemson or Florida can be the old dog to explain the shot challenge.

Average number of losses per teams in super regionals is 17.1

Florida has lost 28 games so far. 

Evansville, UConn and KState have lost 24.

Everybody else is good. 

On 6/4/2024 at 2:32 PM, locodos said:

Finally above average!

I really do not want to pass up an opportunity to send either Georgia or FSU - or both - home from Omaha. 

It’s what Mike Martin would want us to do anyway….

• Drool 1

I don't see a Supers thread yet so I guess I'll post this here for our Sunshine state brethren @Gatorubet @gatormarc.

Have to root for some underdog and y'all have some orange in your colors too, so go Gata.

Who knows? After name dropping last time and getting him a big raise by Perrin, maybe CDC tries to steal your coach !!!  (I keed, I keed)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I don't see a Supers thread yet so I guess I'll post this here for our Sunshine state brethren @Gatorubet @gatormarc.

Have to root for some underdog and y'all have some orange in your colors too, so go Gata.

Who knows? After name dropping last time and getting him a big raise by Perrin, maybe CDC tries to steal your coach !!!  (I keed, I keed)

IMG_7796.gif.2f7e119b135fdca5f3c2492b1925806c.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I can't imaging Sully going anywhere.

Is this where I request that @immamac be banned from showing any confidence in Florida?