College Station Regional

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Anyone know how the home teams rules work in a regional. Like does A&M have to use the visitors locker room today?

We are home team, they use their dugout all weekend

14 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

"Great scene across campus."

That is one ugly ass campus, you dweeb.

Wife and I were watching y’all last night, and she asked why they built the baseball field next to a junior high school

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Rob?

Rob was 32-17 in regional games at A&M. Rob was 7-9 in Super Regional games. Rob never won a game in the CWS.

What is Pierce?

Edited by Balcones

19 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Rob was 32-17 in regional games at A&M. Rob was 7-9 in Super Regional games. Rob never won a game in the CWS.

What is Pierce?

It was a joke, you don’t have to be standing at attention like a guard dog at all times. Pierce is 15-2 (not 18-2, I misspoke) 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

"Maybe we will beat them by 514 strikeouts..."

Show me a strike, bitches!  

2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’ve always been jealous of ambidextrous guys …

Reminds me of an awkward story (which all of my encounters usually are).  I was lecturing a class and was using both hands to write something out on the dry erase board.  And somebody asked me if I was ambidextrous.  I said, "Well, I don't really think that's a thing anymore.  If you have two hands, you're just more dominant with one than the other.  I'm not 50/50, but probably 70/30.  Anybody with two hands is ambidextrous."  And of course, a kid raises his hand and says, "some of us don't have the two hands."  Sure enough, he was missing a hand.  As usual, I'm the asshole.  I wanted to send him a gift from Jim Abbott but felt it would be in poor taste as per usual.  

But in honor of Jim and ambidextrous people alike, let's no-hit A&M tonight.  HOOK EM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Reminds me of an awkward story (which all of my encounters usually are).  I was lecturing a class and was using both hands to write something out on the dry erase board.  And somebody asked me if I was ambidextrous.  I said, "Well, I don't really think that's a thing anymore.  If you have two hands, you're just more dominant with one than the other.  I'm not 50/50, but probably 70/30.  Anybody with two hands is ambidextrous."  And of course, a kid raises his hand and says, "some of us don't have the two hands."  Sure enough, he was missing a hand.  As usual, I'm the asshole.  I wanted to send him a gift from Jim Abbott but felt it would be in poor taste as per usual.  

But in honor of Jim and ambidextrous people alike, let's no-hit A&M tonight.  HOOK EM

Gotta hand it to you, that was great.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I call one “dominant” and the other “strange” …

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think we are the home team because we were the 3 seed but they still use their own locker room. 

Good -- our guys don't need to see what weird ass shit goes on in there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I have a weird feeling that we are going to show up and play great tonight. Does that mean we will win for sure, no. But I do think we are gonna get some runs and be very competitive. 

I would expect they do. His teams seem to over achieve in regionals. He’s got that part down. Pretty good at supers too. No comment on the rest. But I’ve always thought his teams out perform their regular season performance in the post season. 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Louisiana started a bullpen guy against Grambling.

Will still have their best two starters available headed into tomorrow where they will need to win twice.

Yeah that is the only negative having a 4 seed as bad as Grambling, knew that was going to happen. Have to win tonight.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nah it’s what you get from the Mexican dude pushing a cart and ringing a bell. 

So if we win tonight (and we will), we get dulces y helados?  

My daughter who is probably now more fluent in Spanish than me, likes to get "Gelato" with her friends.  She thinks it's fancy ice cream.  I told her "Gelato" is just "Helado" in Spanish.  Just another latin term for ice cream.  But she came up with a clever idea for an ice cream truck that rhymes nicely.  "Helado Gelato" so everybody would love it.  Thought that was a cool idea.  And then Aggie Blue Bell's frozen confections killed a bunch of people so now we can't have nice dessert things.  Dammit.  

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

Yeah that is the only negative having a 4 seed as bad as Grambling, knew that was going to happen. Have to win tonight.

For some reason Louisiana brought in their #2 starter out of the bullpen. Has thrown 3 innings.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

For some reason Louisiana brought in their #2 starter out of the bullpen. Has thrown 3 innings.

Grambling had bases loaded with 1 out earlier in game. Score was 4-1 at the time.

6 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Grambling had bases loaded with 1 out earlier in game. Score was 4-1 at the time.

Yeah I saw that. If you trusted your bullpen/non-weekend starter to begin a 0-0 game against Grambling not sure I would be pressing the panic button at 4-1 in the 2nd inning.

3 hours ago, TexasGary said:

Yesterday, in the 5th inning after the grand slam I heard the announcer say this and I thought this should be our new motto.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed97657c448f4b51a315fc96679f7f67.jpeg

Said every aggy after our move to the SEC was revealed. 

• Hook 'Em 2