College Station Regional

Horny Bull

Ryan Prager will be who we would see in game 2 if we beat Louisiana. Had we gotten a softer regional I would have probably gone Max, Ace, Lebarron. 

I think I’m leaning Max, Lebarron, Ace and just hoping Lebarron is on that night. If he isn’t, quick leash to Hurley

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Ryan Prager will be who we would see in game 2 if we beat Louisiana. Had we gotten a softer regional I would have probably gone Max, Ace, Lebarron. 

I think I’m leaning Max, Lebarron, Ace and just hoping Lebarron is on that night. If he isn’t, quick leash to Hurley

Cannot throw Lebarron against aggy. That’s a recipe for burning the bullpen arms early in the regional 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Cannot throw Lebarron against aggy. That’s a recipe for burning the bullpen arms early in the regional 

You aren’t burning bullpen arms if you turn the ball over to Hurley and you can’t save Max for game 2. As much as I like Ace, throwing an 85 mph fastball at that A&M lineup is suicide 

Will be an interesting decision and I think the only wrong decision would be throwing Ace against A&M

Never underestimate a team’s ace in the first game of a regional.

I have seen it many times at the Disch.

One of those times was against Grambling where their ace pitched his ass off and almost beat us.

My memory sucks but pretty sure that game went multiple extra innings and that Grambling pitcher went more than nine innings and got a standing ovation from the Texas crowd when he finally came out.

I am sure Aggie message board posters are already drafting up their stories about how Louisiana fans and parents of UL players constantly walked up to them, hat in hand, to tell them how amazing atmosphere at Blue Bell is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You aren’t burning bullpen arms if you turn the ball over to Hurley and you can’t save Max for game 2. As much as I like Ace, throwing an 85 mph fastball at that A&M lineup is suicide 

Will be an interesting decision and I think the only wrong decision would be throwing Ace against A&M

85 or not he’s still been our best starter most of the year. Lebarron, as hard as he throws, is just hoping for something that doesn’t exist. He’s got a whip of 1.75 and his baa is like 300. You cannot rely on that guy in that situation. Ace gets outs and has faced tough lineups before. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

85 or not he’s still been our best starter most of the year. Lebarron, as hard as he throws, is just hoping for something that doesn’t exist. He’s got a whip of 1.75 and his baa is like 300. You cannot rely on that guy in that situation. Ace gets outs and has faced tough lineups before. 

It exists because we have seen it this year. It’s just the flip side has been total meltdowns which is why his numbers are awful. Hell you can even get creative and throw Lebarron one time throw the order, try and get 3/4 innings out of him then bullpen the rest of the game.

I would go with Max game 2 if we could but I don’t think you can, nor do I believe Pierce will go anyone other than Max game 1. In the event he would go someone else game 1 I think he would go Ace.

Ace has also not been nearly as effective since they have gone away from his changeup and I’m not quite sure for the reasoning behind that.

Currently 40% chance of rain Friday in that window of gametime, but will cool off into the mid-80s by 5pm

Actually decent weather temp wise for early June in CS. 

37 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Texas as a 3 seed is laughable. But you get what you deserve with losing to shitty teams. That being said, we are an extremely strong 3 seed and I think UL is not good. That is an easily winnable game. Get Game 1 and the pressure shifts to the Ags. 

We probably will not face aggy by losing first game and then going to losers bracket and losing that one…..we shall see.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

It would be pretty sweet to eliminate both the aggy softball and baseball teams. 

Funny would be us eliminating aggy.  Roll over on the ground in hysterics created by the most massive hit of aggy misery in a long time would be them somehow losing to Grambling and then Louisiana without ever even getting to face Texas.

Likely....no, but it's aggy near the top of the lollercoaster so never count it out.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Most people probably know this but the Cajuns starting 2B is the younger batbros (of batbros youtube channel "fame").   

I did not know that. I enjoy their channel.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I am sure Aggie message board posters are already drafting up their stories about how Louisiana fans and parents of UL players constantly walked up to them, hat in hand, to tell them how amazing atmosphere at Blue Bell is.

And these UL fans came up to me.  these big, strong dads.  With tears in their eyes.  and they said, "Thank you Aggies for all you've done for us.  We cannot thank you enough."  Sadly they had blue bell ice cream afterwards and they died of the dysentery.  But afterwards I got a lovely ladies gold watch.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And these UL fans came up to me.  these big, strong dads.  With tears in their eyes.  and they said, "Thank you Aggies for all you've done for us.  We cannot thank you enough."  Sadly they had blue bell ice cream afterwards and they died of the listeria.  But afterwards I got a lovely ladies gold watch.  

fify

• Hook 'Em 4

Thanks.  i get my dairy-based confection diseases confused.  I don't have the Aggie vet gift for animal-borne transmitted illnesses straightened out.  

csb/ We had our little ones pre-school graduation the other day and they ask everybody what they want to be when they grow up.  And my old UT friend, diehard Orange, his girl gets up there and says, "I want to go to Texas A&M and become a Vet."  So of course, at the little cake reception afterwards, I have to give him some shit.  And he says, "Well she loves animals and some kid on our street told her that he was going to Texas A&M one day to study being a Vet because it's the best place to do that."  And obviously kids change their minds down the road, but he was just mortified.  And I told him my daughter wanted to be a vet and still may very will be one day.  But there are other schools to study and they don't have to all become Aggies.  And we had a slice of cake and a laugh and thanked God for not making us like them.  LET'S GET THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

It exists because we have seen it this year. It’s just the flip side has been total meltdowns which is why his numbers are awful. Hell you can even get creative and throw Lebarron one time throw the order, try and get 3/4 innings out of him then bullpen the rest of the game.

I would go with Max game 2 if we could but I don’t think you can, nor do I believe Pierce will go anyone other than Max game 1. In the event he would go someone else game 1 I think he would go Ace.

Ace has also not been nearly as effective since they have gone away from his changeup and I’m not quite sure for the reasoning behind that.

DP is gonna run the numbers to find the favorable matchups, if there are any.

If we can get by ULaLa with minimal bullpen usage, I wouldn’t be surprised with some creativity in game 2.  Like you said, LBJ one time thru then Andre for 1/2 then Gage.  Or maybe Ace over LBJ.

With Grambling as a 4, we’re likely better off losing game 1 than game 2.  I doubt he’d do it, but I’d go way down the depth chart versus Grambling.

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Texas as a 3 seed is laughable. But you get what you deserve with losing to shitty teams. That being said, we are an extremely strong 3 seed and I think UL is not good. That is an easily winnable game. Get Game 1 and the pressure shifts to the Ags. 

Interestingly enough. ULaLa lost to Houston Christian, which was probably our easiest game of the year.  They also were 0-2 in their conference tourney.  They did sweep Tx St though.