College Station Regional

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude actually shut the fuck up. We’ve thrown almost 100 more pitches than them. 

Congrats. You got what you wanted, a loss. You haven’t said one positive thing about this team all year. Go fuck yourself and keep being miserable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Get used to it boys unless we steal him from them. Good thing Football is going to slap that ass for the foreseeable future. 

A&M is who we thought they were. If you want to jizz in your jizz jar, jizz in their ass. But A&M is who we thought they were and we let them off the hook.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Honestly, it's surprising that it was such a close extra inning game the way we've played all year. Flores's errors really drive home the crappy season it's been. Losing midweek games by huge margins, series loss to byu, etc., etc. Didn't we also have shitty luck with our portal players, and then Witt not recovering from his TJ surgery. It fucking sucks, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Man what the fuck was that play at third base.

The ball hit the bag. If he charges it and fields it in front of the base, he’s not throwing the runner out at first.  He’s got to try to field it right at the bag so he can step on the bag. Just bad luck there.  The loss is on Flores 100%. 

Edited by cabowabo

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We burned through our best arms. Wouldn’t surprise me if ULL finishes us off tomorrow 

Seems pretty likely. And yeah if we won that would set us up for a home run derby with aggy. And that would suck.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Thats our hitters’ fault as much as our pitchers. 

Yep. Though it did help that aggy likes to throw pitches around the strike zone for the most part. Our guys love to get ahead and then throw pitches 3-4' off the plate or bounce one 2' in front of the plate.

Edited by HtownHorn

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Great game with suboptimal results.  Hopefully some of you will spend the day tomorrow torturing helpless animals or beating your kids so I don’t have to listen to you

We did play great. It's true. Sucks to lose.

Just a little beaten this season. Sorry man.

1 minute ago, jw4381 said:

Honestly, it's surprising that it was such a close extra inning game the way we've played all year. Flores's errors really drive home the crappy season it's been. Losing midweek games by huge margins, series loss to byu, etc., etc. Didn't we also have shitty luck with our portal players, and then Witt not recovering from his TJ surgery. It fucking sucks, man.

Yep.

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

The ball hit the bag. If he charges it and fields it in front of the base, he’s not throwing the runner out at first.  He’s got to try to field it right at the bag so he can step on the bag. The loss is on Flores 100%. 

It was a force at third. You can put your foot on the bag or close to it and field the ball out in front. You’re never taught to field the ball behind a possible obstruction like that.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

I’ll get shit for this but Schloss is going to win them a title there 

You’ll get something right eventually. Here or the football board. Don’t give up 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No it wasn't. It was damn entertaining, a great game. The outcome was in doubt for 11 innings. Sometimes, you lose.

Whereas I'm disgusted with our shitty fans.

Yep. They are all about to show up and shit on everything. They stay quiet all game and then come out after a loss. 

Just now, WBT said:

The issue was he missed the ball.  He was laying on the bag and somehow the ball bounced off his chest.  I didn't see it hit the bag but I don't know what happened.

from what I saw the ball hit the bag.  he was too deep to get the previous hop.  if he does come hard he's not going to be able to get back to 3rd and had no chance at first or second.

I think he was going to try to field the ball sitting on or dragging across the bag and it hits the bag and pops up.

didn't really matter because we were toast at the plate and were done on the mound.

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

The issue was he missed the ball.  He was laying on the bag and somehow the ball bounced off his chest.  I didn't see it hit the bag but I don't know what happened.

Hit the bag then his chest 

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Man what the fuck was that play at third base.

Pretty sure the ball hit the bag and popped out of Peyton's glove because of that. 

Don't throw the ball away ( and the game ) in the top of the 8th and that play never happens. 

The cruel mistress showed up tonight. 

Sometimes, that's the way baseball goes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Flores error was the soul crusher. That was a horrible horrible error and cost ut the game  

that ball to third, he hesitated for a second and it ate him up 

Correct. PP doesnt get the chance to choke if it isnt for PP shitting down his leg TWICE in the 8th inning. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The issue was that he choked. The moment was too big for him and you saw it coming the second the ball was hit and you saw his scared approach. 

He shit the bed at the plate too.   Had the one single but nada when it counted.   Swung at everything.   Easy out most of the night.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Flores and Powell will get the heat but my god going 4 1/3 without a hit is awful. This team was hanging on by a thread for the majority of the game and we still had to fuck it up for them to win. If I was LBJ/Gage/Dre/Lummus I would livid right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The issue was that he choked. The moment was too big for him and you saw it coming the second the ball was hit and you saw his scared approach. 

Man, give it a rest. 

The game was lost with two errors in the 8th. Missed opportunities at the plate after.