WCWS 2024 LET'S F'IN GO!!!

Kel Varnsen

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

terrible decision to dive for that one IMO

Boone is a diva of the very highest order, so watching her blow that was must-see TV. Especially after the baserunning gaffe on her lineout cost OU another run. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Boone is a diva of the very highest order, so watching her blow that was must-see TV. Especially after the baserunning gaffe on her lineout cost OU another run. 

She just jogged after she missed it... turned triple into HR

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If OU loses, they’ll have to hang around to watch our game not knowing whether or not they’re playing again today or tomorrow. I love that for them 

I believe that game would be tomorrow regardless.

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I'm not sure if OU just doesn't care because they have one to play with or they just had an easier bracket

I don't know if playing Florida over Stanford is necessarily easier. 

Facing Canady sucks but Florida's lineup is also much better than Stanford's lineup. Only 1 or 2 players in Stanford's lineup may even start for Florida. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Horny Bull said:

I believe that game would be tomorrow regardless.

Correct.  More like "are we the only team playing tomorrow and Texas gets to sit by the pool and chill?" 

I fully get starting May.  Maxwell has pitched a lot, though not at a Rothrock or Canady level, and OU needs to Maxwell as fresh as possible if they want to win 2/3 versus Texas.

Same with Deal coming in.  They do not want to pitch Maxwell more than once against UF if they don't have to - Gasso is hoping her offense can explode and not have to pitch Maxwell at all. 

Edited by Js1

12 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I'm not sure if OU just doesn't care because they have one to play with or they just had an easier bracket

Neither, Florida is just playing well.

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

OU didnt start Maxwell and the scoreline shows it. They are gonna be under intense pressure if Florida can get some stuff going against her later today. 

If Florida wins, OU plays tomorrow.  They want to ensure they can get Texas' game in today.  

Just now, Js1 said:

If Florida wins, OU plays tomorrow.  They want to ensure they can get Texas' game in today.  

Dont they only play tomorrow if we also lose? I thought they were trying to finish the semifinals today. So if we win, they'll try to get the second UF/OU game in tonight

Just now, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Dont they only play tomorrow if we also lose? I thought they were trying to finish the semifinals today. So if we win, they'll try to get the second UF/OU game in tonight

Nope.

NCAA Softball announced Monday afternoon that the Women's College World Series schedule will be adjusted due to an extended weather delay.

In a social media post, they wrote that if Game 12 (FloridaOU) is necessary, it will be played on Tuesday to ensure that Game 13 (Stanford/Texas) is played on Monday, which remains scheduled for 6 p.m.

In the event game 12 is played tomorrow, Game 14 (Stanford/Texas) would also be played tomorrow, if necessary.

If Game 12 is not necessary, we will continue to try to play Game 13 and, if necessary, Game 14, as scheduled today.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nope.

NCAA Softball announced Monday afternoon that the Women's College World Series schedule will be adjusted due to an extended weather delay.

In a social media post, they wrote that if Game 12 (FloridaOU) is necessary, it will be played on Tuesday to ensure that Game 13 (Stanford/Texas) is played on Monday, which remains scheduled for 6 p.m.

In the event game 12 is played tomorrow, Game 14 (Stanford/Texas) would also be played tomorrow, if necessary.

If Game 12 is not necessary, we will continue to try to play Game 13 and, if necessary, Game 14, as scheduled today.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I'm kinda surprised they feel as though they can get game 14 in if necessary, but automatically default to pushing game 12 to tomorrow. I guess the thought is they don't want UF and OU to have to sit around without knowing if they're playing. If Texas were to win, maybe they could get that game in, but if Texas loses, then they do both games tomorrow. So this takes the guess work out of that and just defaults to UF/OU finishing tomorrow if necessary, but Texas/Stanford finishing today pretty much no matter what (baring some weather or something)

Just now, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I'm kinda surprised they feel as though they can get game 14 in if necessary, but automatically default to pushing game 12 to tomorrow. I guess the thought is they don't want UF and OU to have to sit around without knowing if they're playing. If Texas were to win, maybe they could get that game in, but if Texas loses, then they do both games tomorrow. So this takes the guess work out of that and just defaults to UF/OU finishing tomorrow if necessary, but Texas/Stanford finishing today pretty much no matter what (baring some weather or something)

If Texas/Stanford has to play another game, both are tomorrow.  

But yes, they don't want Florida and OU to wait around to see if they have to play after us, so automatically pushed to tomorrow. 

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Almost Bella Dayton fast

Speaking of, someone y'all would like the most recent insta post by Texas Softball

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If Texas/Stanford has to play another game, both are tomorrow.  

But yes, they don't want Florida and OU to wait around to see if they have to play after us, so automatically pushed to tomorrow. 

Speaking of, someone y'all would like the most recent insta post by Texas Softball

giphy.webp

• Haha 2

I fully understand Gasso starting May if the if-necessary game was going to be right after this one.  Once the NCAA made the format change, I probably would have just started Maxwell and try to be done with it today. 

• Like 1