College Station Regional

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn looking at the schedule on ESPN app, all the college baseball games are on ESPN plus tomorrow or is that wrong?  

Some will be moved to the regular ESPN channels. I think they just wait for the matchups to be finalized.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hat tip to Pierce for sticking with Brown and going back to Kennedy despite O’Dowd having a good Big 12 tournament. Paid off today.

18-2 in regional games at Texas, some would say he is the new Rob

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Gracias. Then will be a fun afternoon of Texas ball!

I’ve got to go (well I’m happy to go) to Austin under 40 awards tomorrow for a dear friend who has been nominated so I’ll be watching both Sunday morning most likely. So y’all can all rejoice in the silence from my absence. No dick jokes, no sex jokes, no profanity, but I’m sure someone can pick up the slack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, troph said:

image.thumb.png.0cb80d551bb87209d8fd016963c4f8d2.png

Uh Huh Ok GIF by Bengals

thank god they are aggy, we need a steps on their dicks stat to show the real story.

Aggy played 58 games. 30 of which are SEC conference games, more than half.

aggy has 289 SO in conference. The other 900+ came against their non-conference opponents. The NC SOS is 130th.

They have a 4.72 ERA in conference. 

https://storage.googleapis.com/secsports-prod/upload/2024/06/01/c93bf951-31c3-43f3-9aa1-87e3df490527.pdf

Edited by Balcones
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I fear this is going to be a frustrating night:

IMG_0687.jpeg

If it were a batting stat, awesome.  As a pitching stat, not so much.

I don't think that stat is accurate.

Texas Sports shows Texas pitching with 473 strikeouts

12th Man website shows aTm pitching with 601.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Yep. Those ESPN stats are fake news. I added the SEC stats page to my post. Aggy only has 601 SO for year.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

If it were a batting stat, awesome.  As a pitching stat, not so much.

And they've allowed more hits and more walks, but our WHIP is still way higher, with the same # of games played?

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20240531-221545_kindlephoto-1974941.png.5b659d3e9342122e60f937c823aceaad.png

and thus why we are in aggy regional.  ESPN didn't care about anything else as long as they got this potential matchup on Sat.

now lets kick some ass.  bring the bats.

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

With a 3-run dinger in bottom of 9th.

With 2 out.

And a full count...with all three balls being close enough to elicit howls of another sip conspiracy from every overall-clad Cletus in the park. 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Biggest game in Pierce's coaching career at Texas. He wins this regional and he likely gets another season. Nothing extends good will more than beating aggy in their home regional.

I have a weird feeling that we are going to show up and play great tonight. Does that mean we will win for sure, no. But I do think we are gonna get some runs and be very competitive. 

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Biggest game in Pierce's coaching career at Texas. He wins this regional and he likely gets another season. Nothing extends good will more than beating aggy in their home regional.

He needs to have a short leash.  And we need to be patient at the plate, which I thought we did well last night.  We may not have the bats against their arms today, but Pierce needs to keep us out of them having big innings.  Keep it close and steal this one.

3 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

^^^ I can cover the profanity.

had sex twice this am, we’re good

Just now, Had Enough said:

Y’all ever heard of a guy by the name of Paul Skenes?

You might look and see which team was the last to rough him up in the postseason.

IMG_0481.png

I have a feeling we will be ready tonight. Hopefully we start Lebarron, see how the first time through the order goes. Stretch him as long as you can, if he is somehow able to give you 5 innings I’m giving the ball straight to Gage, if Lebarron can’t go 5 I’m using Ace to fill in the gap.

image.gif.6fe1c1294809592c9db5ffd8e2f530a8.gif