Brazil vs Mexico - College Station - June 8

Dignan

Any of you going into aggyland to watch this? I will be there with my son! Couldn't pass up a chance to see Brazil. I've been married to a Brazilian for 22 years now and have obviously supported the Selecao like they are my own...of course when they aren't playing the US. Can't wait to see them destroy Mexico and cannot believe it is being played in College Station. :) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dignan said:

Any of you going into aggyland to watch this? I will be there with my son! Couldn't pass up a chance to see Brazil. I've been married to a Brazilian for 22 years now and have obviously supported the Selecao like they are my own...of course when they aren't playing the US. Can't wait to see them destroy Mexico and cannot believe it is being played in College Station. :) 

Nope, but I am sure some nice aggy will give you directions to your seat, be gracious hosts, and all that. Pretty soon your son will be applying. You will see. Happens at all the games and we have written proof of it. And yeah know aggy never lies.

• Hook 'Em 2

i saw Plano beat LaMarque for a state title in 1986 at Kyle Field.  never been back.

i know they're trying to set an attendance record of some sort but just seems like an odd and hard to get to venue to do it.

also, if aggy wins the regional this weekend, they'll also host a Super Regional the same weekend as the Brazil/Mexico game.  talk about a clusterfuck.  good luck to the visiting fans finding a hotel room.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Went to A&M once in 2005, you know how that game went. After the game I took a picture on the 50 kneeling on the logo doing the double Horns up. I have no need to go back again.

image.png.6d276f784c001ba72f862b8579759b23.png

Digital cameras have come a long way in just under 20 years. That is the full sized picture there and man it's small.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Digital cameras have come a long way in just under 20 years. That is the full sized picture there and man it's small.

I love the looks that the Purple Demon 😈 in the Longhorn Jersey is getting.

Aggies hate colored demons and people  

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

i saw Plano beat LaMarque for a state title in 1986 at Kyle Field.  never been back.

i know they're trying to set an attendance record of some sort but just seems like an odd and hard to get to venue to do it.

also, if aggy wins the regional this weekend, they'll also host a Super Regional the same weekend as the Brazil/Mexico game.  talk about a clusterfuck.  good luck to the visiting fans finding a hotel room.

Would never get a hotel room IN College Station. I would not recommend it to anyone else, either. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/31/2024 at 7:37 AM, Jive Turkey said:

I know how to solve that problem. 

6 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

How long before aggy start yelling "puuuuuutooooo" during football games on opposing team kickoffs and then claiming they invented it?

Aggy has been "Home of the Puto" for decades, bruh. They're called Milkmen.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 10:12 AM, Captain Ron said:

I had 2 immediate thoughts to this pic...

1) it's rare to see a horns jersey wearer rock an "8" but thank god cedric griffin not only smashed the ohio state tight end and separated him from the ball but also thank god he returned that blocked punt for a td when the offense was in the midst of shitting the bed against the agros that year. that game was so freaking dumb.

2) i never would have thought that captain ron, even in the mid-2000's, would be a jersey wearer.

Edited by sidis
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

LOL aggy gets to see the B team.

It’s not like a ton of aggies will be at the game. 

It will be Mexicans from the greater Houston, San Antonio, Austin, East Texas areas converging on the “Paris on the Brazos” that is College Station.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't blame him - Uruguay routed them 4-0 earlier this week and fans ran onto the field during the game.  Their coach might worry about similar. 

It was literally like 10 fans total. 

El Tri is pretty much seen as a joke by all mexican soccer fans, especially in Mexico. No money being put into development and favoritism is rampant in the roster construction. The expectation of ever winning again is completely gone. Ironically it’s the women’s program that has been quietly improving in recent years. The U-20 women’s team beat the US in the CONCACAF title game last year. I don’t think they had ever beaten the Americans before.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

It was literally like 10 fans total. 

El Tri is pretty much seen as a joke by all mexican soccer fans, especially in Mexico. No money being put into development and favoritism is rampant in the roster construction. The expectation of ever winning again is completely gone. Ironically it’s the women’s program that has been quietly improving in recent years. The U-20 women’s team beat the US in the CONCACAF title game last year. I don’t think they had ever beaten the Americans before.

AGAIN? Wouldn't that assume they were ever a winner?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Such an odd / horrible location choice for this game

Only thing worse is the answer to this question:

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Where is this broadcast? I am not driving to collie station. Nope. did that before. Fuck  that place. And to further what others said, their Marriott sucks.

Fox Deportes & TUDN from what I am reading.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Cheap seats were still available a minute ago.

IMG_6084.png

They were 2 for $90 a few days ago.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Looks like a weak crowd, maybe late arriving. This should have been in hou / dfw / Austin 

No shit. Any other place and I would have gone. College Station? Nah.... 

Yeah, this is very much the Brazil B squad. I'm not sure that is actually a good thing for Mexico, these are guys fighting for Roster spots, so they might be out there fighting like hell. The could already be up 2-0.