College Station Regional

Horny Bull

44 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

You think LBJ could throw after how many pitches he threw last night. 
No way. He did well last night but was still spiking balls in dirt every batter, he just worked his way out of it. I can’t see him being able to pitch. 

No in the alternate bold strategy offered up, he hasn’t pitched yet.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I almost made the comment before the regional started.

If we were going to lose a game it needed to be the first one. We could have used yesterday as basically a rest day for all our quality arms against Grambling and headed into today with Boehm, Dre, Whitehead and maybe even LBJ still available.

Losing the second game burned more trusted arms and left us in a worst spot.

Absolutely.  I thought using Andre for 2+ innings was a poor choice  in game 1too.  Since the first week of the season, how often have we given up 13 runs?  

Amazing how one extra-inning loss brings out the vagina in everyone. We’re winning game 1 today, we fucking destroyed that same team just two days ago. Game 2 is more of a toss up but we have a fighting chance. We played terribly and A&M still needed 11 innings and some help to win.

• Hook 'Em 1

Now that the weeping, wailing, and what-if'ing has died down a bit, I need to say something that may already have been addressed, and maybe should be in Unpopular Opinions, but...

The next person I see wuth a bubble machine is going to bleed.

Age-appropriate, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I almost made the comment before the regional started.

If we were going to lose a game it needed to be the first one. We could have used yesterday as basically a rest day for all our quality arms against Grambling and headed into today with Boehm, Dre, Whitehead and maybe even LBJ still available.

Losing the second game burned more trusted arms and left us in a worst spot.

Intentionally losing a game in a double elimination tournament is fucking insane. 

Also, intentionally losing because you’re scared to play A&M has to be grounds for UT fan card revocation. Jesus fucking christ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Intentionally losing a game in a double elimination tournament is fucking insane. 

Also, intentionally losing because you’re scared to play A&M has to be grounds for UT fan card revocation. Jesus fucking christ. 

When I say intentionally lose games? I said if we were going to drop one it would have been more beneficial to have it be the first one considering who our 4 seed is.

1 minute ago, Levi said:

There’s no way Schloss likes the bubbles. When they went up 3-2 then 4-2, the amount of bubbles was insane and has to be distracting as a batter 

Then he should speak up.  But, he's a weasel, so he won't.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If it was an isolated occurrence (poor pitching), I'd say bad luck.  But our pitching has been subpar by Texas standards for most of Pierce's tenure.

To his credit, though, I guess, he's managed to "develop" pitchers enough in the past that they can put together reasonable post-season performances.

I was questioning bad luck as the culprit of the quantity of severe arm injuries

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Then he should speak up.  But, he's a weasel, so he won't.

It’s aggy. Traditions are more important than anything so he probably understands that is a battle he will lose. 

24 minutes ago, Levi said:

There’s no way Schloss likes the bubbles. When they went up 3-2 then 4-2, the amount of bubbles was insane and has to be distracting as a batter 

Plus, they're childish and fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Absolutely.  I thought using Andre for 2+ innings was a poor choice  in game 1too.  Since the first week of the season, how often have we given up 13 runs?  

There were people on here worried about our 7 run lead in the 8th.

57 minutes ago, Helobious said:

How the fuck have we gotten to the point where you are the sane and rational person on this board...... 

• Haha 2

It’s a moot point since Ace was already announced last night but I would have started Easton Tumis game 1. If Hurley is used in any capacity out of the pen against ULL in the 1st game we legitimately might be starting Lummus in game 2 against A&M assuming we win the 1st. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

It’s a moot point since Ace was already announced last night but I would have started Easton Tumis game 1. If Hurley is used in any capacity out of the pen against ULL in the 1st game we legitimately might be starting Lummus in game 2 against A&M assuming we win the 1st. 

Who would we be pitching in Game 3, assuming we pull the rabbit out of the hat and get there?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Who would we be pitching in Game 3, assuming we pull the rabbit out of the hat and get there?

Grubbs, LBJ, Boehm, et al for as long as they can go.

Edited by zlavydra
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Snake farm…

Edited by davi34

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Amazing how one extra-inning loss brings out the vagina in everyone. We’re winning game 1 today, we fucking destroyed that same team just two days ago. Game 2 is more of a toss up but we have a fighting chance. We played terribly and A&M still needed 11 innings and some help to win.

"We played terribly." Uh, not really, overall. The terrible plays were the reason Texas lost and A&M didn't. Texas pitched extremely well - well enough it win.

It's entirely pragmatic to understand why so many here believe winning last night was basically the only shot Texas had to capture this regional. Texas is short on pitching and now must win two games to throw our best arms again. Besides, don't underestimate the emotion of the loss last night for this team, or the fact that this is still college baseball, which carries significant potential for chaos. ULL may indeed beat Texas. On the other hand, Texas could win both today. Nevertheless, the likelihood of now winning this regional is now minuscule, at best. 

37 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I need the hopium that yall are taking. We got no pitching. We will need 10+ runs a game to get this done. 

We've all seen this team step up and take a series from good teams this year, but this is a different situation entirely for sure.  For starters, we need to sweep the next 3 games, and given the chance, the last two would be against a fantastic team.  I hate A&M as much as anyone not named @RandoIph Duke, but anyone who watched our games against them this year and still thinks we're at their level is delusional.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, davi34 said:

Snake farm…

I was also going to say I would not be surprised to see him start if we made it to Monday. Yikes

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

You didn't get a voice mail about your availability?

I thought he was a second baseman? 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Balcones said:

There were people on here worried about our 7 run lead in the 8th.

Yeah, I know.  We have a considerably more capable staff than people give us credit for having.  Obviously each guy is not on every day.  I think KState rallied down big on us, but there was a big assist or two defensively.

Lots of guys can and have gotten outs.

And we have some decent arms yet to go.  DP will choose based on matchups 

1 hour ago, petscii said:

How the fuck have we gotten to the point where you are the sane and rational person on this board...... 

I’m sure I was included in this thought.  This regional was always going through the Aggies and having to beat them twice in all likelihood.  There’s no bonuses for going 2-0 against them.

Posted (edited)

LFG.

Last night while I was picking up Thai food in Redmond the bar had the game on.  I was listening to the game while driving home from work as I like to.

IMG_1548.jpeg

Edited by petscii

Just now, zlavydra said:

Who gets on the board with the first my bad" tap of the day?

It’s not a my bad tap, it’s a tap on the heart to keep fighting with 2 strikes, why they only do it once they get to 2 strikes

Just now, chase25 said:

It’s not a my bad tap, it’s a tap on the heart to keep fighting with 2 strikes, why they only do it once they get to 2 strikes

I'll take the loss. Ace looking good.