2024 NCAA Regionals

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Stanford runs deep every year in rowing, squash, fencing, water polo, sailing, synchronized swimming, men’s volleyball….

I would imagine that there are less division one programs to give them a problem in those sports.   

They get the majority of their points every year for the Directors Cup  by competing in the Olympic (something like 40ish + total) sports. Not sure how many Florida does, but TEXAS competes in 27.

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They get the majority of their points every year for the Directors Cup  by competing in the Olympic (something like 40ish + total) sports. Not sure how many Florida does, but TEXAS competes in 27.

Florida competes in 21.

Pretty sure Texas competes in just 22, which is what has made winning 2 of the last 3 so impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Florida competes in 21.

Pretty sure Texas competes in just 22, which is what has made winning 2 of the last 3 so impressive.

I read 27 recently but maybe that was wrong (or I misread).

Either way, it's much more impressive for both schools (UT UF) doing it and being competitive with less sports involved.

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Either way, it's much more impressive for both schools (UT UF) doing it and being competitive with less sports involved.

UF competes in SEC conference female gymnastics.

Are we going to start female gymnastics up now in the SEC? I know we never started a men's wrestling team to compete with the Big8 schools that still have wrestling in the Big12.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Swindell did color for the Oregon regional.

Yup. I mean for the future, they could do Texas games and non-Texas games and do a great job. 

They could end up getting more work than they expected. 

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

UF competes in SEC conference female gymnastics.

Are we going to start female gymnastics up now in the SEC? I know we never started a men's wrestling team to compete with the Big8 schools that still have wrestling in the Big12.

I'd be shocked if we don't.  SEC gymnastic meets sell out arenas.   This is the new revenue sport.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I'd be shocked if we don't.  SEC gymnastic meets sell out arenas.   This is the new revenue sport.

But why?  Looks boring as shit.  And college age is over the hill in that sport.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

But why?  Looks boring as shit.  And college age is over the hill in that sport.

It fucking sells.  You think we're really going to pass on a women's sport that generates significant revenue?

25 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I thought they limited the number of sports you can claim for points?

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think so.

Again, a reason the Stanford has dominated that over the years. They are getting points in sports that other schools don't even have.

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It is limited now.  But having more sports means more margin for error to drop the ones that don't do well.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WBT said:

It is limited now.  But having more sports means more margin for error to drop the ones that don't do well.

Yep. That's right. 

Forgot about that, but I remember now one of the announcers saying something about that when I was watching some of the rowing last week.

8 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I don't think so.

Again, a reason the Stanford has dominated that over the years. They are getting points in sports that other schools don't even have.

Up until 2018 these were the rules.  

• NCAA Division I: Counted up to 20 total sports at each school, with a maximum of 10 sports counted for each gender

Now it is 19 total with 4 having to be Baseball, MBB, WBB, WVB.  then the next 15 highest at each school regardless of gender.

Good news for us - Baseball is required so ole CDC might not be happy with a 48th place finish.

58 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They won’t anymore with Livvy gone.

@Helobious- Tell me that you are not a lecherous old perv without telling me that you’re not lecherous old perv. 

You sound like you’ve been castrated, young man.