College Station Regional

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Flores error was the soul crusher. That was a horrible horrible error and cost ut the game  

that ball to third, he hesitated for a second and it ate him up 

Errors….plural

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Flores and Powell will get the heat but my god going 4 1/3 without a hit is awful. This team was hanging on by a thread for the majority of the game and we still had to fuck it up for them to win. If I was LBJ/Gage/Dre/Lummus I would livid right now. 

Doesn’t matter really. Flores 2 throwing errors cost the game. 

Guys, I’m out of the country and reading this page you would have thought Texas lost 16 to 0. I looked on ESPN and saw 4 to 2 in the 11th inning. Pearce isn’t getting fired over that performance. Of course I didn’t watch the game and if they lose the next one and go home, he may be out of a job. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Brandywine said:

Guys, I’m out of the country and reading this page you would have thought Texas lost 16 to 0. I looked on ESPN and saw 4 to 2 in the 11th inning. Pearce isn’t getting fired over that performance. Of course I didn’t watch the game and if they lose the next one and go home, he may be out of a job. 

We have no arms left. We burned them all tonight trying to win. His job security wont be dictated by whether we beat UL or not. Nobody has any expectations for this team going forward. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Flores & Powell really shat themselves tonight, but is there really any doubt that we’re winning the first game tomorrow? Loiusiana is terrible. 

nooooooooooooo......

• Haha 1

Of course he isn’t getting fired over that performance.

Hopefully he’s getting fired because in Year 8, we fucking suck donkey balls at just about everything that good teams do
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Flores & Powell really shat themselves tonight, but is there really any doubt that we’re winning the first game tomorrow? Loiusiana is terrible. 

Pretty sure they have BOTH their #1 and #2 starters still available. Even if we get past them, we will run out of pitching before we get thru 3 games.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Fielded a ball and stepped on the base?

Yep. Almost the exact play, just calmly fielded the ball and stepped on the bag. Our left infield had the yips.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

No, what?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

they are terrible and we will win convincingly 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

We were lucky and LBJ was salty to keep a narrow lead and even the tie/extras. Aggy aggied. 

We had no room for errors and first pitch flyouts and strikeouts, but that's all we did. 

We are now fucked like Chuck. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, Brandywine said:

He shouldn't get fired because of tonight. He should get fired because his teams are fundamentally unsound. Too many mistakes in the field, bad approaches at the plate, and horrible pitch execution on the mound. He doesn't develop his pitchers, and calls a horrible game as the pitching coach. His teams are inconsistent and he does less with the talent that he has than other teams, and he's regularly outcoached. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gobble Pierce’s dick pussy

Fuck you and that piece of shit Hornsby.  Our guys played their heart out all you can do is shit all over them.  I sure hope you’ve never made a fucking mistake in your life, but you both still seem like miserable pieces of shit.  Go beat your wives you miserable pricks 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Of course he isn’t getting fired over that performance.

Hopefully he’s getting fired because in Year 8, we fucking suck donkey balls at just about everything that good teams do

I’ve never been a big fan of his. Just another poor hire from the last interim AD, 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t matter really. Flores 2 throwing errors cost the game. 

It definitely does. Flores let them tie the game which sucks but we had opportunities to either go home 2-0 or not give up the winning run. It’s a massive mound of shit with Flores unfortunately at the top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fuck you and that piece of shit Hornsby.  Our guys played their heart out all you can do is shit all over them.  I sure hope you’ve never made a fucking mistake in your life, but you both still seem like miserable pieces of shit.  Go beat your wives you miserable pricks 

Flores deserves to be shit on. The same way Blake Gideon is shit on after all these years. Pierce deserves to be shit on. Fuck your feelings you cry baby bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Pretty sure they have BOTH their #1 and #2 starters still available. Even if we get past them, we will run out of pitching before we get thru 3 games.

That strategy was offered up on this very board.  Save your arms for games 3, 4 and 5 and the winners bracket game eat up arms while the loser gets Grambling.

If Ace and Hurley can be on, there’s a chance but not sure what you do in that third game, if it comes to that.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The first one was actually somewhat excusable, the second not at all. 

How is throwing the ball over the 1st baseman's head on a routine ground ball excusable?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

It definitely does. Flores let them tie the game which sucks but we had opportunities to either go home 2-0 or not give up the winning run. It’s a massive mound of shit with Flores unfortunately at the top. 

