Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?

If Weiner was our top candidate, the timeline would have gone

•Pierce fired after regionals

•Weiner interviewed after Supers

•Announced as the new coach on CWS day 1

Probably would stay with the Ags through the CWS getting his name mentioned on TV a million times and giving us a huge recruiting boost

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

1. A quality wiener gets you places in life 

2. you’re not interviewing anyone SEC and still in the cws. Schloss has to notify A&M if contacted by any school, I’m sure the same for wiener 

Tell me you havent ever worked in the business world without telling me you have never worked in the business world. 

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Tell me you havent ever worked in the business world without telling me you have never worked in the business world. 

he brought it up earlier this week in an interview 

unless my mind tricks me 

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Can’t keep book and coach 3rd 🥺🥺🥺

I’m the third base coach. I can point at the bag or roll my arms to home I won’t do one and mean the other. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Ags complaining about us breaking the scale for baseball would be incredible 

they’re going to match so it’ll come down to his choice between two rivals 

if ut goes after him

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

they’re going to match so it’ll come down to his choice between two rivals 

if ut goes after him

IF???

You think he and Del Conte haven't had The Conversation already?

Vitello’s agent is always looking for a raise, thus he’s always available. Texas would have to reset the market to prevent Tennessee from matching. He’d be an exciting hire, but I’m not sure that’s CDC’s style. 

I think Schloss would be crazy to leave. He can write his own check on a lifetime appointment after this season. And aggy will overlook any and all bad behavior. Baseball Jimbo that actually wins is an apt comparison. 

The Florida and Kentucky coaches would both an improvement. Both probably wouldn’t match an aggressive offer. Hosting a a super regional is 90% of the battle on the road to Omaha. I’d be good with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Vitello’s agent is always looking for a raise, thus he’s always available. Texas would have to reset the market to prevent Tennessee from matching. He’d be an exciting hire, but I’m not sure that’s CDC’s style. 

I think Schloss would be crazy to leave. He can write his own check on a lifetime appointment after this season. And aggy will overlook any and all bad behavior. Baseball Jimbo that actually wins is an apt comparison. 

The Florida and Kentucky coaches would both an improvement. Both probably wouldn’t match an aggressive offer. Hosting a a super regional is 90% of the battle on the road to Omaha. I’d be good with it. 

Idk.  🤷‍♀️ past few hires he went after best available other than sark and even then he took a shot at urban

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Schloss is not a jimbo, not even close unless you mean aggy would make him the highest paid coach like jimbo then ok. That’s the only similarity - if it happens.

Edited by troph

X posting

Blake Munroe 

I have to hand it to Texas, they’ve kept a tight lid on the coaching situation and it’s been tough to get concrete info. However, I’ve checked with some sources and here’s what I’m hearing:

- I haven’t spoken to anyone who believes David Pierce will be the head coach of Texas next year. Not a single person. 

- Texas has done due diligence on a lot of coaches. A LOT. Including some names that really surprised me. There’s been a lot of people express interest in the job, and rightfully so as it’s one of the best in the nation.

- Multiple people thought an announcement regarding Pierce would have been made late last week. Obviously that never happened. Not sure why, but I thought that was interesting. 

- Texas A&M HC Jim Schlossnagle is a name that has been floated around a lot. Expect Texas A&M to try and do everything possible (financially) to keep him from the Longhorns.

- Schloss is definitely in play. There is legit interest from both sides.

- Don’t be surprised if Tulo stays on in some capacity, regardless of the coaching change. That’s huge news for the Horns imo. 

Edit: a few more things worth reading a few replies down that I didn’t add in here. 

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Blake Munroe 

I have to hand it to Texas, they’ve kept a tight lid on the coaching situation and it’s been tough to get concrete info. However, I’ve checked with some sources and here’s what I’m hearing:

- I haven’t spoken to anyone who believes David Pierce will be the head coach of Texas next year. Not a single person. 

