WCWS 2024 LET'S F'IN GO!!!

Kel Varnsen

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

Now we get to end these bitch's reign, and give the Big XII one final fuck you on the way out the door.

but... they're... coming with us to the SEC...

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

We (nearly) all saw that coming when Florida quit hitting. They desperately needed to get up 6-4 but couldn't. That was the difference. 

yes one notable exception

So pitchers in college softball can just throw forever? No inning limit? 200 pitches in 1 day, throwing both games of a doubleheader the next? What about tripleheaders? What if they threw 600 pitches in 1 day? They can throw the same amount the next day? What about a 1000 pitches in 1 day? Seems like that rule needs to change so that there is at least SOME strategy involved. I say that knowing we had Cat all those years ago and basically would do what Stanford did this year. Still seems like a shitty non-rule to have.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

So pitchers in college softball can just throw forever? No inning limit? 200 pitches in 1 day, throwing both games of a doubleheader the next? What about tripleheaders? What if they threw 600 pitches in 1 day? They can throw the same amount the next day? What about a 1000 pitches in 1 day? Seems like that rule needs to change so that there is at least SOME strategy involved. I say that knowing we had Cat all those years ago and basically would do what Stanford did this year. Still seems like a shitty non-rule to have.

I wish the Cowboys were forced to bench Dak from time to time.  Same result I'm sure, and I wouldn't be quite so furious.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

their legs would go before their arm and yes no one cares if a girl throws 500 pitches in 3 games/days.  I think it is part of the reason it is only 7 innings.  you really only need 2 pitchers maybe 1 OK pitcher to roll in midweek games.

Just now, Rholl said:

so for us uninformed….. is it now best 2outta3???

Yes.  Three-game series.

And yeah, I'm aware that the gals don't suffer the same limitations as the guys on the pitching appearance/pitch count front.

Still seems a bit brutal for the whole team to finish up the semis and get one or no days rest before starting up the final.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Yes.  Three-game series.

And yeah, I'm aware that the gals don't suffer the same limitations as the guys on the pitching appearance/pitch count front.

Still seems a bit brutal for the whole team to finish up the semis and get one or no days rest before starting up the final.

The format used to be much worse with a lot fewer days off 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I is there any logic to the thought that since there's not really a pro pathway, that protecting the arm for the long haul isn't a consideration?

6 hours ago, Izhmash said:

I is there any logic to the thought that since there's not really a pro pathway, that protecting the arm for the long haul isn't a consideration?

No.  Throwing underhand doesn't destroy the arm like throwing overhand does.  That's pretty much it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hate to see the run come to an end but the Gators played way above expectations this year.

A young team that was projected to finish 7th in the SEC and just inside the top 20 ended up top 4, SEC Tournament Champs, and taking OU to the limit.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Hate to see the run come to an end but the Gators played way above expectations this year.

A young team that was projected to finish 7th in the SEC and just inside the top 20 ended up top 4, SEC Tournament Champs, and taking OU to the limit.

Agreed, the Gators got hot at the right time of year and the future is bright. It will be interesting to see how Walton replaces the key players he is losing, but Rothrock looked legit over the last week and will win a lot of games for y'all.

Don't see a general softball thread so I'll post this here.  Auburn has new leadership for its softball program.  Husband and wife coming over from Tennessee.  Husband is aggy.

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

I can't think of anything more guaranteed to lead to a divorce than "co-managing" a baseball/softball team with my wife.  

Karen and Ralph Weekly did it for almost 20 years before Ralph retired.

Pretty lackluster hire for a school like Auburn. That program has been wandering the desert for most of it's existence, with the exception of when the Myers gang was there....and that led to all kinds of issues when the son couldn't keep his dick out of his players.