Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ, we actually have people on here that think one basebalk national championship makes aggy the best program in the state over arguably the best baseball program in the nation?

Only one.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ, we actually have people on here that think one basebalk national championship makes aggy the best program in the state over arguably the best baseball program in the nation?

Of course not. But they'll be the best team in Texas at the moment.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Of course not. But they'll be the best team in Texas at the moment.

That’s not what you started with. From time to time another program has the best team in the state.  Supplanting Texas as the best program? Nah bro.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I agree, which is why their current success is so frustrating. I hate it.

I get what you’re saying but they didn’t even get out of the regionals last year, and did it in typical aggie fashion. They went and grabbed a couple of talented portal guys and a new pitching coach that will have a new job soon. This is more of an anomaly than what we are going to get in the future. If they win today or tomorrow, aggie will have to prove something that they haven’t shown ever in their athletic history in the big 3 sports. I doubt we’re looking at the new Vanderbilt 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s all good now though 

I wouldn’t mind if DFF was torn down and rebuilt to be honest

It’s very outdated and horrible lines 

copy whataburger or RR field, add suites and more seats 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If they win this national championship, they will have the best college baseball program in the state for the time being.

Well no dick! They do right now without winning it. But this isn’t about right now. Does he wants to create his own legacy in CS, or or make his mark on one of the greatest baseball programs of all time?  None of us can answer that, only he can. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Levi said:

I get what you’re saying but they didn’t even get out of the regionals last year, and did it in typical aggie fashion. They went and grabbed a couple of talented portal guys and a new pitching coach that will have a new job soon. This is more of an anomaly than what we are going to get in the future. If they win today or tomorrow, aggie will have to prove something that they haven’t shown ever in their athletic history in the big 3 sports. I doubt we’re looking at the new Vanderbilt 

It's a completely right now thing born out of frustration and hatred.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Well no dick! They do right now without winning it. But this isn’t about right now. Does he wants to create his own legacy in CS, or or make his mark on one of the greatest baseball programs of all time?  None of us can answer that, only he can. 

Personally, I don't see it happening, but it would be hilarious.

Plus we'd get a really good coach.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Personally, I don't see it happening, but it would be hilarious.

Plus we'd get a really good coach.

I’ve said I probably wouldn’t bet on it, but the idea of it being completely in “no chance” territory is silly to me. There’s a serious bond between CDC and Schloss, and I have no doubt he’d strongly consider. Today’s possible events make that a lot tougher, but…

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I agree, which is why their current success is so frustrating. I hate it.

Why do you give a fuck?  I only care when they beat us.  Them winning it all today or tomorrow makes no difference in my life.

Fix our problems, they fade.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, wood said:

Whole lotta people in here acting like they know things for certain when they don't know shit. Welcome to the internets.

Yep. Someone said there was a team meeting two weeks ago to tell the team Pierce was fired. Then they say that Tulo is the new LB State coach and taking Longley with them. Total BS and they act like they are in the meeting themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why do you give a fuck?  I only care when they beat us.  Them winning it all today or tomorrow makes no difference in my life.

I really don't need chest thumpy aggy family members.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I really don't need chest thumpy aggy family members.

Have you ever known an aggy to stop chest-thumping, even over nothing at all? Not gonna happen. They're gonna do it either way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Yep. Someone said there was a team meeting two weeks ago to tell the team Pierce was fired. Then they say that Tulo is the new LB State coach and taking Longley with them. Total BS and they act like they are in the meeting themselves.

Do you seriously think David Pierce will be coaching baseball at Texas next year?

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Do you seriously think David Pierce will be coaching baseball at Texas next year?

Do you think they told the team he is fired and that Tulo is the head coach at LB?  That was the point of my post. In response to another post that said people on here think the have inside scoop.

Just now, Balcones said:

Do you think they told the team he is fired and that Tulo is the head coach at LB?  That was the point of my post. In response to another post that said people on here think the have inside scoop.

I have no idea if they told the team either thing.  I'm no insider.  I know exactly one billionaire big money donor and he doesn't tell me shit.  I really don't care if people claim insider status, I can't prove it either way, but logic tells me Pierce is gone and that CDC is waiting for the CWS to end.

I will have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong.  Won't be the first time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

If they win this national championship, they will have the best college baseball program in the state for the time being.

Disagree. Shit changes fast. Aggy wasn’t the premier WBB program after they won a title. It took less than a few years for Baylor and Texas to surpass them and now they’re well behind both 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And this is how I know it's not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be.

Thank you, Josh Pate, for giving me much needed perspective.

The world will forget as soon as fall camp starts for CFB

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Balcones said:

The singular college baseball reporter said Tulo was going to LBSU

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

College baseball may as well be meat judging for 99.999% of sports fans.

I get why you call it “the big 3” but in the NCAA, it’s the big 2 and then the rest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I get why you call it “the big 3” but in the NCAA, it’s the big 2 and then the rest. 

Which sucks because the quality of play is there and the postseason tournament is always good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

reminds me of the mac replacement thread.  we fired 4 or 5 would be candidates before end of bowl season.

It’s the surly way 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

reminds me of the mac replacement thread.  we fired 4 or 5 would be candidates before end of bowl season.

getting rid of Mac brown to help Saban pinch Bama for raise was beyond dumb 

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

For me, there are only a few constants in life. Aggy suckage is one of them. If they win a title, it rocks that foundation a bit. I’m already on edge with the world as it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

aggy baseball broke us

Davidpiercetexasbaseball broke us 

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

For me, there are only a few constants in life. Aggy suckage is one of them. If they win a title, it rocks that foundation a bit. I’m already on edge with the world as it is. 

Me too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach