Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s gotta be him or Bakich. I don’t see many other options tbh. 

Bakich had that magical CWS run at Michigan in 2019. In his 14 years of head coaching that’s the only season he’s ever even made it to a super regional. Unless he wins today I guess.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Bakich had that magical CWS run at Michigan in 2019. In his 14 years of head coaching that’s the only season he’s ever even made it to a super regional. Unless he wins today I guess.

I’m glad you told me this. I never would have known otherwise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Me, I’ll require $2 mil (5 year guaranteed) and I’ll use the other $1.5 mil of my base to augment staff salaries and I’ll pick my staff from the “best of” on this board. Who’s up for $600-700k per year to help me turn this ship around? 

my experience? I care, I’m an alum, a lawyer and there’s good precedent for going from lawyer to D1 coaching, and I coached 2 seasons of 10U where we focused on player development and took no hitting kids and got them base hits before the year was out. 

Let’s go!!

80S Dancing GIF

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I've seen the arguments against, which boil down to he hasn't won anything. What are the arguments for?

He’s young and a disciple of Casey, winning a national championship as player for him. Before Oregon st, he was a manager in the minors so you can assume he can develop. At Oregon st, Canham has coached pretty well in the limited time he’s been there. I still think there are better names we should go after but if attainability is a high priority then Canham is going to get a call. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Levi said:

He’s young and a disciple of Casey, winning a national championship as player for him. Before Oregon st, he was a manager in the minors so you can assume he can develop. At Oregon st, Canham has coached pretty well in the limited time he’s been there. I still think there are better names we should go after but if attainability is a high priority then Canham is going to get a call. 

Yeah... Mitch Canham

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

Even if Oregon State ends up making a run to Omaha this year, feels like Canham won't have enough skins on the wall to warrant a look from Texas unless they get turned down by all their top targets.  Feels like the fanbase in general and donors will expect to poach a bigger name.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Even if Oregon State ends up making a run to Omaha this year, feels like Canham won't have enough skins on the wall to warrant a look from Texas unless they get turned down by all their top targets.  Feels like the fanbase in general and donors will expect to poach a bigger name.  

It’s going to come down to how bad they want Pierce fired. If it’s low then I think the search to be big names only, which would increase the chances of Pierce returning. If it’s high then the search will be wide open. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This board done pining after O’Sullivan?  He was the consensus board choice last time I think. 

furthermore, would anyone be interested in a Dave van horn if he were open to making a move?

Van Horn feels like a Calipari move, plus he’s getting up there on age. 

We need a guy with some personality and ability to get the BMD to put up buckage. I get the impression Pierce is not a favorite of the money guys.

Not familiar with the field, but the one who sounded like he might fit that is Vitello at the wrong UT. Pros? Cons?

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

We need a guy with some personality and ability to get the BMD to put up buckage. I get the impression Pierce is not a favorite of the money guys.

Not familiar with the field, but the one who sounded like he might fit that is Vitello at the wrong UT. Pros? Cons?

If a team is a reflection of its coach, I want nothing to do with him based on the hot dog team he runs out there. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

IMG_6806.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

the wolf of wall street GIF

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

John Candy No GIF by Laff

• immamac changed the title to Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?