So he hasn't talked to Balcones?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Idk.  🤷‍♀️ past few hires he went after best available other than sark and even then he took a shot at urban

We had Saban hooked….just couldn’t get him in the boat.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

X posting

Blake Munroe 

- Texas has done due diligence on a lot of coaches. A LOT. Including some names that really surprised me. There’s been a lot of people express interest in the job, and rightfully so as it’s one of the best in the nation.

- Multiple people thought an announcement regarding Pierce would have been made late last week. Obviously that never happened. Not sure why, but I thought that was interesting. 

- Texas A&M HC Jim Schlossnagle is a name that has been floated around a lot. Expect Texas A&M to try and do everything possible (financially) to keep him from the Longhorns.

- Schloss is definitely in play. There is legit interest from both sides.

- Don’t be surprised if Tulo stays on in some capacity, regardless of the coaching change. That’s huge news for the Horns imo. 

Edit: a few more things worth reading a few replies down that I didn’t add in here. 

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

Garbage update. Said a lot of words that all amounted to nothing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So he hasn't talked to Balcones?

I’ve only made one comment on what I’ve heard. And it’s that CDC likes Tulo. That was followed by someone commenting about the groundskeeper, some guy saying he was going to Long Beach, and some guy saying I was guessing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I’m sure they met at the Waffle House in college station. Or the Dixie chicken.

These guys are in a "talk every day" type of friendship. That's the relationship they have. There's little chance the possiblility of Schlossenheimernagle coming to Texas hasn't been discussed a few times over the past seven years, and I'd imagine a bit more the past few months. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but the point is there isn't some loose connection here, they're real deal close. Also it appears Schloss is a bit more built for Austin than College Station on a personal level. Again, doesn't mean it'll happen, but I've heard it's a real thing.

For me, if you take away the fact that those are annoying aggys who are running around that small city, Schloss has a lot of reason to stay in college station. The money will be there. The facilities are going to happen. He can create his own legacy there. It'd have been a lot easier for him to jump ship had he not made the finals, and possibly winning the whole gotdamn thing. But...... what does he really want?

• Hook 'Em 3

I’m not convinced it’s schloss but I woke up with a grin on my face thinking a week ago the agroids were appalled and incredulous to the idea he might consider Texas, then a week later it’s still quiet over here with no announcement and now they are shitting their pants.  God I hope it happens just for the melt down. 

and I’ve changed my tune - go rocky top - and then schloss come on down, your the next contestant on the Making of a Texas Legend. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

I don’t know what he wants but he’s not directly following a legend and he could be enshrined as one of a the greats here if he does what we think he can do. I mean just in the modern era statutes out front of Gus, Augie and Schloss would get my blood pumping if I was him. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t know what he wants but he’s not directly following a legend and he could be enshrined as one of a the greats here if he does what we think he can do. I mean just in the modern era statutes out front of Gus, Augie and Schloss would get my blood pumping if I was him. 

Yah, that's included in all of that "what he wants." You want to be the man at your university, or one of the men at one of the greatest baseball universities that exists? Neither is a bad option. All on how his brain operates in that department. 

Edited by UncleBuck

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, that's included in all of that "what he wants." You want to be the man at your university, or one of the men at one of the greatest baseball universities that exists? Neither is a bad option. All on how his brain operates in that department. 

I’d prefer to have company. I think making it big here is easier (resources and brand) but conversely harder too (standards are higher). And you get a statute here it fucking means something. 

Edited by troph

44 minutes ago, troph said:

Gus, Augie…Schloss does have a ring to being Texas gold.

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If he wins it all, he'll never be able to go out to dinner in CS without being swarmed by weirdos. Austin is big enough he'd still have some anonymity to have a personal life without worrying if the whole restaurant is going to come over and serenade him with the war hymn when he's trying to have a nice meal with his wife.  

"Guys, Schloss is at the Chicken. Fire up the Yell Leader Signal!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1