College Station Regional

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

I may make the trip over for the weekend.  What’s the best way to get tickets?  Aggy box office or do you just have to go through a third party like StubHub or SeatGeek?

Gotta get in line and put your name on the list 

image.jpeg.1e9d493994d08a97663b4911e07ca79b.jpeg

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

As I’ve thought more about it, DP has the opportunity to make the ballsiest move of all time.  And piss many of you off.

This regional could go anywhere from 3 to 5 games for the winning team.

The Aggies are better.  They aren’t going to blow a top arm in game 1.  Grambling lost by a combined 47-3 versus the Pigs and LSU.  Both games ended after 7.

We are likely better off losing game 1 than game 2.  Lose game 1, and you get Grambling.  They gave up 10 or more runs 21 times against the number 274th schedule.  20 runs 5 times.  If we hit, and we should, then any arm we throw should be sufficient.

ULaLa will have used their top 2 guys.  The Aggies will have used their top guy.  We need to win 4.  We will likely need to beat them twice whether it’s winners bracket or losers bracket.

Go Cody Howard.  If he somehow comes thru, you’ve still got your top 3 starters plus Hurley.  If we lose, we have a winnable game and should be able to piece together and preserve our staff.  So our choice versus ULala #3 or Aggies #2.

Our least likely win is versus Aggies #1.

It will never happen, but if Pierce is going down, it might as well be in flames.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

As I’ve thought more about it, DP has the opportunity to make the ballsiest move of all time.  And piss many of you off.

The Aggies are better.  They aren’t going to blow a top arm in game 1.  Grambling lost by a combined 47-3 versus the Pigs and LSU.  Both games ended after 7.

We are likely better off losing game 1 than game 2.  Lose game 1, and you get Grambling.  They gave up 10 or more runs 21 times against the number 274th schedule.  20 runs 5 times.  If we hit, and we should, then any arm we throw should be sufficient.

ULaLa will have used their top 2 guys.  The Aggies will have used their top guy.  We need to win 4.  We will likely need to beat them twice whether it’s winners bracket or losers bracket.

Go Cody Howard.  If he somehow comes thru, you’ve still got your top 3 starters plus Hurley.  If we lose, we have a winnable game and should be able to piece together and preserve our staff.  So our choice versus ULala #3 or Aggies #2.

It will never happen, but if Pierce is going down, it might as well be in flames.

Had a similar conversation with @B00M last night about this. The agent of chaos in me wants us to win this regional after losing the first game just to see how the fuck we would pull that off. 

But 3-0 would be a lot cooler. 

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

If we wanted to play Grambling we should have played our way to hosting.  Little late to shoot for that now.

53 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I see what you're saying, but I don't ever want to see Baylor Howard on the mound again. How about Tumis or Lummus?

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I see what you're saying, but I don't ever want to see Baylor Howard on the mound again. How about Tumis or Lummus?

I’d say Lummus or Hamilton is fine.  We’re not throwing the game.  If you get into the 6th and we’re ahead or tied, maybe close, then you can play accordingly.

The worst thing we can do is chase game 1 and lose it and have 3 guys burned or mostly burned.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Had a similar conversation with @B00M last night about this. The agent of chaos in me wants us to win this regional after losing the first game just to see how the fuck we would pull that off. 

But 3-0 would be a lot cooler. 

My guess is that you’d take a regional win anyway you get it.  3-0 would be great.  I don’t need style points.  Just advance.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Guys like Howard may not even be active. You can only have 27 active in the postseason.

C (2)- Schuessler, Galvan

INF (6)- Thomas, Kennedy, O'Dowd, Flores, Powell, Borba

OF (5)- Belyeu, Gasparino, Brown, Duplantier, Farmer, maybe Werchan or Cummings but I don't see a use for a 6th outfielder

P (13)- Grubbs, Whitehead, Hurley, LBJ, Boehm, Duplantier, O'Hara, Tumis, Hamilton, Lummus, Harrison, Shaw (I guess), Tole (I guess)

That leaves one spot. Maybe you dress and travel someone like Witt for culture and to be around in the dugout. If we need an actual 14th pitcher to appear in a game, then we are toast anyway.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Guys like Howard may not even be active. You can only have 27 active in the postseason.

OF (5)- Belyeu, Gasparino, Brown, Duplantier, Farmer, maybe Werchan or Cummings but I don't see a use for a 6th outfielder

P (13)- Grubbs, Whitehead, Hurley, LBJ, Boehm, Duplantier, O'Hara, Tumis, Hamilton, Lummus, Harrison, Shaw (I guess), Tole (I guess)

That leaves one spot. Maybe you dress and travel someone like Witt for culture and to be around in the dugout. If we need an actual 14th pitcher to appear in a game, then we are toast anyway.

If you wanted to be really mean and candid we could cut that 13 pitchers in half lol. I would assume Witt travels and dresses

One thing to remember as well that won't make a massive difference but could make a subtle one, would be that if we do beat UL on Friday, with us being the 3 seed we would be the home team in game 2 against A&M

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Had Enough said:

giphy.gif.8ec78ea2b935d0830665f35920d7e98a.gif

Almost as good of a strategy as running 5 plays and gaining 34 total yards in Q3 of the Sugar Bowl so that we could keep our offense fresh for the 4th quarter.