None of the other shit piles up if not for Flores errors. We win 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

horrible pitch execution

My favorite is when we throw 2 strike pitches that are so far off the plate that they wouldn't fool an autistic dancing kid, then we go from 0-2 to a walk.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

How is throwing the ball over the 1st baseman's head on a routine ground ball excusable?

He laid out to field the ball and probably should have just eaten it. The second one was routine. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

None of the other shit piles up if not for Flores errors. We win 

I forget you fail to look at anything holistically. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

That strategy was offered up on this very board.  Save your arms for games 3, 4 and 5 and the winners bracket game eat up arms while the loser gets Grambling.

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

So you tank Game 1 to get to beat Grambling to then set yourself up to beat ULaLa once and aggy twice.  Or you win Game 1 and set yourself up to have to beat aggy twice.  It's a real conundrum.

The goal is to win the regional, not to get a game against Grambling to pad your stats.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Pierce improved the offense pretty much across the board compared to late stage Augie. 

Defense has slipped under Pierce. 

But the killer is that pitching just has not been consistently good during his tenure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How could you look at his two throwing errors as anything but failure and costing us the game? Explain

Whatever man, you’re not even reading what I’m saying.

Im Out Season 8 GIF by The Office

Posted (edited)

The Powell play was anything but routine. That was not an “error”. With runners in motion and the ball hugging the line you have to make a split second decision.

It should have never gotten to that point though. We tempted fate the entire night.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

where was that LBJ all year?  If he shows up we aren't in this position.

Still a lot of wasted pitches, but it felt like the mindset that he didn’t need to go 8 innings helped a lot. 5 from him and 4 from Gage was absolute perfection. Curious if Gage has a decision to make this summer

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WBT said:

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

So you tank Game 1 to get to beat Grambling to then set yourself up to beat ULaLa once and aggy twice.  Or you win Game 1 and set yourself up to have to beat aggy twice.  It's a real conundrum.

The goal is to win the regional, not to get a game against Grambling to pad your stats.

The goal is to win the regional.  That’s exactly right.

We did almost pull off this game, but that still leaves us with limited options for game 3 and game 4, if need be.  Gage could come back.  Andre could as well, but that’s hope that they’re effective.

Grambling being a non-competitive 4 seed changes the dynamics.  A top flight, amongst the best in the country lefty is a tough matchup and also changes the dynamics.  The Aggies #2 and 3 starters give up 3 and 4 more earned runs a game than Prager.

We could go #3 or #4 or #5 against UL and still have a chance to win.  But if we lose, it truly was no big damn deal.

As it stands now, we’re in an incredibly tight spot because our pitching is taxed.  And we’re still in the same position had we lost game 1 and won game 2.

Edited by Had Enough

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The Powell play was anything but routine. That was not an “error”. With runners in motion and the ball hugging the line you have to make a split second decision.

It should have never gotten to that point though. We tempted fate the entire night.

We will have to agree to disagree here. In that situation you run to the bag, plant a foot on it and field the ball in front of the bag. Instead, he hesitated and then panicked because he hesitated and failed to field it cleanly because he was rushing to make the play. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

As it stands now, we’re in an incredibly tight spot because our pitching is taxed.  And we’re still in the same position had we lost game 1 and won game 2.

Exactly, we're in the same spot now as we would have been in the best case with the lose game 1 plan.  The difference is we had a chance tonight and lost.  But the let's play Grambling at all cost plan never gives you a chance at all.  This team doesn't have the pitching - their only chance was to go 2-0.

Edited by WBT

Just now, WBT said:

Exactly.  We had a chance tonight and lost.  But the let's play Grambling at all cost plan never gives you a chance at all.  This team doesn't have the pitching - their only chance was to go 2-0.

Yeah. The season ended tonight barring an offensive explosion that renders our pitching situation irrelevant. They have not shown that capability all year. This regional is chalked for us. 

5 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Still a lot of wasted pitches, but it felt like the mindset that he didn’t need to go 8 innings helped a lot. 5 from him and 4 from Gage was absolute perfection. Curious if Gage has a decision to make this summer

He should have had the mindset to go 6 all year.  that is all we needed from him any game he pitched. but yes he wastes a lot of pitches.