18 hours ago, Had Enough said:

“Never save a pitcher for tomorrow. Tomorrow it may rain”. -Leo Durocher

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm already tired of the bubbles and the "ball 5" jackassery and the "whoos" and "whoops", and we haven't even started play yet.  Those idiots could turn synchronized group sharting into a turdition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t see value of Dee & Odowd. Take Dee and add another pitcher. 
Of course now Odowd will probably go 9-9 with 4 HR but I would add arms vs an inconsistent Infielder

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm already tired of the bubbles and the "ball 5" jackassery and the "whoos" and "whoops", and we haven't even started play yet.  Those idiots could turn synchronized group sharting into a turdition.

He was annoying but I know it annoyed them more so let’s get softball airhorn guy to CS 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don’t know how airhorn guy was allowed at the softball supers.  Artificial noisemakers are specifically prohibited at both softball and baseball games for NCAA sponsored games

Wonder if he was "officially" in the stands or not. I didn't pay enough atttention. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I don’t see value of Dee & Odowd. Take Dee and add another pitcher. 
Of course now Odowd will probably go 9-9 with 4 HR but I would add arms vs an inconsistent Infielder

I don’t see the value in taking 14-15 pitchers. If we have to use more than 7-8 arms in this regional we are screwed anyway.

And yes, there is absolutely value in carrying both O’Dowd and Kennedy as it gives you flexibility for pinch hitting/pinch running/defensive replacement 

• Hook 'Em 3

I don’t know how airhorn guy was allowed at the softball supers.  Artificial noisemakers are specifically prohibited at both softball and baseball games for NCAA sponsored games

Yeah dude was on a public sidewalk outside the stadium. I guess they could have called APD and waited for them to show up.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t see the value in taking 14-15 pitchers. If we have to use more than 7-8 arms in this regional we are screwed anyway.

And yes, there is absolutely value in carrying both O’Dowd and Kennedy as it gives you flexibility for pinch hitting/pinch running/defensive replacement 

I just hate seeing ODowd slap his jersey after every fucking fishing expedition at home plate saying "my bad guys". He also is a shitty fielder and you wouldn't put him in as pinch runner. I get your point but given how random Texas pitching has been you may be having quick hooks. But really the bullpen is an exercise in hoping until you get to Gage so who fucking knows.

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just hate seeing ODowd slap his jersey after every fucking fishing expedition at home plate saying "my bad guys". He also is a shitty fielder and you wouldn't put him in as pinch runner. I get your point but given how random Texas pitching has been you may be having quick hooks. But really the bullpen is an exercise in hoping until you get to Gage so who fucking knows.

I could look at the bracket and figure it out, but what is the highest # of games a team could play in a regional?  Whatever that # is, I'm not at all convinced we should be pitcher-lite.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I could look at the bracket and figure it out, but what is the highest # of games a team could play in a regional?  Whatever that # is, I'm not at all convinced we should be pitcher-lite.

5. Lose one of the first two and you have to go 4-1 to make it all the way through. Win the first two and you could go 3-0 or 3-1 to advance.

• Hook 'Em 1

of course we want to win the first game.  I still think throwing LBJ is a decent option.  the problem is we don't have a sure fire #1.  normally you might throw your #2 against the 2 seed and save the ace for aggy.

that said it will probably be Grubbs.  if we win its Ace and if we lose its bullpen.

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I believe he was beyond the left field wall.

13 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Win this Regional Pierce and I will forgive all the bullshit your team has done this year.

Big dick move is firing him after they beat aggy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Big dick move is firing him after they beat aggy. 

... and hiring Schloss away from them...

... and posting Schloss with Sark and CDC, and the game scoreboard in the background...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

I prefer:

1.  A&M beats Grambling

2.  we beat Louisiana

3.  we fire Pierce and hire Schloss

4.  we beat A&M

5.  A&M comes out of the loser's bracket

6.  we beat A&M

7.  whoop!

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I prefer:

1.  A&M beats Grambling

2.  we beat Louisiana

3.  we fire Pierce and hire Schloss

4.  we beat A&M

5.  A&M comes out of the loser's bracket

6.  we beat A&M

7.  furk!

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

FIFY

On 5/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, InkaUtexas said:

Would you want to use theirs?

My tickets for the Cotton Bowl vs LSU in 2002 were down on the OU side of the field; didn’t fucking like it at all and moved before kick….

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

One of my biggest frustrations with the game threads is that things like the head coaching position and regional prospects become big topics of conversation instead of, you know, what we are actually doing at that moment. Like yes I get that winning this early season tournament, midweek game, weekend series, or (shudder) conference tournament are not nearly as important as who is head coach or what might happen in June but it is what Texas is playing for right now and so can we talk about that in the game thread please?

Remember when you said this in the fuck Pierce thread?

23 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Win this Regional Pierce and I will forgive all the bullshit your team has done this year.

And then you do this…..you sneaky fuck  

image.gif.52a680c1b46aad2406443847a6ff294c.gif

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Fuck Schloss.  If you’ll associate with those idiots, that’s your death sentence. I don’t want that cocksucker anywhere near Texas baseball.

That too. Plus he just seems like a major cocksucker. 

Anyways, who’s getting the ball Friday?

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

That too. Plus he just seems like a major cocksucker. 

Anyways, who’s getting the ball Friday?

I'd like to be wrong but have to believe it is Grubbs.

• Hook 'Em 1